Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ExtremeSkins = Extreme Mess

P90Xpert

Unfortunately I have nothing of substance to add to this thread, but I'll post anyway. Tralolol lala lalala lalala .....

031--shoegal_icons-2.png

---------- Post added August-24th-2011 at 11:01 PM ----------

The OP was angry that day my friends. Like an old man returning soup at a deli.

031--shoegal_icons-2.png

I love how these threads are always started by people who always start dumb threads. You could have summed your OP up in one little post "no one likes me, and it's YOUR fault".

No one liked your threads because they were poorly thought out and obnoxious. So, in a way, now that you're gone, the level of discussion here immediately improves. Win/win for all of us.

winwinheader-450x239.jpg

Why oh why am I posting here. Normally I leave threads like this after the first couple of posts, but something the OP wrote caught my eye. The OP referenced how much better ES was in 2006 or whenever it was that he/she joined. I joined in 2002, not bragging, just stating fact. When I joined, this place only had a small percentage of the posters that it has now or even when the OP joined. With the fact that so many people have joined up, of course the "quality" of posts are going to drop. This is no offense to anyone that is a current member, it's just when you have so many people that are passionate about the same subject, but have different ideas on how things should be ran or done, you have arguments.

Should there be discussion over each and every subject, yes. The problem comes when the same subject is proposed several different times. In the nearly 9 years that I've been a member of this forum, I would take a guess that I've seen over 100 different threads and posts that have asked the question about how embarrassing this franchise is. I honestly saw the subject of the thread with that title and just skipped over it, with the decision that it's the same ol' same ol'. I don't go into these threads and call names, mostly because I find that completely juvenile and a waste of my time.

As for the statement in this thread about TK and the other Mods, I don't know the entire story behind your beef with the mods, TK in general, but I know I've disliked the decisions of the Mods on more than one occasion, but I have agreed with them on more occasions than I have disagreed. These people have a tough job, that I hope, but doubt that now that it's owned by the Washington Redskins, that they get some compensation for. I've had a couple of occasions where I pm'd a mod and it took some time for them to reply back. Don't ask me what it was about, can't remember. However, they were always courteous and have explained that they were swamped with PM's. It's completely understandable when I can only imagine that they look up at their PM's and see hundreds if not thousands of pm's every day.

If you have a problem with anyone, especially a specific mod, try conversing with them in private. If you think they have a problem with you, ask them. Maybe they took something that you posted the wrong way, trust me, they are human (unless you're speaking to people about Art and only in the game Tribal Wars.)

Anyway, this is my opinions on the subject, take it how you want. You did do something however, this seems like the old days when no thread was ever closed, it just became the fun and games threads.

So since this threat derailed into fun and games, I feel compelled to tell this story because of the OP's P90X reference.

I work at a tuxedo rental store and some guy came in to get his measurements for a buddy's wedding. I asked him his weight, which is standard procedure. He reply with the voice of "the situation" and said to me "No clue bra, I've been doing that P90X stuff so my weight's changing...like...every...day...brah! It's righteous"

I walked straight into the back and asked my co-worker to finish the job.

This started as a seemingly legitimate post about the quality of this board, but quickly showed its true colors: some personal vendetta against a mod for being banned.

And I say legitimate loosely because really, go read other NFL teams' message boards. They're a mess of overreacting panic posts one after another. This board keeps that to a minimum. Not to mention it's very pleasing on the eyes, with the dark background, the wide post boxes... That sickening blue and white all over the cowboys/giants boards is just ugly and, again, it's mostly irrational dumbass posters typing in caps with lots of !!!!

I wasn't here back in the day, but I would imagine, any message board was more tame back in the day. before more people, and kids, got their hands on the internet. With as much volume of people that these boards get, there's no way in hell to avoid the idiocy. This board has sticky threads at the top reminding you of posting rules, and enforces the NNTs and bans necessary. I'm sorry you felt you were wrongfully banned. PM the mod, etc

One note on the "decline" issue---most of us here have said that and felt it at some point or another. But the bigger "truth" is it's been being said by some folks at some time since it's second or third year of existence. Sometimes it might be true (depending on when exactly a comparison is being made to when) and sometimes it's probably not. The "real" point is it's a feeling/belief some folks will have at various times past, present, and future and it's perfectly understandable. :cool:

How they express it can be a challenge for them. :ols:

It's up to us to be the best we can be! :pfft: :D

Just remember--never go full retard!

tropic_thunder_RDJ.jpg

Archived