Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Hilltop is now without a leader, so I expect Maggie to be back soon, perhaps leading an army of Terminators.

Nah Enid’s man will fill in that role. 

Although, there is a rumor: 

Spoiler

In the finale, Eugene will get the radio working and the last scene will be a call from either Rick or Maggie. That could be what prompts Michonne’s character to leave the show next season in search of Rick. Maggie could setup a return next season. 

22 hours ago, Yohan said:

In this case, I for one am glad.  Long live Rosita!!!

Agree. Without Rosita or Enid...this show would be a sausage party especially with michonne leaving and Maggie gone.  We’ve already lost Sasha too. 

now that they're back to the idea of immigrants being a good thing and there's 's space with the removal of dead weight, i want the next band of survivors they absorb to be a group of juggalos who haven't changed a thing and have been doing fine and haven't noticed anything different

I'd love it if the next group they absorb is like, the A-Team.  You know, highly trained military people, the kind of people who should have survived the outbreak.  And they are like, "hey, what's up?  If we can live here and eat your food and stuff, we'll go ****ing kill everyone that gives you any issues and also blow up that huge hoard of zombies with this howitzer we stole from our base and also BA here pities you and now administratively owns Hilltop do you have a problem with that?"

3 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I'd love it if the next group they absorb is like, the A-Team.  You know, highly trained military people, the kind of people who should have survived the outbreak.  And they are like, "hey, what's up?  If we can live here and eat your food and stuff, we'll go ****ing kill everyone that gives you any issues and also blow up that huge hoard of zombies with this howitzer we stole from our base and also BA here pities you and now administratively owns Hilltop do you have a problem with that?"

yeah, i've occasionally played with that thought over the years...would have been cool during the negan story, but they end up making rick's fighters/allies pretty much like a delta team in terms of end results, anyway...rick-led/inspired outfits tend towards high casualty rates but those left are the last people standing after each problem so far

now as amc expands wd, as long expected,  into a true zombieverse as much as they can , i'm hoping to see stories centered in other international locations/cultures/peoples, and some covering of survivors at dozens of remote research facilities or the numerous large military or government or private operations of various purposes that are isolated and have significant resources available to quarantine themselves off and maintain operations for many years in an emergency  (i can't take the 1st season's cdc episode as the inevitable and quick fate of every such place, especially those in remote locations)....same with some entire villages/towns in different isolated geographical locations with limited access but have all modern communications...many across the globe, i would think...what are those stories like...inquiring minds want to know...

I was also one of those people who had the DVR cut off after one hour.  There was this ominous tone throughout... waiting for something big to happen... then nothing.  

So, I go online to see reactions and I see people saying OMG!  One of the best episodes ever... I can't believe that scene... I don't think I am going to be able to sleep tonight!

So, my brilliant mind deduced that I did not see the whole episode.  I pulled up the on demand version of the episode (which direct tv does not let you fastforward) and wait an hour to find out what happens in the final 25 min.  I thought it was excellent.

I really want to see a scene where Carol cuts her hair short next week.  I'm looking forward to seeing her transform back into her badass mode.

Fun fact that just blew my mind... But seems to be true from what I read on IMDB.  The actress that played Sophia (Carol's daughter that dies in season 2) is the real life older sister of the actor that plays Henry... Carol and Ezekiel's adopted son.

17 hours ago, Jumbo said:

now that they're back to the idea of immigrants being a good thing and there's 's space with the removal of dead weight, i want the next band of survivors they absorb to be a group of juggalos who haven't changed a thing and have been doing fine and haven't noticed anything different

You need to watch Z Nation then.  They had an episode where they encounter a group of Juggalos!!

3 hours ago, HOF44 said:

You need to watch Z Nation then.  They had an episode where they encounter a group of Juggalos!!

i did watch the first seaosn and half the second and then dropped out...i have to pass on a lot of shows just cuz there's so many and i like outside too much still

and i'm one of those, as you likely know, who doesn't take screens with me...i don't even do bluetooth or take phone calls when driving :)

btw, i bet my never having owned a smartphone or being on mybook or facespace or twitter seems as smart as it was to more of you these days :P

crazy kids

1 hour ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

The Highwaymen.

