Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya'll disappointed on this, I'm pissed off about how quick FTWD went into apocalypse mode.  I was faithful, but done after season 1.

I was really hoping FTWD would spend more time on the build up to full blown apocalypse.  I still watch it but not closely.  I save it until there is a rainy day and I don't have **** else to do.  Big let down to me.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I got 4 epsidoe into fear and the outbreak had happened and people were running for their lives. that was it for me. Completely lost what I thought it was going to be 

Yeah, I thought it would be similar to Contagion. Once I saw where it was headed, it wasn't the same. Initially I was interested when Morgan joined the cast, in going back an watching subsequent seasons, but it's just probably not worth it

15 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I was really hoping FTWD would spend more time on the build up to full blown apocalypse.  I still watch it but not closely.  I save it until there is a rainy day and I don't have **** else to do.  Big let down to me.

The only thing I didn't/don't like about FTWD, was the fact there was not at least say half of the first season dedicated to showing the origin of the virus and how it infected the entire world population.  Where did it develop and come from (government experiments to weaponize a virus, experiment gone bad? or another virus/disease mutated and they were looking for a cure?).  How was it released, how did it spread to the entire world population.  

That could have been the first 4 episodes in season one, with the final 4 shifting to Travis, Madison, Alicia, Nick, etc.  Episode 4 was when they started noticing differences with the national guard and military (**** was going down), would have been a perfect season finale episode.  And we would get to know the true origin.

Overall though, me and the wife love FTWD.  It went through a dry spell in the middle, but picked up nicely, imo.  While it's basically the same format as TWD, I feel like they did a good job of keeping it interesting.  Like the farm and war between the ranchers family and the native american tribe.  It was a different approach because it was decades and decades of bad blood between them, and insight showing what might happen when there is no longer any rules being enforced and basically the world is the wild west.  

Fear did move pretty fast, but I like where they are now.  Adding Morgan was brilliant, even though it caused a time warp to present day to align with TWD.  As far as TWD, I'm not sure how Daryl will do when he is the leading role and carrying the show.  What we know is Maggie will be part time and only in 6 of 8 episodes during the first half of season 9, with her contract on her new show allowing her to shoot TWD during the hiatus, but it's individually contracted between her and TWD, which will limit the second half of season 9 (and future seasons - if renewed).  Rick is only going to be in 6 episodes too since he is departing for another show.  

My guess is Rick dies......possibly in conflict with Maggie and Daryl?  Maybe Maggie kills him for getting in her way trying to get to Negan?  Then she has to flee/leave and go into hiding, which would allow for her to come back in episodes later on in the series.  Then, Daryl is left to be the leader.  They probably wanted this all along, since Daryl is the only main character not in the comic books.  I'm in it until the ship sinks, invested way too much time to turn back now.

• 4 months later...

I’m intrigued by the opening so far. I love that they are going into DC finally and looking to set up shop. 

Also I see that Zach mcGowan has joined the cast which is an exciting addition. He’s excellent playing Roan in The 100

Short hair Rick is so far my least favorite Rick

Daryl speaks? WTH show is this. 

Somebody is going to walk on the glass floor and fall thru into the pit of walkers. Because of course they are, it’s the dumbest thing one of the characters could do in this building so naturally that’s what will happen. 

Also, I’m referring to Gabriel as Kung Lao from now on 

I'm done.

I was in the category of gotta watch just to find out but the show has become unwatchable for me.

I watched until that idiotic glass floor scene then just fast forwarded hoping to see something that showed a glimmer of hope but all I saw were dark talking scenes that are drawn out way too far and too often on this show and bore me to tears.

I dont care anymore how they wrap this up, it's become nascar to me I've lost any waning interest that was left.

46 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I'm done.

I was in the category of gotta watch just to find out but the show has become unwatchable for me.

I watched until that idiotic glass floor scene then just fast forwarded hoping to see something that showed a glimmer of hope but all I saw were dark talking scenes that are drawn out way too far and too often on this show and bore me to tears.

