Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ExtremeSkins = Extreme Mess

P90Xpert

Now I know there is a rule that prevents members of the board from calling out other members.... but what happens if a member calls out the whole board?

Great stuff from everyone, this is an awesome way to start a gameday morning...lol.

About this site?.................... man, this place really is something else. For all the weeping and moaning about the "good old days" (which were pretty damn good) this is still the premier site online for the Skins and discussion in general, not only because so many others are managed/inhabited by complete jackasses but because the central structure of ES is so well maintained.

The running gag about the oppressive jackboot of the mods just never gets old. In the ungodly thousands of hours I have spent here there has been one constant, those that don't get it don't want to, shy away from getting it and even fight like hell to remain ungotified. The OP is just the latest example of this affliction, seen here below.

Good post, everyone has an opinion, their very own opinion. An opinion that THEY think is correct. The Mods do a good job providing am atmosphere of discussion whether you agree with the discussion or not. And, I always find it interesting when people complain about the Mods for enforcing the rules. Like everything else in life, you have to have a set of rules to function appropriately.

Just to be on the safe side, I ran the OP by the executive committee of the National Center for Message Board Magnificence and Moderating Mastery and captured their reactions on my me!phone:

Jumbo, Howie survived? No we lost him the next day.......

You sir.....

victorybelt.jpg

:ols:

I've read the above three times and each time I burst into laughter.

Dude, you severely discount your entire OP with this statement.

aren't you guys paid by snyder to allow only pro snyder comments though?

i know i've read that on here before on a thread similar to this one.

Ummm, i dont see anything wrong with what the mods do around here. U think its bad they clean this place up? Would you rather see 100 threads with 2 or 3 replys to each one about a guy we should pick up?? If thats what youre looking for U r in the wrong place. Go visit another message board and see how many posts a day or how many different threads are started.

Sooo goodbye. From the looks of it you didn't bring anything to this board anyway. Later!

He's good, he's good.........

d875a5c5.gif

This thread isn't without an element of shock, but that isn't the basis for its conception. I do very much like to express and convey my opinions to others, as do most, but I find that the more I'm passionate about something the more fulfillment I receive informing others of my thoughts: the basis for this thread.

I joined extremeskins back in 2004 and frequented this message board a few times a month until early 2006. For those of you who can remember back then this board was quite educational, constructive and more so than anything else, it was easy going and respectful. Back then the members really took time getting to know each other and intelligent debate, not sensationalism, was the conventional norm. Now I can't remember exactly when the quality of this board turned straight into a downward spiral, I do remember at some point during the end of the Mark Brunell Era here in Washington the culture of this board, once the promotion of debate and discussion, was replaced by a siege of childish bashing and verbal attacks.

I rejoined this board a few months back after checking in from time to time to see the quality of the discussions and I have come to find this board is lame, it's lousy, its unprofessional.

When a thread is started it is supposed to ask a question or promote discussion in some form, yet you have these clowns that posts nothing in the realm of the topic. They simply call you an idiot or some other derogatory remark which is really really quite pathetic. Why take the time out of your day to insult someone for their opinion? Why not move on to another thread and actually make a contribution?

Since when is it not okay to be critical? Why is it that because we are Redskin Fans that we can't be harsh critics when it comes to our team? Instead the same clowns reply back with nothing BUT the following "TROLL." Most of these clowns are somehow ingrained with this pre-conceived ordination that the Redskins are the best team over and under the sun and if you say anything that contradicts that you "need to support a different team", or somehow you are less of the fan that they are. So why is it like this? THE MODERATORS. That's why. I have noticed that in many instances threads are locked when they become overly critical of the team almost the same way communist states control the media. Have you noticed how many threads begin with "now please don't hate me, just hear me out on this one?" What the hell is that? How sad is it that people are so worried that their opinion is going to come under such scrutiny and hostility that they feel the need to basically apologize for feeling the way they do? They know that instead of discussion they will get insulted and if the thread gets heated enough they could get banned from the board because the MODS believe them to be inciting a riot on purpose.

I will never forget one incident that occurred on this board. I had a number of friends of mine that used to post here, but all have left because of the reasons I've mentioned no doubt and we all got a huge laugh at this one. I can't remember my old screen name unfortunately as I would love to give you a direct reference. One guy posted in a thread that he wanted Mark Brunell to get into a fatal car crash on his way to Fedex Field so Jason Campbell could finally get his start (this was early in the 2006 season). I was so shocked and appalled by that statement, I along with a friend of mine, replied very candidly that this guy had no place here on this board and his language was completely out of bounds. I then stated that I thought MB was a scapegoat for a struggling team and a furious debate ensued. I WAS THEN BANNED AND THE SOB THAT WISHED FOR MB'S DEATH AD NO PUNISHMENT GIVEN. Later I had another friend of mind be banned for no apparent reason and the same guy that banned him banned me. Who was it? TK

I don't know what this guy's problem is all I know

• is that people, including myself, thought he crushed debate instead of promoting it and was like a lot of these other clowns would simply chime in with a reply to do nothing more than mock.