Hide contents

I thought they were an interesting group.  Esp their leader.  Would have liked to see him involved more...  I did think it was a good episode overall! 

Maybe they can have him head up some patrols and hang around for awhile longer. :pint:

it actually feels like TWD is taking a page out of Z Nation's early seasons and introducing interesting characters for tiny handfuls of episodes before killing them off.  Z Nation when it started mostly started and resolved conflicts in each episode anthology style.  It was really the anti-TWD.  It knew that it couldn't compete with TWD so it tried to be the "dumb fun" anti-TWD.   For me the series lost steam when they changed to having the longer drawn out continuing story arcs.

7 hours ago, Springfield said:

So as someone who has decided to stop wasting their time on this garbage since Rick went missing, should I get back into it?

How long has it even been?

Youre only like 8 episodes behind and I think they are probably some of the best episodes since season 4/5. It’s gotten pretty good much better than I expected. 

There is a 6 year time skip after Rick. 

Daryl is basically the main character now and is the best he’s been since season 3. He actually has a point now. 

Much improved overall with a great villain introduction and some really good moments, which have probably been spoiled if you’ve read this thread lol

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Youre only like 8 episodes behind and I think they are probably some of the best episodes since season 4/5. It’s gotten pretty good much better than I expected. 

There is a 6 year time skip after Rick. 

Daryl is basically the main character now and is the best he’s been since season 3. He actually has a point now. 

Much improved overall with a great villain introduction and some really good moments, which have probably been spoiled if you’ve read this thread lol

Im so far removed that I can’t understand it to be honest.  Maybe I’ll give it another shot.  I’ve got them saved up on DVR

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Im so far removed that I can’t understand it to be honest.  Maybe I’ll give it another shot.  I’ve got them saved up on DVR

It’s not that complex a show lol. You could catch up in 7 hours. That’s like, one (1) epically lazy day. 

and here's another needed zombieworld plotline that's always nagged me, though ships survivors have obviously been touched upon to a small extent (the first season on fwd and the flotilla in world war z)...

but in every major high-traffic section of ocean/sea there would be numerous ships of all types/sizes that also would be able to self-sustain for a while without needing to hit port and in radio range of some number of other ships in their area...one would think that after a few days of news once **** was hitting the fan, that the craft out there would react in predictable ways and seek contact and share info/ideas, and that there should be quite a number of such groups of diff sizes forming up, perhaps even in substantial numbers (think of all the kinds of ship that go out on long trips carrying all kinds of useable goods) and eventually heading for some point on land, maybe exploring the coasts of whatever continent to see what's left, maybe making some island a new homeland etc.

now that i type it out i think i can  see it as a movie with kevin costner and dennis hopper

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally wrote off this show after they killed off Savior #1 (who I really loved as Charles Vane in Black Sails), and thought they could've used him. He's a good actor.

Then I saw a few weeks later a promo where what I thought was a Walker, was wielding a shotty, and I lost it.

Decided to give it a barely gaf binge, and was surprised. Ideas refreshing. Didn't like how the Highwaymen thing went, and got a "Shoulda stayed your gump ass in the house cell" vibe from Henry, and was glad he died as a result of his non-staying in the house cell-ness.

That ep with Negan free and going back to Alexandria was powerful. Gave me renewed hope for the show, because Scott M. Gumple basically squashed it out of me.

I'm back on board 👍.

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2019 at 7:43 PM, Jumbo said:

and here's another needed zombieworld plotline that's always nagged me, though ships survivors have obviously been touched upon to a small extent (the first season on fwd and the flotilla in world war z)...

but in every major high-traffic section of ocean/sea there would be numerous ships of all types/sizes that also would be able to self-sustain for a while without needing to hit port and in radio range of some number of other ships in their area...one would think 

There's a section in WWZ that follows survivors on a large ship.

They do a good job of describing how that all goes to ****.

The ports became a giant cluster-**** with tons of people mobbing trying to get on a boat. Eventually created a situation where all the busy ports were just giant bays of floating zombies which made docking impossible.

Archived