Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Does anyone actually like this show at this point? It seems like everyone started hate-watching it three years ago and that will continue until everyone has just given up.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Well, TWD is supposed to be Carl’s story, which is how the comics are playing out. 

But the show ruined that from jump Street by making Carl an annoying whiny kid hat wouldn’t listen and then turning him into an annoying little **** as he got older. This was only made worse by the fact that Chandler Riggs kinda sucked too. Not screen presence, no charisma, no emotion, just nothing. 

I rejoiced whenever Carl’s bite was revealed last season. I’ve wanted him dead for years. I think the show took something they completely ****ed up from the beginning , Carl and his sntire series arc, and basically said “screw it, we can’t salvage it at this point so let’s do something else.”

The problem, as always, is that they way they chose to salvage it was completely stupid and poorly written. 

I haven't watched the show in years, and I barely watched it then. What is the timeline supposed to be? Is Carl still a kid? Because that actor who plays him is older than I am.

I still enjoy it more than most, although I will admit my issues with the show have increased over the last season and a half.  My biggest problem is it just feels like there is too much stalling, too many side episodes, too much of each episode's running time feels wasted. 

32 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Does anyone actually like this show at this point? It seems like everyone started hate-watching it three years ago and that will continue until everyone has just given up.

I haven't watched the show in years, and I barely watched it then. What is the timeline supposed to be? Is Carl still a kid? Because that actor who plays him is older than I am.

I’m not sure how many true fans it has anymore. I’m sure a lot just show up for their gore/zombie fix and don’t care about the writing or other aspects that drag the show down into laughable territory. 

As as far as the timeline, it’s supposed to be like 3.5 years max. Aside from recasting Carl to keep him young, I’m not sure there is any way to avoid it if you won’t allow the writing to give the story aging that matches the characters.

It’s the same problem GOT has with Bran but at least it makes a little more sense there since traveling takes up so much time in that world and the show actually feels like time passes. 

I watched it because there was nothing else on. I thought this one was good. Biological warfare is something that could perk me back up. No one has tried that yet

I watched it because there was nothing else on. I thought this one was good. Biological warfare is something that could perk me back up. No one has tried that yet.

Pretty sure that was in the comics, because I got painfully curious one time,  years ago, and saw something about that on some comic fan forum.

So they are going to get close to the people and just cut them with their walker gut covered knives and weapons? 

8 seasons in and now they are going to act like cuts and infections are going to be a problem? 

That’s one of the issues with this show is that it doesn’t repesct the its own rules and world it’s established. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

So they are going to get close to the people and just cut them with their walker gut covered knives and weapons? 

8 seasons in and now they are going to act like cuts and infections are going to be a problem? 

That’s one of the issues with this show is that it doesn’t repesct the its own rules and world it’s established. 

As far as I know (and have missed like 2 ep's total... Last week and an ep in S4), they covered guts either on their clothes or on unbroken skin, and in S4, everyone infected at the prison died and caused a massascre, so there's really no inconsistency there. Trying to think back as far as I can, and I can't really recall a tactic like this in the show, other than The Governors suicide walkers in S3.

I'm optimistic.

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

As far as I know (and have missed like 2 ep's total... Last week and an ep in S4), they covered guts either on their clothes or on unbroken skin, and in S4, everyone infected at the prison died and caused a massascre, so there's really no inconsistency there. Trying to think back as far as I can, and I can't really recall a tactic like this in the show, other than The Governors suicide walkers in S3.

I'm optimistic.

The people at the prison got sick from the virus in the pigs that Rick was raising, right? That's how I always understood it and why Rick had to slaughter the pigs. (my wife still hasn't forgiven him for this...)

Also, just in general, how many times has a walker been on top of someone and gotten shot or stabbed or any other gruesome mess and their blood and juices went flying all over the person? The most obvious example that comes to mind is the season 5 finale when Rick kills the walker that gets inside Alexandria and it sprays all over his face. This is right before the meeting where they decide if Rick should stay.

