Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

TWD is forgetting the zombie threat too much.  The zombies are still a threat as herds and as the result of unforeseen deaths, and both should remain a factor.  With the amount of noise these towns make they should have one of them inadvertently get the attention of a herd and get overrun.  The living should also be reminded that they are all zombies waiting to be born.  Let's remember that in TWD world, your room mate dying of a heart attack in his sleep means you'll wake up with him gnawing on your leg.  Good luck sleeping deeply with that concern sitting smugly in the back of your mind. 

The Michonne sniper rifle scene was curious

But remember, a massive herd was the plot for most of last season, until the Saviours started crossing paths with Ricks crew. And a lot of deaths were attributed to walkers too

I think we may see a bit of Resident Evil B.O.W. warfare between the group's, sort of like a large scale version of what the Governor was doing.

Aren't the Wolves completely eradicated? There was only a handful of them yet with the Walkers, they were a force. that, along with Eugenes magic bullets, May win the day.

They just need to bring that herd back that they maneuvered out of the area.

Also The deeper we get into the world the more it seems people are killed like the Walkers with blows to the head, or destroyed basically, likely to safeguard against turning and wreaking havoc

11 hours ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

I'm sure that is still in play.  Will probably see what effect it has this season...

Also, if Aaron has been doing scouting trips all this time, even before Rick came to Alexandria, how in the Hell did he NEVER come across Negan and co.?

Especially when you consider it's been a couple years at this point.

I listen to a podcast by a guy who has experience with stand-up, story writing, TV show writing and game design.  One of his points one time was that as an author you get one "gimme" in terms of the setup of your world.  Like if you're setting a story in a zombie apocalypse, you don't really have to explain how it happened or how the zombies are able to function.  Your audience implicitly accepts that.

Once you start piling on more and more questionable plot devices, they start to wear on your audience's suspension of disbelief.  In terms of the current discussion, we've all accepted that zombies exist and can move themselves about.  Believing that these groups exist in such close proximity without having come across each other, or that vehicles still function two plus years later, or that humans are still able to go into battle with each other and zombies without any signs of PTSD, or that there are actually reasonable amounts of medication still around...we're trending in that direction.

I mean honestly, sometimes my pharmacy is out of stock on stuff, and that's without an apocalypse.

Well just watched the latest.  I see Rick has continued to be the leader he's always been (a bad one). Alexandria had more than enough firepower to force an accommodation with the Saviors especially if they had ambushed and wiped out that collection party (or even if they didn't). Would Negan want to cripple himself taking out Alexandia?  Just dumb (in other words par for course for Rick).  

13 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I thought that was sickeningly hilarious lol

Also when Gabriel popped out of nowhere behind Negan like Turturro in Mr Deeds :rofl89:

Gabriel: I fear you are underestimating he sneakiness 

13 hours ago, Zazzaro703 said:

Negan is great and is acted really really well. My issue is even though the show so far this season has been good, it's running out of steam. I think this Negan arc should be the end of the show. They will try to drag it on and on for as long as they can because it makes them great money, but after Negan then what? An even worse Negan? The zombies aren't much of a threat they slaughtered an entire hoard of them. Ive read the graphic novels up until when the Negan arc ends so not sure where the graphic novels go after Negan, but I think the television show needs to end and it can end on a high note with the way the Negan arc is going. 

It would be very interesting if the show just surprisingly ended after a couple Negan seasons and an end to his arc. Talk about leaving your fans wanting more. 

Then they could bump that fix into FTWD or another spinoff type show. Just something I thought of since the show runners have never said or at least won't say how much longer than plan to continue 

4 hours ago, nonniey said:

Well just watched the latest.  I see Rick has continued to be the leader he's always been (a bad one). Alexandria had more than enough firepower to force an accommodation with the Saviors especially if they had ambushed and wiped out that collection party (or even if they didn't). Would Negan want to cripple himself taking out Alexandia?  Just dumb (in other words par for course for Rick).  

