Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

• 3 weeks later...

I hear they got rid of Gimple. He won’t be leading things next season. Which is a step in the right direction, but it may have been two seasons too late. 

Not sure even if they redeemed themselves next season that even half of the viewers who’ve ditched the show would come back. 

That was a pretty big letdown. Seemed to be resolved way too easily. 

Also...I really don’t like Rick anymore. He goes thru all of this “I’m going to kill you” etc and then as soon as Negan beats him in battle Rick tries to pull the “wait wait it doesn’t have to be this way, for Carl hear me out” and then as soon as Negan shows us a sliver of the humanity still inside of him, Ricks slices his throat. “Gotcha ****. Oh for Carl, let’s have peace now” 

gtfo Rick. Props to JDM tho because you could really see it in Negan’s eyes. He believed  Rick in that moment and saw a way to come back from this monster he had become. 

I don’t really like how any of this was handled. None of flowed or made sense. Carl and Negan didn’t really interact much so this ridiculous amount of respect for Carl is not believable. Timeline wise Carl was hiding in Negans truck ready to kill him like 3 weeks ago and now he has suddenly always been a lifelong beacon of inspiration for peace and diplomacy? Ok. All of Carl’s death momentum was wasted anyway with Rick’s actions the last half of this season. Only to have some last minute “let’s not do this” after Rick got his ego stroked slicing Negans throat. 

Then they see him in the hospital and Michonne and Rick are total assholes to the guy. I’m not saying Negan is a good guy but damn. They beat the guy, they half killed him and then stand over top of him and be pieces of ****...I don’t know. Kinda hope Maggie, Jesus and Daryl just go off on Rick and Michonne for sparing Negan. Tho I’m sure they were talking about just killing Negan. And since when did jesus want to kill? Why the hell is in suddenly in on the violence. 

Im happy Dwight found his wife was alive. He’s one of the few genuinely interesting characters left now that Simon is dead. I’m sure he will be back but it sucks Daryl told him to leave. He might be offbrand Daryl but he’s a hell of a lot more interesting than Daryl since up to the moment Beth was kidnapped. 

Definite time skip coming. Maggie will have already had a baby (assuming she signs a new contract), Negan will still be alive (so so much for those plans Maggie) and now with the plans they received, these communities should be much more advanced by the time the show picks up. 

Its intriguing and I’m sure I’ll watch it but damn. I’m really just watching to see it end. Mostly hate watching and comedy watching with a mild curiosity of how the story will play out. For a show with so many characters, they’ve done a **** job writing them to the point where id say I actually care about maybe 3 of them. 

On to season 9. 

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That was a pretty big letdown. Seemed to be resolved way too easily.

I don't think there is anything in your post I can disagree on. Now that there appears to be a civil war brewing between Hilltop and Alexandria, it would seem the next big bad will be Maggie (or Rick depending of view). I was actually looking forward to what happens next comic book plot, but Carl was a big part of that so...

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

On to season 9. 

To much time invested to quit now.

#teammaggie

@Momma There Goes That Man  I enjoyed the season finale.  I think they just accelerated the timeline because people were wanting the Negan/Saviors conflict to be over with.  I don't read the comics, but from my understanding, Carl played a bigger part in the whole Negan story line.  I think the letters he left for Negan and Rick, were to add that missing piece of the relationship he had with Negan in the comics.  

If you remember, Negan has been praising Carl throughout the show.  Even plays "house" with him and Judith that one time when Rick wasn't there, taking care of the baby, making spaghetti, etc.  When Michonne was reading him Carl's letter, you could see that he had a soft spot for Carl.  Even said that he never wanted any of this to happen the way it did.  Same when Rick begged for him to listen and gave him 10 seconds.  

Then  Rick sliced his throat.  He played Negan perfectly.  I thought he should have let Maggie kill him though.  As far as the scene with him and Michonne standing over him, I thought it was good.  They were rubbing it in his face, but speaking the truth, telling him he was going to be a prisoner and watch them rebuild society the right way.  I dunno, but I didn't have any problems with that, with exception that an alive Negan doesn't completely end the story line.  

Jesus having a change of heart in regards to killing, I don't think he really wants to, but understands that the only way they can truly move forward is with Negan dead.  That being alive brings a huge risk, if anything, just based on him setting up the most powerful faction they faced during the apocalypse.  With him alive, all it takes is one loyal person to free him, etc.  