Perhaps this guy has never been in a position of authority and somehow feels empowered that he oversees a big message board, but why speculate. Well go ahead and ban me again sir as I have said my peace and will take my opinions elsewhere.

I wrote this because I wanted to and I make no apology it. I will get banned after writing this I'm sure, but even if I don't I won't be back...ever. There are other message board's skins fans and if anything I wrote here make sense to you I invite you to check them out.

In 2004 a thread like that which you last posted would have led to your destruction.

We'd have taunted you for being a troll first and foremost. Want to know how I know? We were very big into message board personas back then. I was Big Dog. TK was Me Too. It was fun. But, you'd have been considered a troll. And after that, I'd have taken some time to make you my personal toy. I only hope others serve the puppet master function now. Your problem in that thread, of course, is you don't give a damn what anyone thinks. You weren't here for discussion. You were here to arouse. You got a nap. I'm not sure an expectation of anything else at any other time is legitimate..

In 2004 a thread like that which you last posted would have led to your destruction

Arguably the funniest part, these people that talk about "the good days" like they were some idyllic time are so clueless. This thread is nothing compared to the savaging he would have gotten back in that kinder, gentler time............

Arguably the funniest part, these people that talk about "the good days" like they were some idyllic time are so clueless. This thread is nothing compared to the savaging he would have gotten back in that kinder, gentler time............

i enjoy how p90 talked about the good old days and then brought up a thread about someone wanting brunell to get hit by a car from the good old days.

sounds like it's a bit of revisionist history about how different the "good old days" were from now.

I don't think there's any argument against the fact that as a population swells, there is going to be more "everything" in terms of people-stuff, in relative proportions. How could there not be? :)

There may be a lot more "smart", as well as a ton of more "stupid", but wading through the stupid is much harder and makes the negative stand out. That's normal in human psychology---we often emphasize in our thoughts and feelings what troubles us more than what pleases us (lots of good reasons).

Then we have the matter our various "ES cadres" bias in play too. Any group that has existed for any really extended period of time goes through this dynamic where some of the people that were there from earlier times tend to feel "replaced" or somewhat dislocated by incoming folk who do change tone and even structure of the group in many cases. This change is often regarded as a deterioration by the old-timers, and whether it really is or not is often quite debatable either way and very subjective.

Some of the old-timers will lament and may even leave (often to start the same kind of group elsewhere with essentially the same kinds of people and behaviors) and some of the new-comers either pay little attention to such things and just enjoy the group and their fellows, while other newcomers may wonder wtf the old-timers are going on about half the time. :pfft:

To me, the "fact" is, this board still has an enormous amount of intelligent and informative football talk offered and tons of just funny stuff too, along with all the crap we hate. Having our rules (I sure believe) and making real efforts to apply them effectively sure help, and the bigger the population the more such things DO help. That's hardly rocket surgery. :D

But everyone's human. Except TK, as the OP so accurately notes. :pfft:

Change is easy. Transitsion is hard.

I've worked for companies that have made significant replacements of software applications. It's fun to watch how hard people work to get the new application working just like the old one.

Klingon food is not for humans, it gives them a sour stomach.

ES members on this board have been dumb, informative, silly, rowdy, intelligent, aggressive, insulting, rude, kind, warm, compassionate, surly, impudent, and witty ever since I've been here.

This is true. The notion that the board used to be some Utopian place where only high-brow discussion flourished is nostalgia through rose-colored glasses. Unless you go back to the time when the entire membership could meet in a broom closet, you've always had the Chicken Littles, the unabashed cheerleaders, the Debbie Downers, the Snyder haters, the Snyder apologists, a draconian mod or two, the mod wannabes, the leftist loons, the righty wackjobs, the idiots, scoundrels, elitist snobs, the clueless...

And yet, it is among the best sports message boards in the world. Sure, since the membership went from the tens to the tens of thousands, you have to wade through more to get to the nuggets, but the nuggets are there, every day. And to me, the clunkers are part of the carnival that makes the place fun.

Yes PX90 is mad. Getting banned is no fun. It makes you angry. And sometimes when you're angry, you're not thinking clearly. That's a good excuse for the OP of this thread.

---------- Post added August-25th-2011 at 09:01 AM ----------

hahahah @ Zoony seeking the hidden message. :applause:

Archived