Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

19 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It ends after they defeat the Saviors with Carl being bit on the arm amid the chaos but he never actually turns so then they suspect he is immune and could in fact have the cure in his blood. They discover this ragtag bunch of new government types calling themselves something lets just say the ladybugs. The ladybugs tell them they have a huge shelter and functioning hospital in Colorado and Carl needs to go there so they can find the cure. 

Rick journeys across the country again with Michonne in tow, Michonne dies somewhere around Pittsburgh giving her life to save Rick and Carl. At some point Rick is impaled and near death. Carl must taken care of him. He eats a lot of pudding during this and nearly gets raped but Rick pulls himself together and saves Carl just in time.

They make it to the hospital in Colorado and Carl tells Rick that no matter what they have to find the cure. Carl is taken to be examined. Rick then discovers that they plan to kill Carl and experiment on his brain to help discover the cure and why he is immune. 

Despite knowing that Carl is ok with dying for the cure, Rick lashes out, unwilling to surrender his only son. He basically goes off murdering everyone in the entire hospital in a race against time to save Carl before he is killed. He saves him and escapes the hospital in a truck. 

Carl eventually wakes in the backseat and asks what happened and Rick lies and tells Carl that they actually had another boy with the cure and he wasn't needed. 

They then return to backwoods Tennessee where Daryl has a safehaven setup around a electric plant on a river dam.

The End.

Have you played "the last of us"? This is really close to that plotline lol.

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Are you talking about Dwight with the burned face?  If so, I doubt Daryl makes nice because he's the guy that killed Denise.  Daryl will kill him or die trying.

Well he said he was aiming for Daryl , that might make it easier. :)

15 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Lol no. it's the place right after they leave Boston. The small town where they go through the infested school, and fight the gigantic bloater in the school gymnasium.

There was a crazy guy there that owed Joel a favor. And throughout the whole mission he's lamenting his lost gay lover.

I remember that now when they were trying to get the car that he had. For a minute I thought you were saying him and Joel were previously gay lovers lol

1 hour ago, Tweedr01 said:

Have you played "the last of us"? This is really close to that plotline lol.

What no way? Was that game heralded and critically acclaimed for its story telling? 

Because I feel like my post should have been...

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I remember that now when they were trying to get the car that he had. For a minute I thought you were saying him and Joel were previously gay lovers lol

What no way? Was that game heralded and critically acclaimed for its story telling? 

Because I feel like my post should have been...

Lol it was a favorite game of mine so I was a wee bit anxious to respond... then I noticed I was late to the party :(

7 hours ago, Rocky21 said:

There's violence.  There's extreme violence.  And then there's torture. 

Season 7, Episode 1 just went there.  Can't say I enjoyed it very much.  And from listening to Kirkman on Talking Dead it seems like there's going to be years before there's a payoff for what they put their audience through Sunday night.  I'm out.  

I mean I'm not gonna razz you for no longer wanting to watch, but it does seem a little funny that with all the troubling scenes in the past 6 seasons, that you stayed on, and it was last night that did it for you.

Not saying that it wasn't the most damaging episode they've shown, but this def wasn't the first time they've done torture

4 hours ago, Destino said:

Are you talking about Dwight with the burned face?  If so, I doubt Daryl makes nice because he's the guy that killed Denise.  Daryl will kill him or die trying.

He also stole Daryl's crossbow. That alone might be a capital offense

On 10/26/2016 at 5:15 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

She's lost every damn one. Poor girl.

I felt like they couldn't kill Glen because Maggie had lost enough.  So when I saw Abraham get beat down I relaxed about Glen.  Then when they took him out I was in shock.  It was crazy and so "Walking Dead" and "Game of Thrones." 

Spoiler

But, the hint from comic readers is that Maggie runs things at Hilltop.  You could see the fight in her eyes at the end.  So, while it sucks to lose Glen it will be interesting to see how Maggie grows into becoming a major BA.  The old fart that was trying to flirt with her doesn't know what's coming. 