I get the fear angle but I'm not really sure what's stopping this either. Once Negan goes, the Saviors are either falling apart and bailing or those that are loyal are fighting for power and destroying themselves. 

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I get the fear angle but I'm not really sure what's stopping this either. Once Negan goes, the Saviors are either falling apart and bailing or those that are loyal are fighting for power and destroying themselves. 

This is where that "We are all Negan" comes in. With that kind of mentality, it seems they are all unified. But, it looks like cracks are showing--if **** Dwight ever gets his balls back, he could be the first to break ranks.

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Gabriel: I fear you are underestimating he sneakiness 

It would be very interesting if the show just surprisingly ended after a couple Negan seasons and an end to his arc. Talk about leaving your fans wanting more. 

Then they could bump that fix into FTWD or another spinoff type show. Just something I thought of since the show runners have never said or at least won't say how much longer than plan to continue 

This is my issue as well and I've mentioned it before. They're already at S7. They need to start thinking of an exit strategy, but everything from the arrival of Fear, to the noticeable increase in commercials ( its nearly Super Bowl level), and the unspecial 90 minute ep that featured even more commercials, it's pretty clear that they are foregoing a quality exit, and are just going to bleed this dry. They should be able to get two full seasons of Negan out of this. Maybe 3, depending on how they play it. Beyond that, I really don't know

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

This is my issue as well and I've mentioned it before. They're already at S7. They need to start thinking of an exit strategy, but everything from the arrival of Fear, to the noticeable increase in commercials ( its nearly Super Bowl level), and the unspecial 90 minute ep that featured even more commercials, it's pretty clear that they are foregoing a quality exit, and are just going to bleed this dry. They should be able to get two full seasons of Negan out of this. Maybe 3, depending on how they play it. Beyond that, I really don't know

I think they should go 3 more seasons.  This one and next one focusing on Negan and overcoming his reign.  I would like it to bleed into the beginning of a third season (third being final) just maybe 5 episodes.  Then I would like to see them leave and head further north or west, or where ever really and hopefully come across some newly established government (think The Postman) where they are actually rebuilding society again, power and electricity, etc.  Then the last couple of episodes flash forward say 20 years to see where they are now.

Won't happen, but I think it would be pretty cool.

I just read an interesting fan theory about last weeks episode.  I don't consider it a spoiler by any means, but will put in in spoiler tags because I don't want it to be right and ruin anyone's fun.  I found it interesting to say the least.  The attention to detail that some fans have is amazing.  Don't look if you don't want something possibly ruined.  Again, it's a fan theory, but it makes a lot of sense, so it could come true.

Spoiler

The theory is that Daryl was communicating to Rick without speaking by using Morse Code.  They show a clip where Daryl and Rick are there and he is seen blinking a lot.  While it appears to be nothing but blinking, there was another scene in the episode that shows a Morse Code chart on the wall inside the house that Rick, Carl and Michonne live in.  They broke down what he might be telling Rick and it's something to do with "east" which he might be giving them directions to the Sanctuary.  Here is a link for those interested:  http://www.zimbio.com/Beyond+the+Tube/articles/wP_b4u2Xlil/Walking+Dead+Fan+Theory+Might+Far+Fetched?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=page&utm_campaign=owned

3 hours ago, daveakl said:

So......nothing from this past week?

It was probably about as boring of an episode as they have made.  Filler episode to set up future events.  I will say that while it's nice having sub stories, I've grown kind of tired of the way they split the group up and we get stuck rotating each episode to find out what is happening with each and don't see any of the others.  Same thing that they did on the way to Terminus and it got old really quick.

I don't mind it a little, but I don't want the entire season like that until the end.

On 11/18/2016 at 0:10 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I just read an interesting fan theory about last weeks episode.  I don't consider it a spoiler by any means, but will put in in spoiler tags because I don't want it to be right and ruin anyone's fun.  I found it interesting to say the least.  The attention to detail that some fans have is amazing.  Don't look if you don't want something possibly ruined.  Again, it's a fan theory, but it makes a lot of sense, so it could come true.

