Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official(ish) 2012 Quarterback Prospect Thread

KCClybun

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

So, you're gonna stop posting now?

At least be honest because if you didn't care what my opinions were they wouldn't bother you so much.

I wonder why my opinions do bother you so much?

Maybe its because I state my points quietly and clearly yet you tend to get pushy and personal yet still end up being wrong?

Like with this thread:

Just let it go. I have no interest in discussing it.

You seem to be able to find cut-ups with ease.

I know I already asked but any luck finding Russell Wilson cut-ups?

Or do you know what it would take to get dirtbag? to make one?

I'm not getting these from Dirtbag. I've been hunting for one around, but I've been unable to find a cut up of him anywhere

Its a great throw. I'm just saying that I think Cam's arm strength is greater, as is his velocity. That's all. I'm not sure that Cam would have placed it better, as he's still a bit inconsistent. But when he lets it rip, he can make throws that no one else can. And that's almost not an exaggeration at all.

I think you're seriously downplaying Cam's arm here. I know that he's a dual-threat, which helps him vs. any defense...but he legitimately stands in the pocket and makes incredible throws every game. He set the rookie passing record with one great but aging WR, a good TE, a decent TE, and a good running game. That's certainly not an offense with no assets in the toolbox, but still. To break such a record, he obviously had to be a superlative passer. And you aren't giving him that credit, I don't think.

Griffin is an excellent prospect. But after seeing Cam's arm transfer so well to the NFL, I don't know how you can say objectively that Griffin is "far and away" the better passer. That's ridiculous.

hey I picked your post because I wanted to try to get this thread back on track again and because I agree. For the record I thought Cam was going to be the biggest bust since Russell in Oakland. He is simply amazing. I think your analysis of him is spot on.

I can't wait to see how RGIII does at the combine or in private workouts if he skips it. I know I shouldn't get all pumped over him because we may not get him but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

This may be silly but ... perhaps we should add Andrew Luck. What if the skins go crazy and decide to mortgage everything to get him?

The concept has been tossed around, and then gets thoroughly tossed out the window within a few days. Basically, for us to land Luck the Colts would have to want to trade (slim odds, from everything we've been hearing), and then we'd have to win the bidding. If I was a gambling man I'd put down one dollar on the outside chance it happened and I won 10k. Long shot, like shooting an Apollo rocket at Saturn.

ny chance that Tyler Wilson declares?

No idea. Haven't heard a peep from him and ESPN is sort of unsure how to characterize him. They did a rundown of the top QBs this year, and while they didn't include Wilson in the list proper (they went Luck, RGIII, Foles, Tannehill), they mentioned him as a sort of wild card in these proceedings if he did come out.

Also, I just want to chuckle a bit about the trade for tebow thread getting shut down so fast. Good work and well done to whoever nipped that inevitable train wreck of a thread in the bud.

From my friend

1. Resign Rex Grossman.

2. Sign Shaun Hill.

3. Draft a QB (if a prospect is available).

The merits of drafting a quarterback should be obvious. Should you make the right choice, you bring stability and production to a position that has lacked it for a very long time for the Washington Redskins.

Rex Grossman should be resigned because he knows the system. What holds Rex Grossman back from being a productive quarterback is two-fold. 1. His work ethic. What was he doing in the offseason? Nothing, which is why he came to training camp overweight. 2. His physical skillset from his height to the size of his hands to his arm strength are all limitations that are also exasperated by his lack of work ethic.

Rex Grossman has shown that despite his shortcomings, his knowledge of the system and his intelligence can at times help him manufacture wins. The great quarterbacks can do this consistently. Rex Grossman can manufacture wins, but not on a consistent basis, but that is enough to be the perfect backup quarterback. Should the starting quarterback be injured, the expectation for Rex Grossman should be to tally a win or two. Furthermore, Grossman has shown with the Chicago Bears that should he be surrounded by the right cast, he can be a part of a winning team.

He is also the insurance plan for Shaun Hill.

Shaun Hill has put up very respectable numbers on two historically mediocre teams. Over sixteen starts (eighteen total games) with the San Franciso 49ers, Hill produced 23 TD versus 11 INT. Over ten starts (thirteen total games) with the Detroit Lions, Hill produced 16 TD versus 12 INT.

1. Shaun Hill can succeed in multiple situations under multiple coaches (Schwartz, Singletary, Nolan) on multiple teams. Having to learn a new system under Kyle Shanahan should not present typical growing pains.

2. Shaun Hill will not cost very much.

3. Shaun Hill will understand his role. At 31, he knows that he will not be expected to be the "franchise quarterback" for any team. He will not hamstring the team from drafting or signing other young prospects.

