Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ExtremeSkins = Extreme Mess

P90Xpert

This thread isn't without an element of shock, but that isn't the basis for its conception. I do very much like to express and convey my opinions to others, as do most, but I find that the more I'm passionate about something the more fulfillment I receive informing others of my thoughts: the basis for this thread.

I joined extremeskins back in 2004 and frequented this message board a few times a month until early 2006. For those of you who can remember back then this board was quite educational, constructive and more so than anything else, it was easy going and respectful. Back then the members really took time getting to know each other and intelligent debate, not sensationalism, was the conventional norm. Now I can't remember exactly when the quality of this board turned straight into a downward spiral, I do remember at some point during the end of the Mark Brunell Era here in Washington the culture of this board, once the promotion of debate and discussion, was replaced by a siege of childish bashing and verbal attacks.

I rejoined this board a few months back after checking in from time to time to see the quality of the discussions and I have come to find this board is lame, it's lousy, its unprofessional.

When a thread is started it is supposed to ask a question or promote discussion in some form, yet you have these clowns that posts nothing in the realm of the topic. They simply call you an idiot or some other derogatory remark which is really really quite pathetic. Why take the time out of your day to insult someone for their opinion? Why not move on to another thread and actually make a contribution?

Since when is it not okay to be critical? Why is it that because we are Redskin Fans that we can't be harsh critics when it comes to our team? Instead the same clowns reply back with nothing BUT the following "TROLL." Most of these clowns are somehow ingrained with this pre-conceived ordination that the Redskins are the best team over and under the sun and if you say anything that contradicts that you "need to support a different team", or somehow you are less of the fan that they are. So why is it like this? THE MODERATORS. That's why. I have noticed that in many instances threads are locked when they become overly critical of the team almost the same way communist states control the media. Have you noticed how many threads begin with "now please don't hate me, just hear me out on this one?" What the hell is that? How sad is it that people are so worried that their opinion is going to come under such scrutiny and hostility that they feel the need to basically apologize for feeling the way they do? They know that instead of discussion they will get insulted and if the thread gets heated enough they could get banned from the board because the MODS believe them to be inciting a riot on purpose.

I will never forget one incident that occurred on this board. I had a number of friends of mine that used to post here, but all have left because of the reasons I've mentioned no doubt and we all got a huge laugh at this one. I can't remember my old screen name unfortunately as I would love to give you a direct reference. One guy posted in a thread that he wanted Mark Brunell to get into a fatal car crash on his way to Fedex Field so Jason Campbell could finally get his start (this was early in the 2006 season). I was so shocked and appalled by that statement, I along with a friend of mine, replied very candidly that this guy had no place here on this board and his language was completely out of bounds. I then stated that I thought MB was a scapegoat for a struggling team and a furious debate ensued. I WAS THEN BANNED AND THE SOB THAT WISHED FOR MB'S DEATH HAD NO PUNISHMENT GIVEN. Later I had another friend of mind be banned for no apparent reason and the same guy that banned him banned me. Who was it? TK

I don't know what this guy's problem is all I know is that people, including myself, thought he crushed debate instead of promoting it and was like a lot of these other clowns would simply chime in with a reply to do nothing more than mock. Perhaps this guy has never been in a position of authority and somehow feels empowered that he oversees a big message board, but why speculate. Well go ahead and ban me again sir as I have said my peace and will take my opinions elsewhere.

I wrote this because I wanted to and I make no apology it. I will get banned after writing this I'm sure, but even if I don't I won't be back...ever. There are other message board's skins fans and if anything I wrote here makes sense to you I invite you to check them out.

I didn't know cm punk was a skins fan..

I never did get the point of these threads, they're about useless as the "open letter" about DS, the team, the fans, etc... :Idunno:

As soon as I see the phrase "i'll probably get banned for this", I realize I just wasted precious seconds of my life i'll never get back

Well this is a mess. If you don't like it here, leave. Go start your own forum instead of ***** about this one. I've been mostly a lurker, but I've never seen these problems you mention. There are people here that violate certain rules that are pretty clear and easy to follow. Yet, people are either lazy or attention seeking and have to break them. I think for the most part, all of the mods here do a great job. I know how hard their job is. I've been a long time member and moderator of a Redskins mail list group. Reading through everything and policing the occasional ding dong is not fun work. I think there is plenty of good discussion and information here and I have seen no agenda.

Yeah, Extremeskins sucks, what else is new?

Ever start talking to a group of random Redskins fans at a bar? It's pretty much the same thing. These are not people I would choose to hang out with on a regular basis.

But hey, nobody is making you post here.

I've never liked you. Now I know why. :ols:

Here SWFL,let's even provide a link to the thread so that we can re-read some of the high quality,respectful,thought provoking,and insightful posts that ol' P90 here has brought since his return,(interesting admission there by the way).

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?351066-Are-the-Redskins-the-most-embarrassing-team-in-the-NFL

:whew: I stand truley humbled in the presence of such greatness. Way to really up the quality of discussion there.

Per chance. Some slices of chees to go along with that whine? Letting the door hit you on the ass on the way out can build an appetite you know.

Archived