Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Saw my  boy CHARLES VANE ??☠️

As bad as last season was, I'm willing to ignore the bad stuff about the gump "natural history museum" (which made me cringe and almost change the channel).

It's a shame this show is so damn cheap they can't even film in rural SoMD (where theyd find all the set pieces they'd need, for eons) and digitize downtown DC. That **** was awful.

But apart from that, I liked the ep.

On 10/8/2018 at 1:59 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Rick and Maggie both need to be killed off.  It's the only way to do justice to the show, imo.  

You would think so, until you find out Daryl is the man tapped to be the heir to the throne. Very good chance this show becomes SyFy quality before S9 ends.

And what is up with the Hardwick guy? Didn't watch Talking Dead but wasn't he supposedly outed for like abusing his wife or some ****?

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You would think so, until you find out Daryl is the man tapped to be the heir to the throne. Very good chance this show becomes SyFy quality before S9 ends.

And what is up with the Hardwick guy? Didn't watch Talking Dead but wasn't he supposedly outed for like abusing his wife or some ****?

Yeah so it just kinda went away...

He is scheduled to resume work on “Talking Dead,” companion to drama series “The Walking Dead” and “Fear the Walking Dead” on Aug. 12, the date that the latter show returns for the second half of its fourth season. Yvette Nicole Brown had been named interim host during the review.

Hardwick has acknowledged that an online post by his ex-girlfriend Chloe Dykstra alleging she had been sexually assaulted and emotionally abused referred to him. He has denied the allegations but has said the couple’s three-year relationship was imperfect and included arguments.

Edit: The article does say that AMC interviewed people close to both of them to investigate the allegations

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chris-hardwick-sexual-assault-probe_us_5b6150d2e4b0fd5c73d45144

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It was his ex-girlfriend.  She wrote a blog and wrote about being raped by an ex-boyfriend along with being forced to some strict diet, not seeing her friends, etc.  She never identified the ex by name and people came to the conclusion that it was Hardwick she was talking about.  

He got suspended and AMC did an internal investigation into the allegations, interviews, etc. and were not able to find any solid proof that he had done any of those things, so they reinstated him.  

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Saw my  boy CHARLES VANE ??☠️

As bad as last season was, I'm willing to ignore the bad stuff about the gump "natural history museum" (which made me cringe and almost change the channel).

It's a shame this show is so damn cheap they can't even film in rural SoMD (where theyd find all the set pieces they'd need, for eons) and digitize downtown DC. That **** was awful.

But apart from that, I liked the ep.

What, you didn't like this?

Image result for welcome to dufresne county

Yup, good ol DuFresne County ?

They're so lucky the average viewer has no concept of the bordering/surrounding areas and  counties of DC. Its just embarrasing.

3 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Dufresne county doesn't actually exist. It's a nod to Frank Darabont, who directed The Shawshank Redemption with a title character of Andy Dufresne.  Darabont was an EP on season 1 and is, ironically, suing AMC over $280M.

Oh... I just thought they screwed that up.

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

Dufresne county doesn't actually exist. It's a nod to Frank Darabont, who directed The Shawshank Redemption with a title character of Andy Dufresne.  Darabont was an EP on season 1 and is, ironically, suing AMC over $280M.

He should be suing for more. Had they let him continue as showrunner this series would be exponentially better and more highly regarded. 

season 1 -2 which he produced all of season 1 and a large part of season 2 were the best this show has ever been. A gritty, serious and dramatic take on a zombie apocalypse. I know people hated season 2 for being slow and staying on the farm but the writing was solid, the dialogue was good and it built to a perfect conclusion. No season arc since has been handled as well as the overarching search for Sofia with the battle for power/morality between Shane and Rick rising up in the middle of it all. 

But hey lets fire the guy that made Shawshank. 

S2 was magnificent 

People hating it is pre wisely why we ended up in this. That's why people need to be careful what they decide to rail against in this age. Kinda like people who hate ****ty roads then rage out of control when roads are under construction.

They said they wanted heads exploding, and they got heads exploding. 

I didn't mind season 2. I enjoyed the second half more then the first half. The Shane/Rick stuff was straight out of the original content, where as the Sophia stuff was made up (She is still alive in the comics) and led the the boredom I felt for the first half. Also, I believe there was a possibility of a writers strike before or during season 2, along with the fact the Walking Dead budget was cut (also showed during the first half). The budget cut was one of Darabonts gripes which resulted in him being released. Finally, Carl got Dale killed.

I didn't mind episode 2, though the Walking Dead doesn't have the OMG it's Sunday, I can't wait feel anymore. Jody from Shameless getting taken down by the kid, and then getting kicked out by Rick was interesting. The series has a feel of a reboot going on.

I like that the new season is focusing on trying to rebuild after the zombie apocalypse pretty much reset society into it's lowest form and impulses. It is a challenge for all the former warring factions to just put the past behind them and all work as a single group for the greater good, especially with limited resources to go around.