Reveal hidden contents

The theory is that Daryl was communicating to Rick without speaking by using Morse Code.  They show a clip where Daryl and Rick are there and he is seen blinking a lot.  While it appears to be nothing but blinking, there was another scene in the episode that shows a Morse Code chart on the wall inside the house that Rick, Carl and Michonne live in.  They broke down what he might be telling Rick and it's something to do with "east" which he might be giving them directions to the Sanctuary.  Here is a link for those interested:  http://www.zimbio.com/Beyond+the+Tube/articles/wP_b4u2Xlil/Walking+Dead+Fan+Theory+Might+Far+Fetched?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=page&utm_campaign=owned

Nah.

One thing to keep in mind that seven seasons on basic cable is not the same as seven seasons on premium cable, considering you mostly get a 42ish minute episode instead of 57-60mins.   I know it doesn't sound like a huge difference, but it adds up to a large discrepancy in content over the course of numerous seasons.

Gregory won't survive this season, that's for sure. Eventually Maggie will be seen there and it will get back to Negan. And Gregory will be the first one to die as retaliation, not that I'm crying over that. 

Kinda interesting with them showing Tara for the next episode. I see she still hasn't lost the pregnancy weight. I wonder if they'll state Heath died off camera, or got separated from her, or just do his death scene since he's the main character in the new 24 series, as well as being in the new Kong movie. Dude is blowing up. 

If you didn't watch the latest episode don't read:

What was the mayor of Whoville's plan in trying to turn Maggie and Sasha over to the Saviors?  Seems like that would have unavoidably resulted in the Saviors learning that he'd conspired with the Alexandrians.  He hired Rick and dem boyz as hit men to kill the Saviors in exchange for food.  No chance he'd have survived that.  

Also who locked the windows and doors from the outside on Maggie and Sasha trailer?  Did Jesus tell them that nice empty trailer he hooked them up with, locked from the outside?

Carl and emo princess took off with a car and never came home.  In a world filled with zombies and dramatic bikers.  How panicked is Rick right now?

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

If you didn't watch the latest episode don't read:

What was the mayor of Whoville's plan in trying to turn Maggie and Sasha over to the Saviors?  Seems like that would have unavoidably resulted in the Saviors learning that he'd conspired with the Alexandrians.  He hired Rick and dem boyz as hit men to kill the Saviors in exchange for food.  No chance he'd have survived that.  

Also who locked the windows and doors from the outside on Maggie and Sasha trailer?  Did Jesus tell them that nice empty trailer he hooked them up with, locked from the outside?

Carl and emo princess took off with a car and never came home.  In a world filled with zombies and dramatic bikers.  How panicked is Rick right now?

I don't think he had a plan. GTA Negan asked him if there was anything else, and he panicked just like the coward Maggie said he was. He probably thought he would be given a reprieve for telling him, but he just would've had his head bashed in. Fake Jesus saved his life too. 

They never explained that about the windows. I don't think Fake Jesus even knew about it really. 

Rick is likely freaking out, and may go to the Hilltop to find answers. He doesn't know about the Kingdom yet, and really doesn't have anywhere else to search. 

Leader ranking within the Greater Washington Metropolitan Zombie Communities

#1  - Negan Gaithersburg Saviours  - Ruthless Asshole 

#2 King Elijah - Warrenton Kingdomers - Crazy Bastage

#3 Gregory -   Centerville Hilltoppers - Cowardly Weasel

#4 Rick - Alexandria Alexandrians - Stupid Ass

51 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Leader ranking within the Greater Washington Metropolitan Zombie Communities

#1  - Negan Gaithersburg Saviours  - Ruthless Asshole 

#2 King Elijah - Warrenton Kingdomers - Crazy Bastage

#3 Gregory -   Centerville Hilltoppers - Cowardly Weasel

#4 Rick - Alexandria Alexandians - Stupid Ass

Even I'd put Rick over Gregory and I've spent most of the series arguing that Rick is incompetent.  Gregory has been saved from certain death twice by blind luck. 

Archived