I couldn't find the clip but here is the end result. Perhaps those are some ridiculously potent bandaids...

walking-dead.png 

The list of times people with cuts/open wounds, etc. had zombie guts/blood come into contact with said cut/wound is a lot.  Andrea had it sprayed in her eyes, Rick in his mouth, Sasha cut Abraham with a blade covered in it, same with Shane cutting his hand with a dirty knife, etc.  We know that the virus is supposed to already be inside everyone, so no matter how they die, they eventually come back as a walker.

The virus in the pigs was a flu like virus that the infected pigs spread to the people while in prison.  It just caused them to die of the "flu" which triggered the zombie virus already inside them once they were dying and eventually dead and turned.  Now Eugene had the idea to catapult walker parts, guts, etc. at them and said it was a psy-ops mission to scare them.

He never said it would infect them or kill them.  Then to Gabriel, he got sick after him and Negan covered themselves in walker blood and guts, but there is a theory out there that Gabriel didn't get infected by the blood/guts and that it was radiation poisoning because those walkers were in the toxic chemical spill.  But, Negan seeing Gabriel get sick draws the conclusion that people can become infected and turn if the blood is used on weapons.

Hopefully, that is the case and his plan fails because if not, that creates one huge plot hole that cannot be forgiven.  It's not some small detail that happened one time way back in season 1 and never again where it should be overlooked.  

The only other logical explanation (if Negan's plan did work) would be that the virus over the years has mutated and become more aggressive to where it can now infect and become deadly from exposure to open wounds, cuts, etc. (blood to blood transfer).  But I would not like it to go down like that, I really am hoping Negan's plan doesn't work.

I’m going to assume that Negan just thinks it will cause an infection which will then turn many in the camp sick/die and become walkers. 

Which im sure will give Sadiq the new doctor something to do and also link into the antibiotics that helped Gabriel. Sounds like another riveting plot coming up. 

Also, if I’m Gabriel and I go blind, I’m shooting myself. **** that mess. I might commit suicide going blind in our time much less in a zombie apocalypse. It was a good run. Goodbye world. 

—-saw this online—-

did anyone else hear “use the force Luke” when Gabriel closes his eyes and shot the walker? Somebody should dub that lol

13 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The list of times people with cuts/open wounds, etc. had zombie guts/blood come into contact with said cut/wound is a lot. 

Don’t forget Coral was covered in walker guts when he was shot in the eye. And then carried and helped by other people also covered in walker guts 

33 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

The list of times people with cuts/open wounds, etc. had zombie guts/blood come into contact with said cut/wound is a lot.  Andrea had it sprayed in her eyes, Rick in his mouth, Sasha cut Abraham with a blade covered in it, same with Shane cutting his hand with a dirty knife, etc.  We know that the virus is supposed to already be inside everyone, so no matter how they die, they eventually come back as a walker.

The virus in the pigs was a flu like virus that the infected pigs spread to the people while in prison.  It just caused them to die of the "flu" which triggered the zombie virus already inside them once they were dying and eventually dead and turned.  Now Eugene had the idea to catapult walker parts, guts, etc. at them and said it was a psy-ops mission to scare them.

He never said it would infect them or kill them.  Then to Gabriel, he got sick after him and Negan covered themselves in walker blood and guts, but there is a theory out there that Gabriel didn't get infected by the blood/guts and that it was radiation poisoning because those walkers were in the toxic chemical spill.  But, Negan seeing Gabriel get sick draws the conclusion that people can become infected and turn if the blood is used on weapons.

Hopefully, that is the case and his plan fails because if not, that creates one huge plot hole that cannot be forgiven.  It's not some small detail that happened one time way back in season 1 and never again where it should be overlooked.  

The only other logical explanation (if Negan's plan did work) would be that the virus over the years has mutated and become more aggressive to where it can now infect and become deadly from exposure to open wounds, cuts, etc. (blood to blood transfer).  But I would not like it to go down like that, I really am hoping Negan's plan doesn't work.