I just hope they don't pull one of those things where they wait for the entire season to introduce the next big villain(s) to show up.  Since they have been so open about who is coming, you'd think they will be showing up sooner than later hopefully. 

15 hours ago, Chachie said:

I may have quit on this show in the middle of sunday night's episode. No particular scene and no particular reason that I can offer. Maybe the whole concept has just run it's course with me. (?)

Yeah I think so.  The zombies are so feeble now, basically just an afterthought, and writers clearly have no direction because they departed from the comics by killing the main character of the comics (Carl).  I feel Carl's death was pretty much the unofficial end of the series, writers are telling us they're out of storylines, only stay tuned to watch Rick jump the shark. 

If they had kept Carl alive and killed RIck off -- watching Carl try to fill Rick's shoes might have been interesting enough to keep me watching.  But they dont have the nuts to kill off their most popular character even if they are dumb enough to kill off the main character.   

4 hours ago, Koala said:

If they had kept Carl alive and killed RIck off -- watching Carl try to fill Rick's shoes might have been interesting enough to keep me watching.  But they dont have the nuts to kill off their most popular character even if they are dumb enough to kill off the main character.   

One of the problems that I think limited the direction of the show is that Chandler Riggs is not a great actor and has been written pretty poorly in a lot of seasons so he was not popular or likable. That is a 180 from his character in the comics. Killing Rick and proceeding with Carl was a death sentence for this show because neither the actor nor character were strong enough to step into that. 

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:16 AM, Yohan said:

I didn't mind episode 2, though the Walking Dead doesn't have the OMG it's Sunday, I can't wait feel anymore.

Same.  That feeling went away around S5 for me.  TWD used to be must watch TV for us, now sometimes we wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to watch it LOL. 

Nice catch, totally forgot that dude was in Shameless.  He was funny as hech, giving Joan all she could handle. 

58 minutes ago, Chew said:

Same.  That feeling went away around S5 for me.  TWD used to be must watch TV for us, now sometimes we wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to watch it LOL

We didn't even start the show until season 3 I think.  I ignored it because zombie shows never really did it for me.  After a while of hearing everyone talk about it, we started it on Netflix and binged watched it for a while.  Because we were able to get it all in a more compact time frame, I think we held onto the excitement longer than most.  Last season was where we started not being too excited.  This season, I just watched the first episode the other day.  I don't think my wife has even started it.  Now we are just in it to see how it ends.  And I hope that happens soon.

8 hours ago, Koala said:

I was not a reader of the comics but I can absolutely agree with you about Carl taking over being a very interesting step forward.

I accepted a long time ago (during the season with Terminus) that the show was not as good as it was in the beginning or that it could be.  But, I still like it, even now, but it definitely isn't "must watch TV" anymore, even though the wife and I still watch it Sunday nights.  Usually we start watching 30 mins into it to get a commercial buffer (DVR'd) and usually I fall asleep halfway through and watch the rest of it on Monday during lunch break or after work. 

I still think there is hope they can turn it around and make it a little better than it has been, but I take that with a grain of salt.  I think one of the biggest problems we are facing now is we know Rick and Maggie are leaving the show for good (one would think), Carl was killed off and with the current cast and Daryl being confirmed as the new lead, it leaves us there with little hope it can get better.

What they should do, imo, is only use Daryl as a stop gap lead role the rest of this season, while introducing new characters, multiple ones, that are capable of being a solid lead on the show and shift the majority of the regulars into reduced roles like they kinda did with Maggie a couple of seasons ago when they put her in Hilltop. 

Maybe introduce some new "good guys" that have their own community set-up and they cross paths with Hilltop/Alexandria/Kingdom and maybe something happens that causes the end of say two of those, maybe Hilltop and the Kingdom.  Forcing everyone to make a choice on where to live, new place or Alexandria.  Have them work together, but stash people like Father Gabrial, Tara, Rosita and some others in Alexandria and Michone, Daryl, Carol, Ezekial at the new place.  

29 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I still think there is hope they can turn it around and make it a little better than it has been, but I take that with a grain of salt.  I think one of the biggest problems we are facing now is we know Rick and Maggie are leaving the show for good (one would think), Carl was killed off and with the current cast and Daryl being confirmed as the new lead, it leaves us there with little hope it can get better.

I think Rick will be gone for good, but the door will be open for Maggie's return. Jesus and Maggie discussed her leaving this past week, while talking about Georgia (the lady they traded the records to last season) and the Twins. If Lauren Cohan's new show doesn't work out, she could be back.

More Rosita would be nice.

8 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We didn't even start the show until season 3 I think.  I ignored it because zombie shows never really did it for me.  After a while of hearing everyone talk about it, we started it on Netflix and binged watched it for a while.  Because we were able to get it all in a more compact time frame, I think we held onto the excitement longer than most.  Last season was where we started not being too excited.  This season, I just watched the first episode the other day.  I don't think my wife has even started it.  Now we are just in it to see how it ends.  And I hope that happens soon.

Did you go back and watch seasons 2-2?

Archived