1 hour ago, ThomasRoane said:

I felt like they couldn't kill Glen because Maggie had lost enough.  So when I saw Abraham get beat down I relaxed about Glen.  Then when they took him out I was in shock.  It was crazy and so "Walking Dead" and "Game of Thrones."  

You may want to edit out this post. Comic spoilers like that may actually come true on the show. 

On 10/26/2016 at 8:14 AM, Rocky21 said:

There's violence.  There's extreme violence.  And then there's torture. 

Season 7, Episode 1 just went there.  Can't say I enjoyed it very much.  And from listening to Kirkman on Talking Dead it seems like there's going to be years before there's a payoff for what they put their audience through Sunday night.  I'm out.  

tumblr_o12szlRLyf1rqe0rbo1_540.gif

Just teasing.  I know the violence isn't for everyone, but this was one bad ass episode.

Anyway, I think after Rick defeats Negan and is declared leader of whatever people are left, they storm King's Landing and join forces with Daenerys to take over the Iron Throne together.  

21 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I mean I'm not gonna razz you for no longer wanting to watch, but it does seem a little funny that with all the troubling scenes in the past 6 seasons, that you stayed on, and it was last night that did it for you.

Not saying that it wasn't the most damaging episode they've shown, but this def wasn't the first time they've done torture

They've had a dude kill his best friend for banging his wife. They had a kid shoot his mom after she gave birth to his sister.  They had a woman shoot a little girl in the back of the head, execution style.  They had a group of people eating a human leg like they grabbed it out of a bucket of chicken.  A dudes face got eaten off in front of Glenn.

But yeah, quit watching because 2 people got killed with a barbed wire baseball bat.   

^Yeah I mentioned that before... Also was talking to a buddy here at work about it and he mentioned (because I must have forgot) Season 3 when the Gov put Merl and Daryl in the Walker pit and made them fight their way out, he killed Milton and left him to turn in the room with Andrea tied up, and Gov also keeping his dead daughter chained up like a pet.

34 minutes ago, CBass1724 said:

They've had a dude kill his best friend for banging his wife. They had a kid shoot his mom after she gave birth to his sister.  They had a woman shoot a little girl in the back of the head, execution style.  They had a group of people eating a human leg like they grabbed it out of a bucket of chicken.  A dudes face got eaten off in front of Glenn.

But yeah, quit watching because 2 people got killed with a barbed wire baseball bat.   

Underselling it a bit.  Glenn was a tough scene to watch, when he was still alive and trying to talk.  Almost thought I would be physically ill.  I was trying to will Negan to just end it already, but he was taking his time.  Just brutal

That said, I thought it was maybe there best episode of the series.  Our core group was deathproof and making a mockery of the danger that is supposed to give real drama and consequences to the show.  This episode reignited the spark for me

Corey Hawkins, who plays Heath and also played Dr. Dre in Straight Outta Compton is now the lead actor for a new 24 reboot. I don't know if this is a standalone limited series like the last one they did with Keifer Sutherland. But it could spell the end of Heath this season. 

Or not. Who knows. In any case, a 24 without Jack Bauer will be interesting. 

27 minutes ago, Bliz said:

Underselling it a bit.  Glenn was a tough scene to watch, when he was still alive and trying to talk.  Almost thought I would be physically ill.  I was trying to will Negan to just end it already, but he was taking his time.  Just brutal

I guess after watching Game of Thrones these past few years, it has numbed me to sadistic torture.  

I still stand by what I said.  There has been copious amounts of violence of all different types levels over the seasons that it seems a little arbitrary to point to this episode as someone's stopping point.  Yeah it was tough to watch, but that was the point.  I agree that this was the best episode of the series to date.  We just can't pretend/forget that there hasn't been habitual line stepping in the past when it comes to the violent nature of this show. 

#Popeyes

Archived