Thanks, bud. I feel less retarded now 

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Thanks, bud. I feel less retarded now 

Don't feel bad, I was ticked when it happened last night, was like WTF?  It would have been such a huge plot hole if that happens, that I sat here thinking, they have to know that too, there is no way they couldn't know that right?  So, I was thinking that it just wouldn't work, Negan just thinks it will work.  Then that bothered me, cause why would he think that?  He's killed enough, wounded enough, etc. that it would be impossible for him to not have had or seen infected zombie blood enter open wounds.  

Then I came across the theory about Gabriel not being infected by the blood/guts and instead from radiation the walkers were exposed to.  I'm so hoping that is the case.  With what has transpired, it really is the only logical reason.  

If a scientifically valid or logical plot is something you cared about, that ship sailed long ago.

The plot was inconsistent with itself the moment we found out that everyone already has the virus, yet being bit by a walker somehow kills you more quickly, yet being exposed to their blood does not.  None of that makes any sense.  Literally, there is no reasonable explanation that can tie all those pieces together, and we've known those things for several seasons now.

I get that there would be yet another layer of inconsistency if walker blood didn't matter before but now it does, but at this point what difference does it make?

That's not even touching the fact that there's no way at all for these walkers to actually be moving around at this point.

There's a reason zombies have been a cult movie and comic book staple for a while but have never had a blockbuster prime time show like this.  As a genre it lends itself to cheesiness because cheesiness lets you get away with a lot, like zombies that just don't work, and obvious plot holes that have to be glossed over or ret-conned.  Cheesiness plays just fine in comics and one-off movies.  Not so much in a seven-plus season prime time show.  The Walking Dead was able to masquerade as a gritty, compelling drama for a few seasons, but they were only going to be able to keep that up for so long.

1 hour ago, dfitzo53 said:

If a scientifically valid or logical plot is something you cared about, that ship sailed long ago.

The plot was inconsistent with itself the moment we found out that everyone already has the virus, yet being bit by a walker somehow kills you more quickly, yet being exposed to their blood does not.  None of that makes any sense.  Literally, there is no reasonable explanation that can tie all those pieces together, and we've known those things for several seasons now.

I get that there would be yet another layer of inconsistency if walker blood didn't matter before but now it does, but at this point what difference does it make?

That's not even touching the fact that there's no way at all for these walkers to actually be moving around at this point.

There's a reason zombies have been a cult movie and comic book staple for a while but have never had a blockbuster prime time show like this.  As a genre it lends itself to cheesiness because cheesiness lets you get away with a lot, like zombies that just don't work, and obvious plot holes that have to be glossed over or ret-conned.  Cheesiness plays just fine in comics and one-off movies.  Not so much in a seven-plus season prime time show.  The Walking Dead was able to masquerade as a gritty, compelling drama for a few seasons, but they were only going to be able to keep that up for so long.

I get what you are saying but The point is that if you create a world in which you establish rules, your plot needs to stay true to those rules to keep its credibility. I don’t care if zombies should be able to walk, or why gas works etc. the world told me it did so I followed it. im fine with that.

Game of thrones isn’t realistic but it follows the rules that it established (except for season 7 traveling time being screwed with which was again, a massive problem people had) 

the walking dead has established for 8 seasons that walker blood and cuts mean nothing. A bite causes infection which kills you and and then you turn. So those are the rules that we play by and accept. I’m still good with that. 

Now we get hit RKO style with this suddenly “biological warefare germs will turn them” idea and if it works it’s a massive hit to the shows credibility. This is the same exact thing that happened with the Glenn dumpster takeout. They spent 6 seasons telling us that walkers rip open chests and instantly dive face first into any living flesh they can find and suddenly just decide to let Glenn lay there and patiently only eat the person covering 70% of his body while he can move and slide under a dumpster without a single walker in a massive pile taking him out. 

The show constantly does this and loses its credibility because it changes its own rules on the fly. If I can’t trust the show to stay within the confines of the world it creates, I have no reason to care or feel any attachment to the story because the stakes and outcomes can change At any moment. It’s why ratings have dropped more than 10 million viewers per episode. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived