Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ExtremeSkins = Extreme Mess

P90Xpert

One note on the "decline" issue---most of us here have said that and felt it at some point or another. But the bigger "truth" is it's been being said by some folks at some time since it's second or third year of existence. Sometimes it might be true (depending on when exactly a comparison is being made to when) and sometimes it's probably not. The "real" point is it's a feeling/belief some folks will have at various times past, present, and future and it's perfectly understandable. :cool:

I'm tellin ya, a 'decline' is inevitable thru time when more and more people show up, many of them very stupid, lol. But this place punishes you for stupid threads and, compared to other boards, does a pretty damn good job of it. Again, seriously, go read other boards. They're a ****ing mess. ES forever ya heard

-in fact, I remember it being kinda tough to even register here in the first place cuz a free email didn't cut it. ES keeps it locked down, this is the last board to complain about 'declining'

One note on the "decline" issue---most of us here have said that and felt it at some point or another. But the bigger "truth" is it's been being said by some folks at some time since it's second or third year of existence. Sometimes it might be true (depending on when exactly a comparison is being made to when) and sometimes it's probably not. The "real" point is it's a feeling/belief some folks will have at various times past, present, and future and it's perfectly understandable. :cool:

How they express it can be a challenge for them. :ols:

It's up to us to be the best we can be! :pfft: :D

Just remember--never go full retard!

tropic_thunder_RDJ.jpg

Glad I can always count on jumbo for a laugh.

I'm tellin ya, a 'decline' is inevitable thru time when more and more people show up, many of them very stupid, lol. But this place punishes you for stupid threads and, compared to other boards, does a pretty damn good job of it. Again, seriously, go read other boards. They're a ****ing mess. ES forever ya heard

-in fact, I remember it being kinda tough to even register here in the first place cuz a free email didn't cut it. ES keeps it locked down, this is the last board to complain about 'declining'

I don't think there's any argument against the fact that as a population swells, there is going to be more "everything" in terms of people-stuff, in relative proportions. How could there not be? :)

There may be a lot more "smart", as well as a ton of more "stupid", but wading through the stupid is much harder and makes the negative stand out. That's normal in human psychology---we often emphasize in our thoughts and feelings what troubles us more than what pleases us (lots of good reasons).

Then we have the matter our various "ES cadres" bias in play too. Any group that has existed for any really extended period of time goes through this dynamic where some of the people that were there from earlier times tend to feel "replaced" or somewhat dislocated by incoming folk who do change tone and even structure of the group in many cases. This change is often regarded as a deterioration by the old-timers, and whether it really is or not is often quite debatable either way and very subjective.

Some of the old-timers will lament and may even leave (often to start the same kind of group elsewhere with essentially the same kinds of people and behaviors) and some of the new-comers either pay little attention to such things and just enjoy the group and their fellows, while other newcomers may wonder wtf the old-timers are going on about half the time. :pfft:

To me, the "fact" is, this board still has an enormous amount of intelligent and informative football talk offered and tons of just funny stuff too, along with all the crap we hate. Having our rules (I sure believe) and making real efforts to apply them effectively sure help, and the bigger the population the more such things DO help. That's hardly rocket surgery. :D

But everyone's human. Except TK, as the OP so accurately notes. :pfft:

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for

authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place

of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their

households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They

contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties

at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers." -Socrates

God I love threads like these. So, not only did you re-registure, but you took the time to compose that well thought and well spoken epic.

Basically you wanted to yell "Bye!" real loud so we can see you. Or are you trying to "Bring down the Man" to create a mass exodus of ES users?

After reading all of your threads, Yes. The sky is falling. The Mayans predicted the Fall of the Redskins. You Win. Game Over.

As soon as I see the phrase "i'll probably get banned for this", I realize I just wasted precious seconds of my life i'll never get back

lol; yep. And I never buy it when internet posters say stuff like, "this site used to be a special community and now it's gone downhill." Uh, no it didn't used to be. It was pretty much always this way, but some people just have a limited tolerance for it. And if you're one of those people, hey, that's fine. Just don't post.

Look we've all had our fun with the pictures and GIFs and whatnot, but I think it's time that someone put out a rational post critiquing his concerns.

Oh wait, Symbol already did?

Carry on then...

u+mad_10525f_725163.jpg

---------- Post added August-25th-2011 at 05:35 AM ----------

I do very much like my opinions as do most, but I find that the more I'm informing others of my thoughts a few times a month until early 2006 more so than anything else, Back then the members turned straight into a downward spiral, I do remember at some point the culture of this board was replaced by a siege of childish bashing and verbal attacks.

I rejoined this board a few months back I have [be]come lame, lousy, unprofessional.

When a thread is started it is in some form, yet you have these posts They simply call you quite pathetic. Why take the time out of your day to actually make a contribution?

Since when is it not okay to be Redskin Fans? Instead the same clowns reply back with "clowns are the Redskins", So why is it like this? I have noticed that in many instances threads are communist media. Have you noticed how many threads begin with "now please don't hear me out on this one?" What the hell is that? How sad is it that people are so worried that their scrutiny and hostility will get insulted and heated to be inciting a riot on purpose.

