Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

I think he just broke.  Daryl gave him too much credit when he said that he did it for someone else.  That's an easy lie to hide behind.  He failed to keep his sister-in-law alive and then he broke.  Rather than keep fighting he chose to die.  The only thing that remained to do was make sure his wife didn't die, and so that's what he set out to place her with the strongest group he knew of, and pay for her acceptance with his life.  There was no reason for him to believe his begging would result in anything but his death.  I don't think he expected his wife to save him as she did, but he was already broken and had no will left to muster against this latest humiliation.   

What was gonna stop Negan from taking his wife as his own, or stopping one of the Negan Jrs from raping her, after he'd been killed with Lucille? Giving them all a shot would've been best by going with Daryl, who they already knew was capable of protecting himself at least. I would've chosen an unknown community over a known community of the worst scum on the Earth. 

23 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

What was gonna stop Negan from taking his wife as his own, or stopping one of the Negan Jrs from raping her, . 

When Negan told Dwight, he could have a blast from the past, or any pick of the women there... as long as they have sex with him willingly, gave me the impression, that sort of thing is not allowed.

By the way, what's up with the plethora of commercials this week.

31 minutes ago, twa said:

He quit believing a shot existed....common problem

I agree. Seems that one of Negans selling points, that "There's nowhere else to go..." Or he convinces them over time

I think a more interesting topic that was brought up by the poor sob on the road was that Negan apparently "Just showed up" at that compound, and took it over. Guess that speaks to his power of manipulation and deception. How else could you get that many people to follow you.

12 minutes ago, Yohan said:

When Negan told Dwight, he could have a blast from the past, or any pick of the women there... as long as they have sex with him willingly, gave me the impression, that sort of thing is not allowed.

By the way, what's up with the plethora of commercials this week.

I did notice that. It was really annoying. I seriously hope this isn't some new trend, but FTWD already shows that they're getting a little too greedy.

I don't care how good something is, I won't sit through commercial interruption every 4-5 seconds

17 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't care how good something is, I won't sit through commercial interruption every 4-5 seconds

I DVR it, and start watching at 9:20.  I finish the episode at 10:05. Last night, there were at least 5 additional minutes of commercials. I was finished at 10:00 on the nose. 

According to IMDB, last nights episode was 42 min.  S7E1 and S7E2 were both 46 min.

So allow me to ask a question.  I am a big fan of the show and the comic.  I like how each is different in it's own way.  So for Negan himself, one thing I always questioned was how they would translate him to the show, and so far it has been a delight.  The main thing I still question though is why wouldn't Rick's group/Alexandria at large, not just mow the guy down on one of his trips to collect "his stuff?"  You could make the argument that they are worried about retaliation, but assuming he shows up with 20 armed guys, once those gates get closed behind them, they would still relatively be sitting ducks, even if you take on a few causalities in the process, it would seem relatively easy to surround them and take them out.   Also, if word got back to the saviors that Negan had been killed, from the sounds of things just as many of them would be relieved as angry.   Negan always struck me as a "comic book villain" in the over the top nature, where as in a more real life setting, you'd figure someone would either be angry enough, or motivated enough just to kill him, regardless of what came next. 

This is just for conversation's sake, not a criticism.

Well as of this moment in time, we know more about that than the characters do. Rick and company don't know that morale is low in Negan's ranks. 

For that matter, aside from Dwight, whose repressed beef with Negan is super-personal and flaunted in his face every day, we don't know for sure that Negan's lieutenants are all unhappy. 

The worker bees obviously are, but Rick's group really doesn't have a window to that situation until Daryl returns, if he does. 

2 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

I DVR it, and start watching at 9:20.  I finish the episode at 10:05. Last night, there were at least 5 additional minutes of commercials. I was finished at 10:00 on the nose. 

According to IMDB, last nights episode was 42 min.  S7E1 and S7E2 were both 46 min.

Yeah if it continues im just gonna have to do the same

35 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Does anyone know What the heck negans prisoners were doing with the chained up zombies? They kept showing dwight watching them but for the life of me I couldnt make out what they were trying to accomplish

They make their prisoners or people they are trying to break and initiate like Daryl put new walkers on the wall for protection. 

As I geniusly stated back during the prison and Alexandria safe havens, surrounding the place with walkers is the best protection they could ask for. Negan's group is smart too. 

So the guys they catch that they don't care if they live or die are sent out to put new walkers on poles or pin them to the fence. It looks like they put a bucket over the walkers head so they can lead it or push it where they want to go. 

The guy Dwight shot was brought back as a walker to be on the wall as well. Seems like they use anyone that goes against them or breaks rank and dies for the protection though I'm sure they round up others along the way too

38 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

My guess is they are people who went against the group that they keep around as a reminder to everyone else.  that's why they show the guy that Dwight killed in there at the end.

They also showed the guy who got stomped out in the market. He was the first walker they placed in there before the opening credits rolled. 

This last episode was super interesting to me. My wife is a counselor and we were talking earlier about the dynamics of an abusive environment and some of the characteristics generally present on both sides of the relationship. And then we get this episode, with especially this scene

https://youtu.be/hpAXLLi74Io

You see how the "jailed become the jailers" with the abused actively participating in the creation of false narratives like "they can't survive without negan" and "eventually every community will be his". A sense of dependency, deeply internalized, that keeps the abused from generating the motivation to leave, while also chipping away at their ability to make choices for themselves. Accepting dependency and a modicum of security for a limited life with just enough struggle of upward mobility to momentarily distract themselves from how ****ty their life now is... plus the others around them provide the necessary fodder for the venting of frustrations and projecting of inner turmoil.

Speaking of projection, it's interesting to me how Negan projects an identity onto his bat and then attributes this thirst and urge for violence and punishment to it. Kind of gives this surface level out for him to still be charming while running some twisted "good cop bad cop" routine with Lucille. 

Anyways, sadly enough, those same abuse dynamics are present in this country's political discourse. 

Archived