Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official(ish) 2012 Quarterback Prospect Thread

KCClybun

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

The more options the better. I think Griffin, Barkley, and Jones are all worth top five picks so if we fancy one and want to try to move up to ensure we get him then great. If we want to hold still and chose from whomever falls to use that is also fine with me.

I just want us to stay top five and draft a QB. None of this moving down nonsense.

The only thing I'm afraid of is Minnesota trading their pick to Miami to jump ahead of us.

Its perfectly logical that they can trade down their pick and acquire they player they still need' date=' IE Kalil, and have more picks to get more players.

We are in competition with Miami and Seattle for a franchise QB, and if we stay at 4, this is the worst case scenario:

#1. Colts - Luck

#2. St. Louis - Blackmon

#3. Miami (Minnesota) - Griffin or Barkley

#4. Washington - Whoever is not picked above

#5. Jacksonville - Kalil/Martin

#6. Carolina - Morris Claiborne

#7. Minnesota (Miami) - Kailil/Martin

etc etc.........

In this case, we are left sloppy seconds to whomever Miami fancies more. I prefer us having the option and go for RG3.[/quote']

If we get the number 4 pick I'd give serious thought to trading with St Louis for the number 2 spot, so we'd get the QB we want. The Rams should be able to get their man at 4 assuming the Vikes go for Kalil and the Rams for Blackmon.

I don't think we can judge Kyle yet at all. He was given an offense with little to zero talent and a veteran QB who wouldn't do what was needed. Who are we complaining about that he didn't change his offense for? McNabb? He should have been more willing to learn the offense and play like the Redskins, not the Eagles. Rex or Beck? Two stop-gap QBs who aren't starting quality and won't be here long. Should he have completely switched up the offense for us to win a few more games with Rex and not let the young guys get a grasp on the REAL offense we run? Then none of our players would be comfortable when we bring in a rookie QB and have to go to what Kyle really wants to run. I think we will get a QB who fits, IMO any of the top 3 would, and Kyle will tweak it to their strengths and help them be the best they can be. Plus, Shanahan is a great mentor for young QBs and I trust both of their abilities to make him great.

This

The more options the better. I think Griffin, Barkley, and Jones are all worth top five picks so if we fancy one and want to try to move up to ensure we get him then great. If we want to hold still and chose from whomever falls to use that is also fine with me.

I just want us to stay top five and draft a QB. None of this moving down nonsense.

No way I would take Jones in the top 5...

Just wondering, how many here would (even though they prefer one or the other) still be ecstatic if we drafted either Barkley or RG3? I honestly believe both will be very very good pro's. This is looking like the 2004 QB class with Roethlisberger, Eli, and Rivers. I see a lot of posts about people who only want one or the other. And will get into a heated debate about why RG3 won't work or why Barkley will be a classic USC bust.

Let me put it this way. We all know we need to draft a QB. We're all worried about teams trading up to grab one of these QB's. How many of us will be excited no matter what as long as we get either Barkley or RG3?

If we get the number 4 pick I'd give serious thought to trading with St Louis for the number 2 spot, so we'd get the QB we want. The Rams should be able to get their man at 4 assuming the Vikes go for Kalil and the Rams for Blackmon.

I don't know about everyone else, but I would be PERFECTLY fine with Matt Barkley as a "consolation" prize landing in our lap after Luck and Griffin III. That way, we keep all drafts picks and continue to properly rebuild this franchise with Barkley at the helm. Sure up the OL via draft or FA, maybe sign FA Dwayne Bowe to our WR corps and all of a sudden Barkley could be placed in a position to start Day 1 (Helu, Hightower, Moss, Davis, and Bowe running and catching passes for Barkley sounds pretty damn solid to me).

I thought he meant top 5 rounds :ols: (Sorry GHH, too easy.)

Your missing the beauty in Landry's plan.

He tanks this year, let's Luck and RGIII get out of the way, then just when everyone forgets about him, he comes back and has a National Championship winning season in 2012 for the Sooners and enters the league at #1 in 2013.

That's my new story and I'ma sticking to it.

Hail.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7406/robert-griffin-iii

Yahoo Sports reports that Baylor QB Robert Griffin III's parents have begun the process of interviewing agents to represent their son ahead of the 2012 NFL draft.Citing two sources, Yahoo's Jason Cole reports that there is a "strong likelihood" that Griffin will declare. Recent public comments from the 2011 Heisman Trophy winner indicated Griffin is leaning toward going pro, and at this point we expect him to. Also according to Cole, "numerous scouts and executives" believe Griffin will be a "high first-round draft pick" and would likely be drafted by the Dolphins or Redskins, after the Colts select Andrew Luck. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported last weekend that Griffin could even challenge Luck to be the top-rated player on most teams' draft boards. "Just put him down for the first round," one NFL team executive said. Dec 16 - 4:10 PM

---------- Post added December-16th-2011 at 03:18 PM ----------

@evansilvaEvan Silva

Yahoo's Jason Cole reports there's a "strong likelihood" RG3 will go pro and "it's anticipated" the #Redskins or #Dolphins will draft him.

https://twitter.com/#!/evansilva/sta...86224004890625

Here's the kicker though, apparently the 'Dream Team" Iggle's Vick MAY have been a client of Sam Hurd. See tweet:

incarceratedbob Incarcerated Bob

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: MIKE VICK & also his brother (Former College Player) are on the list of "SUPPOSED" clients of Sam Hurd #IBN

47 minutes ago Favorite Reply

This guy is normally spot on. If this is true, the Iggles may be looking to move up to take a QB. Just a thought.

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7406/robert-griffin-iii

---------- Post added December-16th-2011 at 03:18 PM ----------

@evansilvaEvan Silva

Yahoo's Jason Cole reports there's a "strong likelihood" RG3 will go pro and "it's anticipated" the #Redskins or #Dolphins will draft him.

https://twitter.com/#!/evansilva/sta...86224004890625

What's funny is I quoted a Jason Cole article last week in which Cole said that Luck and Griffin had already said they were gonna come out. The article was later changed and it no longer said that Griffin said he would come out. I'm not sure if that means anything one way or the other, but the fact that Cole now says there's a "strong likelyhood" is kinda telling.

Here's the kicker though, apparently the 'Dream Team" Iggle's Vick MAY have been a client of Sam Hurd. See tweet:

incarceratedbob Incarcerated Bob

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: MIKE VICK & also his brother (Former College Player) are on the list of "SUPPOSED" clients of Sam Hurd #IBN

47 minutes ago Favorite Reply

This guy is normally spot on. If this is true, the Iggles may be looking to move up to take a QB. Just a thought.

Guess we had better lose to Philly for sure now :)

The Iggles are not trading up for a QB as long as Andy Reid is still the coach. He threw away Kolb for Vick. As long as Reid is there, Vick is the QB. They are anchored at the hip. Young is the backup. They are not going to draft a QB in the first round unless another team is willing to give them a high first round pick for either of them. And that ain't happening.

I think RG III will be a better QB than Vick. However, he is not the easy pick for Shanahan, unless both Luck and Barkley are gone. Barkley is the easier pick. Not saying he's a better QB but he is the easier pick. Barkley - USC - good decision maker vs. ultra athletic QB from Baylor. Until a Vick, Young, McNabb or Cam Newton or one of the other athletic QBs win a Super Bowl, the guy from the PAC 10 is the easier pick for Shanahan. The only way the Skins get RG III is if two teams above the Skins get Luck and Barkley. Might not be right, but it's what I expect.

Archived