I will never forget a friend of mine that used to post here, but left because we all got a huge laugh at my old screen name. One guy posted in a thread that he wanted Mark Brunell to get into a car on his way to Fedex Field I was so shocked and appalled by that statement, I along with a friend of mine, replied very candidly that this guy had no place here on this board. I then stated that I thought a furious debate ensued. I WAS THEN BANNED AND THE SOB THAT WISHED FOR MB'S friend TK

I don't know problems all I know is that people, including clowns would simply chime in with a reply to do nothing more than speculate.

I wrote this because I wanted to make sure I won't be back...ever.

Here's the TL;DR I got from it... (All I did was delete a few words) :evil:

... So why is it like this? THE MODERATORS. That's why. I have noticed that in many instances threads are locked when they become overly critical of the team almost the same way communist states control the media. ...

:ols:

I've read the above three times and each time I burst into laughter.

Dude, you severely discount your entire OP with this statement.

Well. To be straight forward, I'm just going to out right call you a liar. I don't believe your story at all that you told someone to quit being a ***** and act right and got banned for it.

I don't have the earliest join date in the world, compared to most on here I'm a young member by age, join date, and post count. I lurked on here for a couple years and finally joined. TK seems like a pretty stand up guy to me based on the decisions i see him make and text he posts. Pretty predictable too, not meant as an offense. I, and a lot of other people on here, know exactly when and how he is going to react to a post, because we know the rules and know where the line is. I've never seen him or any of the other staff just ban someone and be scratching my head over it.

I'll also say I've never read the rules. However, i have never been called out by any of the staff or punished in any way. (that being said, I have no idea what the user notes might say about me) I just know them. They are kind of common sense. Don't be a dick, you won't get banned. That is pretty much the rule.

Right now you are breaking the rule. If you pulled something like this before, i completely understand you being banned.

The problem with posts like this... and the problem inherit with facebook, twitter, and many other modes of communication is the "small world" problem.

You never know who knows someone and is looking. We are somewhat masked by anonymity, but it's a pretty thin veil if someone wants to pierce it. This is a reason why we should treat all with respect and honesty. I find little merit in the complaint in the OP although to be fair I only skimmed it. I have been critical and at times loud, but I have never been banned and usually am treated well enough. Those who can't be civil or reasonable I tend to ignore.

The only posters who actually annoy me are those who write with intelligence, but act like morons.... plus, the guys are inflexible and always right (esp. when they're wrong), but in the big picture even those annoyances aren't worth getting annoyed about. This place is a community, but a diversion.

Still, it's good to remember that it's a small world and your words may come back to haunt you in places or at times where you least suspect it.

Ahhh man. Did I come in here too late? It looked like a lot of fun :(

I know, this was smokin' overnight. Major thanks to the moddery for leaving it open for entertainment's sake, goes great w/ the mornin coffee.

There have been a couple serious, thoughtful responses here, and I applaud those posters for attempting to be mature when the tide was running so hard to "post a .gif and LOL", but somehow I think those words fell on deaf ears. The OP was not looking for genuine conversation, here or in his previous threads, and trying to be understanding is just enabling him in his "woe is me" attitude.

About this site?.................... man, this place really is something else. For all the weeping and moaning about the "good old days" (which were pretty damn good) this is still the premier site online for the Skins and discussion in general, not only because so many others are managed/inhabited by complete jackasses but because the central structure of ES is so well maintained.

The running gag about the oppressive jackboot of the mods just never gets old. In the ungodly thousands of hours I have spent here there has been one constant, those that don't get it don't want to, shy away from getting it and even fight like hell to remain ungotified. The OP is just the latest example of this affliction, seen here below.

The thing about message boards is that it is totally up to us the members what the thread topics are and the quality of the debate is. If members want to improve the level of conversation its in your gift.

I tend to agree that there are far too many threads starting which have no business being started - they are either on subjects which fit into other (often multiple) threads on the same topic or they are on subjects which are far too trival to justify a thread or the OP offers little of any substance to start a good conversation. The Mods do a great job in trying to manage this along with the perennial issue of thread titles which tell you nothing about the actual subject of the thread.

As to the question of being critical of the team I would say that given the teams performance and record over the last 20 years or so that both inevitable and justfied. However there are ways to do that which are both balanced and constructive. Giving some level of analysis of what you see as the proble and suggestions as to what you think might be the way forward is going to be well received. Just slamming players, coaches, front office or ownership with nothing more than 'they suck' - and often much worse than that - is not really adding anything and just drgs the whole board down.

So my message to the OP is do your bit to make the board better, use the ignore function if you find posters who you find objectionable and stop looking for moderators hiding behind grassy knolls - no one is out to get you unless you make the effort to justify it.

I love how these threads are always started by people who always start dumb threads. You could have summed your OP up in one little post "no one likes me, and it's YOUR fault".

No one liked your threads because they were poorly thought out and obnoxious. So, in a way, now that you're gone, the level of discussion here immediately improves. Win/win for all of us.

winwinheader-450x239.jpg

So Flow let me get this right, he was complaining about the quality of discussions on ES but his discussions lacked quality. Wow that is win/win. hahahaa

---------- Post added August-25th-2011 at 08:07 AM ----------

Thread of The Year. ............Period

roflbot.jpg

Ummm, i dont see anything wrong with what the mods do around here. U think its bad they clean this place up? Would you rather see 100 threads with 2 or 3 replys to each one about a guy we should pick up?? If thats what youre looking for U r in the wrong place. Go visit another message board and see how many posts a day or how many different threads are started.

Sooo goodbye. From the looks of it you didn't bring anything to this board anyway. Later!

Archived