From my friend

1. Resign Rex Grossman.

2. Sign Shaun Hill.

3. Draft a QB (if a prospect is available).

The merits of drafting a quarterback should be obvious. Should you make the right choice, you bring stability and production to a position that has lacked it for a very long time for the Washington Redskins.

Rex Grossman should be resigned because he knows the system. What holds Rex Grossman back from being a productive quarterback is two-fold. 1. His work ethic. What was he doing in the offseason? Nothing, which is why he came to training camp overweight. 2. His physical skillset from his height to the size of his hands to his arm strength are all limitations that are also exasperated by his lack of work ethic.

Rex Grossman has shown that despite his shortcomings, his knowledge of the system and his intelligence can at times help him manufacture wins. The great quarterbacks can do this consistently. Rex Grossman can manufacture wins, but not on a consistent basis, but that is enough to be the perfect backup quarterback. Should the starting quarterback be injured, the expectation for Rex Grossman should be to tally a win or two. Furthermore, Grossman has shown with the Chicago Bears that should he be surrounded by the right cast, he can be a part of a winning team.

He is also the insurance plan for Shaun Hill.

Shaun Hill has put up very respectable numbers on two historically mediocre teams. Over sixteen starts (eighteen total games) with the San Franciso 49ers, Hill produced 23 TD versus 11 INT. Over ten starts (thirteen total games) with the Detroit Lions, Hill produced 16 TD versus 12 INT.

1. Shaun Hill can succeed in multiple situations under multiple coaches (Schwartz, Singletary, Nolan) on multiple teams. Having to learn a new system under Kyle Shanahan should not present typical growing pains.

3. Shaun Hill will understand his role. At 31, he knows that he will not be expected to be the "franchise quarterback" for any team. He will not hamstring the team from drafting or signing other young prospects.

You need new friends.

why do we worry about cost? we are swimming in money, and desperate for a QB. though i wouldnt bet flynn is 'the answer' just yet, i'd pay the money- since we have it- to find out. and his system is just like our own (according to people who know better than i)

not opposed to hill, as a MD fan, either. and, i want RG3.

Excluding the Shaun Hill excertion 8181...

Every negative that you've written about Grossman should be the reasons why we should not resign him. His shortcomings are there to be seen by the naked eye, but the one falliable reason for bringing him back is because "he knows the system."

If Kyles system is so QB-friendly, then we should have no problem with going the Andy Dalton route.

The concept has been tossed around, and then gets thoroughly tossed out the window within a few days. Basically, for us to land Luck the Colts would have to want to trade (slim odds, from everything we've been hearing), and then we'd have to win the bidding. If I was a gambling man I'd put down one dollar on the outside chance it happened and I won 10k. Long shot, like shooting an Apollo rocket at Saturn.

Or actually landing on the moon :P Conspiracy theorists unite!

Point taken - I guess it isn't really an option especially if the Colts have already publicly stated that they will take him. I wonder what that means for Peyton Manning though.

I dont think he should declare, would do a lot better returning to school another year. Also from what I've read on twitter he seems to be leaning to returning, although it hasn't been made official

Boo ... :(

He'd be a lot better off earning millions of dollars as the Redskins QB :D

I wouldn't draft him this year in the 1st round to be honest

my mancrush in wilson is a new one, so i'm curious- outside of him only starting one year, why wouldnt you consider him? dude looks very good on film, great size, very good arm, good stats. i'm looking for a flaw with this guy. not that he'll likely be available.....

still, after rg3 and luck, this guy looks like an excellent prospect to me.

my mancrush in wilson is a new one, so i'm curious- outside of him only starting one year, why wouldnt you consider him? dude looks very good on film, great size, very good arm, good stats. i'm looking for a flaw with this guy. not that he'll likely be available.....

still, after rg3 and luck, this guy looks like an excellent prospect to me.

Right there you said it only starting one year. He has the tools, but he's raw and his mechanics are spotty at times. He has a ton of talent, but he's better served waiting another year

Just figured I would throw out there that "John Beck" just put in an application at my office.

Didn't see his face, but our secretary just yelled "Brad, just got an application from a "John Beck", would you like to review it or should I just file it?"

Classic. Priceless. Hilarious. Can't pick a word but that just made my day and I had to share.

Just figured I would throw out there that "John Beck" just put in an application at my office.

Didn't see his face, but our secretary just yelled "Brad, just got an application from a "John Beck", would you like to review it or should I just file it?"

Classic. Priceless. Hilarious. Can't pick a word but that just made my day and I had to share.

is it 'the' john beck? i'm guessing no?

Archived