Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think the beautiful thing is that the walkers is that they are more a setup than the main attraction that's what drew me in, and initially kept me from watching.

I'm beginning to think that the best shows are like that (Lost for example, "How long can they do a show about bammas being stranded on an island?) offering so much more than meets the eye.

Same here, from the beginning I kept telling people that the walkers were just the environment.  The real story has always been about the characters and trying to rebuild society.  And once again, mankind proves to be the greatest threat to his fellow man.  AMC does a really good job with story telling.  I'm sad that TURN will be on its last season this year. 

Lost had so much potential.  It's a shame how badly they resolved all the plots.  You can tell they had no concept beforehand on how the story would eventually end.  I hope Kirkman has some idea because just to have everyone all of a sudden die out would be lame. 

ZNation is pretty cheesy.  It's still better than some of the other crap on tv. 

I do wonder how they plan to end TWD. There has to be an end at some point. In this modern golden age of tv, it's rare to see a show go on past 8-9 seasons

I do think Negan is the last  villain. Anyone after him would be a major step down. I think it ends one of two ways..... Rick wakes up from his coma back at the hospital, or there is a massive final battle where nearly everyone dies, and Carl/Judith are the survivors

Yeah, I don't know what else they could do after the battle with Negan.  Except maybe if the adults died out and the kids take over running the show.  Although one really cool idea would be a merging of the characters from Fear.  Maddie revealed a deep southern accent in her chat with Strand at the hotel.  She said she was from Alabama.  Not too far from Georgia.  The directors have not denied that she and Rick might be related.

I think killing Negen is too small an accomplishment and the Saviors are too large a group to just chop to bits.  Rick needs to take control of the Saviors.  Have Rick give the whole "you belong to me now" speech while laughing and swinging a baseball bat. 

At least this has the comic books to follow somewhat. Negan was introduced in issue #100, currently it's at issue 158.

As far as ending, I picture them all at a big table like at the end of the last episode, with Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" playing on the jukebox...

It ends after they defeat the Saviors with Carl being bit on the arm amid the chaos but he never actually turns so then they suspect he is immune and could in fact have the cure in his blood. They discover this ragtag bunch of new government types calling themselves something lets just say the ladybugs. The ladybugs tell them they have a huge shelter and functioning hospital in Colorado and Carl needs to go there so they can find the cure. 

Rick journeys across the country again with Michonne in tow, Michonne dies somewhere around Pittsburgh giving her life to save Rick and Carl. At some point Rick is impaled and near death. Carl must taken care of him. He eats a lot of pudding during this and nearly gets raped but Rick pulls himself together and saves Carl just in time.

They make it to the hospital in Colorado and Carl tells Rick that no matter what they have to find the cure. Carl is taken to be examined. Rick then discovers that they plan to kill Carl and experiment on his brain to help discover the cure and why he is immune. 

Despite knowing that Carl is ok with dying for the cure, Rick lashes out, unwilling to surrender his only son. He basically goes off murdering everyone in the entire hospital in a race against time to save Carl before he is killed. He saves him and escapes the hospital in a truck. 

Carl eventually wakes in the backseat and asks what happened and Rick lies and tells Carl that they actually had another boy with the cure and he wasn't needed. 

They then return to backwoods Tennessee where Daryl has a safehaven setup around a electric plant on a river dam.

The End.

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I tapped out after the first season. People sometimes complain about the acting on TWD, but Strain was just awful to the point of insult. That little brat kid was like ****stain Carl x10

Best part about that show was Filch's flashbacks

Yeah I was done after the first season too. Said it in the RTT, just couldn't take the crap acting and ridiculous choices characters made just to further the plot. 

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Books were worse.  I read them and refuse to watch the show because of how absurdly stupid the story gets as it progresses. 

Oh no, I bought the first book but haven't read it yet. 

57 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think it ends one of two ways..... Rick wakes up from his coma back at the hospital,

Like a wizard of oz type thing?  That would be hilarious and infuriating at the same time.  Maybe Daryl turns out to be the weird janitor and Morgan is his doctor.  Carol is the wife of the guy in the next bed whose husband dies.  Michonne is the nurse who comes around and washes his naughty parts.  His wife really was banging Shane so Rick dreamt killing him and she doesn't come around anymore.