Pretty sure we are going to see a civil war between Hilltop and Alexandria, possibly forcing the kingdom and the whisperers (is that what the all women tribe is called?) to take sides.  I'm eager to see where the show goes while under new creative leadership in the upcoming season.

9 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Pretty sure we are going to see a civil war between Hilltop and Alexandria, possibly forcing the kingdom and the whisperers (is that what the all women tribe is called?) to take sides.  I'm eager to see where the show goes while under new creative leadership in the upcoming season.

The all women tribe is Oceanside. The Whisperers would be the next big bad, in the comics.

33 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I enjoyed the season finale.  I think they just accelerated the timeline because people were wanting the Negan/Saviors conflict to be over with. 

I thought it was better than a lot of episodes in a while but that's a low bar for me. I guess I didn't think the Negan/Carl stuff was earned. Negan was basically written as a psychopath until exactly 4 episodes ago. The thing with the comics is that 

Spoiler

they were able to accomplish this same end result with Negan without killing Carl. I think it speaks to the writing on the show that they didn't think they could believably get Rick to show mercy on Negan without Carl dying. Either because of how poorly Rick is written or how poorly Negan has been. 

All of the important Carl/Negan stuff from the comics takes place now while he is imprisoned.

I really don't care if they deviate from the comics and chart their own path. But if they decide to do that, they better nail it and the writing has failed tremendously in that regard. 

Wasnt bad -But I agree with the silly Over the top respect for carl. They talk about him like hes Jesus Christ himself "For carl!"  "Carl would want it this way".  "carls words say..."

I will tell you -I like the "new" fear the walking dead!  

I even liked how they spent the 1st 10 mins basically reminding you that all the characters in walking dead now like to whine a bunch. 

FTWD got off to a so-so start, but I thought S3 was a big rebound and it looks like S4 has the potential to be really good. 

As far as TWD finale goes.  For all of us who read the comics, I feel the show tipped it's hand a couple episodes too early that they were going to go that route once they were trying to "humanize" Negan in a way not previously shown.  That convinced me he would survive and become a prisoner.  Now as far as what happens from there in the comic? It remains to be seen because I just have a tough time seeing it translate to TV, in a world that is supposed to feel more grounded in reality.

That was sort of my biggest issue with the Savoirs/Negan storyline overall for the tv show itself.  No issue with it at all in the comics, but adapting that to the TV show was definitely full of hits & misses for me. 

18 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What did they do? 

First 10 mins of the FTWD premiere was various folks from Alexandria/Hilltop/Kingdom coming to visit Morgan at the trash heap, asking him to come back and join them.

Im confused.  When I saw Morgan was going to FTWD, I assumed it would cover where he was during season 2-5 or whatever.  The premise of FTWD is it is for the time pre-TWD.  So now FTWD is just fast forwarding to "present" using TWD as the base timeline?  Doesnt that kill the whole point of FTWD?

10 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Im confused.  When I saw Morgan was going to FTWD, I assumed it would cover where he was during season 2-5 or whatever.  The premise of FTWD is it is for the time pre-TWD.  So now FTWD is just fast forwarding to "present" using TWD as the base timeline?  Doesnt that kill the whole point of FTWD?

FTWD is doing a time jump it would appear.  The first season of the show did cover the initial outbreak and how it went down in their area of the world, but it quickly became TWD v.2.  

The S4 premiere of FTWD serve two purposes.  One was to show Morgan traveling across the country to get to the group(s) from FTWD, and then the second was to introduce to more characters that look like they will become regulars (at least for now) on the show.

Another thing, Jadis knows a helicopter seems to patrol the area. I'm surprised she so willingly left the heap for Alexandria. 

16 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The S4 premiere of FTWD serve two purposes.  One was to show Morgan traveling across the country to get to the group(s) from FTWD, and then the second was to introduce to more characters that look like they will become regulars (at least for now) on the show.

Is he still bat **** crazy or did the "dull end for humans, sharp end for walkers" bring him back to sanity and peace. 

11 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Another thing, Jadis knows a helicopter seems to patrol the area. I'm surprised she so willingly left the heap for Alexandria. 

Is he still bat **** crazy or did the "dull end for humans, sharp end for walkers" bring him back to sanity and peace. 

He isn't acting crazy, but he is back to just wanting to be alone. He is basically in a place mentally sort of where Carol was a little while back where she'd rather not have friends/people to care about because they will eventually be taken away in some form or fashion.

