Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Various sources: Osama bin Laden is dead. (Merged)

ixcuincle

This is dated 2 days ago.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gary-s-chafetz/post_1988_b_854932.html

The president and his national security team have quietly instructed the CIA to intensify its efforts to hunt down, capture, or kill Osama bin Laden.

The reason is obvious.

In 1975, the government of South Vietnam collapsed soon after the withdrawal of American troops.

With the imminent withdrawal of American troops from Afghanistan slated to start in July 2011, the president fears the same thing will occur. The government of Hamid Karzai--the unstable, corrupt, and unpopular Afghan president--will quickly collapse, allowing the Taliban to seize power again.

Almost without question, the Taliban's first official act will be to invite Osama bin Laden back to Afghanistan as its "guest." This will be the most defiant and triumphant publicity stunt bin Laden--the self-styled master manipulator of the media--has ever staged, adding to his aura of invincibility. It may very well be the greatest public humiliation the United States has ever suffered.

It will also mean half a trillion U. S. dollars and the live of nearly 1,500 American soldiers--not to mention the tens of thousands of physically and psychically wounded ones--were utterly wasted.

Therefore, the president has decided there is an urgent need to hunt down bin Laden now.

Immediately after the terrorist attacks against the United States on September 11, 2001, the Taliban government refused to hand over its "guest," Osama bin Laden, the mastermind of those attacks. It was the Taliban's refusal that unleashed the American (technically, NATO's) invasion of Afghanistan. Otherwise, the United States would have never invaded Afghanistan, despite the repugnance of the Taliban regime.

That invasion--designed by the CIA--began in October 2001. Osama bin Laden was forced to flee Kabul the following month. In December, American special forces tracked him down to the mountainous cave complex at Tora Bora in southeastern Afghanistan, where he and several hundred al-Qaeda insurgents were hiding.

Due to miscommunication and ineptitude, bin Laden managed to escape into the Wild West tribal regions of northwest Pakistan.

Ten years later, bin Laden is still at large, employing the internet and the media to lead his world-wide insurgency against the West, and America in particular, in response to his perceived threats against Islam. These include America's support of Israel, the presence of American troops in Muslim countries, and American support of what bin Laden believes are corrupt Muslim governments--namely, Saudi Arabia's.

Contrary to the American public's cartoonish beliefs, bin Laden is actually a patient and shrewd architect of a multigenerational war of attrition against America, designed to bleed it into bankruptcy.

When the Kharzai regime falls and bin Laden jubilantly returns to Afghanistan, he will trumpet America's impotence. The United States will find itself back at square one--right where it was in October 2001.

That is why the president has decided it is now so imperative to eliminate bin Laden.

Thank God we killed this guy. Security is definately tight here though (Dont listen to what the news is saying about it not being elevated). I cant even walk to the bathroom without showing my badges.

Good luck, man. The next couple of days should be busier than usual.

Thank God we killed this guy. Security is definately tight here though (Dont listen to what the news is saying about it not being elevated). I cant even walk to the bathroom without showing my badges.

That's weird. Brian Williams just spent 5 min talking about how Security Levels have been and are still going up here and abroad.

God Bless you, bud!

Is everyone there feeling as proud as I am right now?

Archived