Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Various sources: Osama bin Laden is dead. (Merged)

ixcuincle

Much better to hear he died in a firefght and not a airstrike. Hope they were able to look in his eyes!

Me too. I'm glad he probably died knowing that our forces were closing in and he only had a few more breaths to take.

And I can't believe how unbelievably stupid some people are to turn this moment into one to criticize Obama. Seriously, pull your heads out of your ******s.

When does the soldier that shot him get a parade? I wonder who it is... because that had to feel good!

I'd guess we won't know for a very, very long time, right? To protect him and his family? The whole group of soldiers, you'd think.

Damnit I wish I lived right on Foggy Bottom and not slightly off campus. A lot of my friends are at the white house now.

Thank you President Bush. Thank you President Obama. Thanks to all our armed service members. The world is a better place today. A huge win for the good of humanity.

I am positively BEAMING.

I wish I lived in downtown DC now, I'd join those folks at the White House.

Ironic that 9/11 shut that street to public traffic, and now it's the scene of this impromptu celebration.

I can recall driving that street on the way to work many times. I can remember thinking to myself that it's pretty cool that my daily commute carried me right by the President's front door.. I weas sad when the stretch opf PA ave in front was closed off. I felt we lost something we should not have,, America became less accessible. if that makes sense. We were less "small town" after that.

It is fitting people are partying there tonight.

I am very proud, very happy. We're still here. We WIN.

~Bang

Anyone complaining on this thread right now about speeches or whatever can go **** themselves with a 10 foot pole. This is a great night for America and the world. DON"T ****ing RUIN IT FOR US!!! Who cares if a speech is prepared. This is delicate situation. IF YOU WANT TO WHINE TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! NOW IF YOU DON"T MIND SOME OF US ARE GONNA WATCH CNN AND AMERICA **** YEAH. if you want to continue to whine **** OFF!!!!

Well put.

This a great day for all Americans. Politics is irrelevant at this time. We got the son of a *****! :D

So, BO has known for over a week at least. People have been wondering, first why BO released his birth certificate at all and second, why he chose this week. Some speculated something big would follow the release of the birth certificate, something to take the heat off of it. Is Bin Laden being killed big enough?

I guess he waited so he could interrupt Celebrity Apprentice.

**** all these people trying to ruin an amazing moment with their political agenda bull****. It's a great day for the US no matter what your background is.

Agreed, you have political nonsense to say...

Go home and get your ******* shinebox.

I may be banned for this

But quit your ****ing CRYING.

Jesus dude, get your head out of your ass for a second and stop giving a **** about the goddam image and just deal with the reality of this.

Talk about pre-fabbed and teleprompted, your tired ass overpoliticized garbage is PLAYED OUT.

SHUT THE **** UP.

~Bang

Great post. Anyone that isn't happy as **** about this needs to shut the **** up, immediately.

http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/acarvin/~hEa7r

Statement by President Bill Clinton

"This is a profoundly important moment not just for the families of those who lost their lives on 9/11 and in al-Qaida's other attacks but for people all over the world who want to build a common future of peace, freedom, and cooperation for our children.

I congratulate the President, the National Security team and the members of our armed forces on bringing Osama bin Laden to justice after more than a decade of murderous al-Qaida attacks."

Reuters:

Former U.S. President George W. Bush calls bin Laden death "momentous achievement"

Archived