It isn't until the very last scene of the premiere that we see an actual FTWD regular.  It was a really solid episode.  I think even for those who aren't watchers of FTWD, it would be rather enjoyable.

I was hoping that Daryl and Blondy McBurnface would have made out at the very end of the season so that I could have just checked out completely.

Nothing on the people with the helicopter.  Not a thing.

Negan is still alive, fine.  But now, somehow Maggie is ready for a huge heel turn and she’s taking Jesus and almost gay Daryl with her?  Lame af.

I don’t expect much from this show next season and now they are pillaging characters like Morgan for their second tier show about zombies.

End it already.

Assuming Dwight isn't officially out from the show, I wonder if a way to work him back into the communities is that he runs into the Whisperers first, or at least observes them and decides to go warn everyone.  

I also just read that as of right now Lauren Cohen has not signed a new contract to return for S9.  She has however signed on for an ABC pilot.  It would suck if she just disappears and has to be simply written off (I assume they could come up with something cliche such as dying during child birth, and then also do a time jump).  The fact that she plotted to "Show Rick & Michonne they were wrong" it'd be weird for her to simply be gone. Would they entirely abandon that arc or would Daryl & a reluctant Jesus carry it on themselves, possible recruiting others?

No idea if the contract is over money or if she is simply having doubts about wanting to continue on.

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So since we are pulling stuff from the comics, and I don’t even really care at this poain’t, I assume that the “whisperers” are people who whisper to the hoards of zombies to get them to do their bidding?

I will put it in spoiler tags just in case

Spoiler

The Whisperers are the next big group Rick & Co encounter after the War with the Saviors.  They actually wear the skin of walkers so they can walk amongst them and then anytime they have to fight a group it causes mass confusion, plus it weaponizes the dead. They are lead initially by another quirky lady which is why it lead a lot of comic readers like myself to think Jadis & the trash heap folks were either the TV show's version of the Whisperers or maybe eventually turn into them.  The leader's name is Alpha. I am somewhere in the arc of The War with the Whisperers in my comic reading.

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So since we are pulling stuff from the comics, and I don’t even really care at this poain’t, I assume that the “whisperers” are people who whisper to the hoards of zombies to get them to do their bidding?

Anyone interested in reading the comics, if you google search "the walking dead comics read online", I found a site that has every issue (1-179) on there and you can read them all.  Started reading them yesterday, got through issue 9.  I started at the beginning so I could see how different the show is and even from the get go, lots of characters/things are already way different than the show.

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

The fact that she plotted to "Show Rick & Michonne they were wrong" it'd be weird for her to simply be gone. Would they entirely abandon that arc or would Daryl & a reluctant Jesus carry it on themselves, possible recruiting others?

The new show said Maggie could leave for a limited role in TWD. I think season 9A picks up right after this where she runs some revenge against Negan and possibly comes to blows with Rick over it. Then that will be resolved in the 9A finale and a long time skip will take place before 9B. It doesn’t make sense to introduce plot threads like her wanting to kill Negan only to have a huge time skip where that is basically abandoned. So it must happen before. 

Yay

I found the finale anti-climactic. The pacing of this season also seemed pretty bad. Too many lulls in the action, and too much screen time given to secondary characters rambling on and on in some psuedo-philosophical way.

I really believe this show is past its sell by date.

The problem is that this arc should have been one season. Take out all the worthless filler and it could have focused on the saviors and ricks group and been genuinely exciting. For some unknown reason they have dragged the saviors out for 2.5 seasons and it caused what is pretty difficult to do: make a show about zombies boring 

the writing just doesn’t help. Can someone explain to me the logic of Rick slicing another mans throat and then turning around 5 seconds later and claiming the high road? So he either had an epiphany of incredible magnitude in the time he walked out from behind the tree or he has masterfully planned on slicing his throat non-fatally when just 2 minutes prior he was just tryin to blast Negan with his revolver. 

Rick is the hero of this story supposedly and this moment made him look like ****. There is no other way to interpret this other than that he wanted to kill Negan, tried his hardest to kill Negan, got his ass beat as always, pleads for mercy, double crosses this mercy again by fatally wounding Negan and then because Saddiq works a beaches of Normandy level miracle, Rick can say his mercy overcomes his wrath? 

Thats just bull**** 

Archived