I dont care anymore how they wrap this up, it's become nascar to me I've lost any waning interest that was left.

I felt the same way while watching last night. All those slow, darkly-lit conversations had me dozing off.  I'm hoping the writers were just trying to establish the tone of "safety" and "comfort" before sending the characters back into a new threat. I'm gonna stick with it because I've put too much into it but I definitely agree about the season premiere. YAWN.

I am sticking around because I think the next villain(s) could be a fun arc, but I am really not interested in the melodrama aspects of communities being mad at each other. 

I also actually think Rick exiting the show could be a good thing overall to see what happens in the leadership vacuum.  Interesting to see what will happen with prisoner Negan, since Rick exiting at this time in the story (and not by death probably) is a huge departure from where the comic book went with this. 

Part of the reason I think FTWD got a lot better is because it is structured very different than the TWD, or sort of how TWD used to be.  You have the core group but right now they are more or less nomads, not setting up shop in once place. They encounter what comes their way and move on.  It feels more like a survival show.

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am sticking around because I think the next villain(s) could be a fun arc, but I am really not interested in the melodrama aspects of communities being mad at each other. 

I also actually think Rick exiting the show could be a good thing overall to see what happens in the leadership vacuum.  Interesting to see what will happen with prisoner Negan, since Rick exiting at this time in the story (and not by death probably) is a huge departure from where the comic book went with this. 

Rick and Maggie both need to be killed off.  It's the only way to do justice to the show, imo.  

20 hours ago, redskinss said:

I'm done.

Yeah, man.  It was terrible.  The scene that got me is when that walker in the Natural History Museum had a bunch of CGI spiders come out of its face, and then the big tarantula  spider at the end.  What the ****, dude.  I just shook my head in disgust.  How did a show that started off SO strong end up where we're at? 

20 hours ago, ShredSkins said:

McGowan was awesome in Black Sails. 

Yes he was.  There's no doubt he will play a big role this season, I assume he'll lead the posse of Sanctuary bammas who revolt and attempt to rescue Negan. 

Is this the final season of the show?  I want it to be over, make the hurting stop.  I'm fine with everyone dying at the end, kill 'em all. 

16 minutes ago, Yohan said:

At least they addressed the fuel issue finally with the making of ethanol...I guess. I made it to where Gregory was speaking to the parents of the no name guy that tried to rescue the horse.

With that specific storyline, it's definitely worth finishing the episode

6 hours ago, Yohan said:

At least they addressed the fuel issue finally with the making of ethanol...I guess. I made it to where Gregory was speaking to the parents of the no name guy that tried to rescue the horse.

I said who is this new guy talking...oh he's a redshirt and wow he's already dead. 

Also, LMAO at anyone in this group being smart enough to manufacture a gas. 

I thought it was ok. Actually like the way its going. Try to rebuild but still have normal human behavior, and of course Zombies.

I do wonder a few things - 

Like those that live on hilltop. They do most of the farming. Dont they ever think "You know -there are some nice houses in Alexandria. Why dont we move there?"

also - They figured out gas but not solar power?

I hated Fear but this season really enjoyed it.  I think its that the characters stopped being so freaking serious all the time. Not every conversation was slow and drawn out and so serious. I get its dark times, but man, people are still human and have actual personalities! in Fear, the beer guy, the girl trucker, guy in the wheelchair.  They have real conversations, say stupid things -joke.  

In WD, every single conversation is deprived of any real emotion other then "MAN. LIFE IS HARD".

1 hour ago, TMK9973 said:

They figured out gas but not solar power?

Looked like they had solar panels and windmills in the opening montage stuff 

2 hours ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

Yeah, I'm with y'all.  I've watched it for so long, that I am still watching, despite being underwhelmed.

I am curious to see if they will close the loop on the helicopter.

I can’t even remember, did Morgan leave at the end of last season or is he still technically in Rick’s group 

Archived