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It ends after they defeat the Saviors with Carl being bit on the arm amid the chaos but he never actually turns so then they suspect he is immune and could in fact have the cure in his blood. They discover this ragtag bunch of new government types calling themselves something lets just say the ladybugs. The ladybugs tell them they have a huge shelter and functioning hospital in Colorado and Carl needs to go there so they can find the cure. 

Rick journeys across the country again with Michonne in tow, Michonne dies somewhere around Pittsburgh giving her life to save Rick and Carl. At some point Rick is impaled and near death. Carl must taken care of him. He eats a lot of pudding during this and nearly gets raped but Rick pulls himself together and saves Carl just in time.

They make it to the hospital in Colorado and Carl tells Rick that no matter what they have to find the cure. Carl is taken to be examined. Rick then discovers that they plan to kill Carl and experiment on his brain to help discover the cure and why he is immune. 

Despite knowing that Carl is ok with dying for the cure, Rick lashes out, unwilling to surrender his only son. He basically goes off murdering everyone in the entire hospital in a race against time to save Carl before he is killed. He saves him and escapes the hospital in a truck. 

Carl eventually wakes in the backseat and asks what happened and Rick lies and tells Carl that they actually had another boy with the cure and he wasn't needed. 

They then return to backwoods Tennessee where Daryl has a safehaven setup around a electric plant on a river dam.

The End.

Then Naughty Dog and Sony sue AMC for stealing their story for The Last of Us. 

35 minutes ago, Yohan said:

At least this has the comic books to follow somewhat. Negan was introduced in issue #100, currently it's at issue 158.

As far as ending, I picture them all at a big table like at the end of the last episode, with Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" playing on the jukebox...

And they're all so into the song and singing with spoons for microphones that they don't notice the tsunami of walkers descending upon them from the woods.  They all become the picnic.  The End - Walking Dead style.

3 hours ago, Destino said:

I think killing Negen is too small an accomplishment and the Saviors are too large a group to just chop to bits.  Rick needs to take control of the Saviors.  Have Rick give the whole "you belong to me now" speech while laughing and swinging a baseball bat. 

Yeah good point. Also could happen if one of my predictions holds up (Negan underestimating Ricks value, and relying on him, and assuming that Negans actions aren't always appreciated by his group, Rick then overthrown him with support from Trevor and the gang).

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It ends after they defeat the Saviors with Carl being bit on the arm..... [rest of post ]

Lol, you forgot to mention the part about Rick taking a brief pit stop to collect on a favor from his secret gay lover (which he feels guilty about, manifesting in the death of every  woman he has a romantic interest in) and spending half the time pushing Carl on a wooden pallet because he can't swim

I seriously hope they don't make that into a movie. Those never turn out right when you directly follow the plot of a game with 8-12 hours of action

52 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah good point. Also could happen if one of my predictions holds up (Negan underestimating Ricks value, and relying on him, and assuming that Negans actions aren't always appreciated by his group, Rick then overthrown him with support from Trevor and the gang).

I was wondering if Daryl will get a in with scarface (Dewayne?) or his woman while captive and subvert things from his end.

Gotta be a lot of resentment under their skins

36 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Wait what? Did we play different games lol

Lol no. it's the place right after they leave Boston. The small town where they go through the infested school, and fight the gigantic bloater in the school gymnasium.

There was a crazy guy there that owed Joel a favor. And throughout the whole mission he's lamenting his lost gay lover.

There's violence.  There's extreme violence.  And then there's torture. 

Season 7, Episode 1 just went there.  Can't say I enjoyed it very much.  And from listening to Kirkman on Talking Dead it seems like there's going to be years before there's a payoff for what they put their audience through Sunday night.  I'm out.  

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Lol no. it's the place right after they leave Boston. The small town where they go through the infested school, and fight the gigantic bloater in the school gymnasium.

There was a crazy guy there that owed Joel a favor. And throughout the whole mission he's lamenting his lost gay lover.

This is where I gave up.  I couldn't make it through the school without dying a dozen times and I quit.

13 hours ago, twa said:

I was wondering if Daryl will get a in with scarface (Dewayne?) or his woman while captive and subvert things from his end.

Gotta be a lot of resentment under their skins

Are you talking about Dwight with the burned face?  If so, I doubt Daryl makes nice because he's the guy that killed Denise.  Daryl will kill him or die trying.

Archived