Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question: Why does Lavar Arrington SPECIFICALLY dislike ExtremeSkins?

RonArtest15

Hahahaha. LOL. You shouldn't get banned for that post....you should get an award! Classic. But seriously, the reason lavar doesn't like this site is because well, frankly, we all hate him.

Guess what? Your inner lemming rules! Checking in on your advocation of such douchery and noting you have seven rule violations from four moderators gets you a permanent boot. :)

I find it interesting that you can trash Dan Snyder without punishment, but trash a certain mod, especially when it's that time of the season, I promise you will get banned. But as far as Lavar is concerned, he probably was referring to certain ES posters as opposed to all of ES.

You can go elsewhere too. We certainly have way more idiocy and BS here than we have a shortage of the same, and I will happily cull the herd. ;)

Because Lavar and his butt buddy are lame drama queens, essentially. Can't stand that show or most of that station's lineup.

True dat.

This can't be true. We've won a Monday night game at fed ex right? I agree Gart that we've sucked for a long time and Laverne and dukes do have every right to say it. They just take it to another level. For example they said on a number of occasions during the end of the season that we were in better shape In 2009 when Zorn and vinny were running the show. The over the top defending of Devin Thomas. Calling for shanahans head after one season. I mean the list goes on. They just go over the top for ratings and it gets old.

Lavar and Dukes probably love Extremeskins. Do you know how much free advertising and publicity they get from all the threads made about them on here? Even now with this thread being on the front page all day, people are going to read this thread and tune in tomorrow. Those guys are playing their angle, and we are keeping them employed by eating it up every time.

BTW I have never tuned in to the show, but I find myself tempted when I keep reading through these threads.

---------- Post added March-10th-2011 at 01:49 AM ----------

Just look at how many people in this thread can quote the crazy things Lavar and Dukes have said over their time on the air. People are tuning in.

It's must work because according to Laverne and fat dukes, they have the number one sports talk show in the area. They like to tell you that at least one time a day. I have to confess I do listen to them when 980 is boring me. Which happens a lot.

I find this hilarious because I work in the radio biz, and Tony Kornheiser is the #1 sports show in the area by far. All the ratings released by arbitron say so. They're #1 in their TIMESLOT, but hey, what competition do they really have?:2cents:

Is this not the truth about the Redskins?

You aren't showing a "truth" about the Redskins, but a perspective. For me, LaVar Arrington was part of the loser culture in Washington, what the **** did the team ever win when he was on it? He doesn't have a right to criticize anything when it comes to the Redskins in my opinion. If he would have played in system, he could have been one of the greatest ever. ( A lot like Al in that respect I guess)

How many Monday Night Games have the Redskins ever won at Fed Ex Field? That's what I mean by negative for the sake of negative. I can't tell you the number, but I know it's not zero because I was present for at least two wins on Monday night. This is another reason why I can't listen to 106.7 "The Moron" I can't listen to the so-called "Fans" who just pull statements like that out of their ass with not even an attempt to show legitimate facts.

Yes, the first year under Shanahan and Allen was disappointing in the wins column, but if you don't really believe that there is hope or chance for things to improve, then why remain a fan? Don't you have anything better to do with your time? I don't mind negative opinions. I dislike negative for the sake of being negative. Like La Var's idiotic chant of "GET EM" "GET EM" during Dukes temper tantrum on the air last fall.

I really believe we have turned the corner in Redskin country. I realize for many in the media this will be a bad thing, because they rely on the Redskins being a dysfunctional mess of an organization to have talking points. When things are going well, and the organization is being run properly there is less to discuss. For example, take this board. In my time as a member here, I don't recall there being so little to talk about in Redskins land. Frankly, it's refreshing.

---------- Post added March-10th-2011 at 02:34 AM ----------

This can't be true. We've won a Monday night game at fed ex right? I agree Gart that we've sucked for a long time and Laverne and dukes do have every right to say it. They just take it to another level. For example they said on a number of occasions during the end of the season that we were in better shape In 2009 when Zorn and vinny were running the show. The over the top defending of Devin Thomas. Calling for shanahans head after one season. I mean the list goes on. They just go over the top for ratings and it gets old.

all true. You get the feeling their whole shtick is to bash the organization no matter what. Christ, the way Devin Thomas was talked about after he was cut, you would have thought we just cut Jerry Rice in his prime.

and any idiot who thinks we were in better shape under Zorn and Vinny should be permanently banned from ever speaking into a microphone again.

Tebek hosted Jeopardy, dude. Game show fail, on your part.

To be fair, he did swap places and host Wheel of Fortune once.

---------- Post added March-10th-2011 at 03:42 AM ----------

Great post Painkiller. I couldn't agree more.

(On a sidenote, this thread has got me curious as to how many "user notes" I have)

Was wondering the same thing...do you only get them if you get an official "warning" from the mods? Or do they just leave a note about you when they see you being a dick....hahaha.

Why don't some people go on Twitter and ask him? Or call into his show one day. I'd be curious.

I sent them an email once asking if Lavar would join the board and chat with us sometime. I heard nothing back of course. If it's good enough for Phillip Daniels, it should be for anyone...

To be fair, he did swap places and host Wheel of Fortune once.

---------- Post added March-10th-2011 at 03:42 AM ----------

Was wondering the same thing...do you only get them if you get an official "warning" from the mods? Or do they just leave a note about you when they see you being a dick....hahaha.

I've had bans for a week, a day and 6 months. You don't get a warning. Some are on only a bit and act like an ass amd some are on for a while and slip over the Mod line. Yes their opinion matters, they run the board. Most members agree with them and get along.

Why don't some people go on Twitter and ask him? Or call into his show one day. I'd be curious.

i think a lot of people have, and with no response.....if you are going to bash folks or ES, at least answer to people!!

Because Lavar and his butt buddy are lame drama queens, essentially. Can't stand that show or most of that station's lineup.

it is pretty horrible. i have been up to PrimeTime a few times to see their "tv" show or whatever they do.... ::yawns:: chad creeps me out. ugh.

they do need to get some better talent on that station, something that the masses want to listen to on a daily basis, ummmmm Kevin and Rock please?! i have emailed and tweeted CK and have yet to hear a response back.....

TK- hey hey hey =o)

I bet my user notes are pretty interesting and a few pages. Man I loved Lavar, until he started opening his mouth on the radio. I hate him now because all he does is trash the Redskins for everything. He would fit really well in extremeskins because more than 50% of people's posts can't wait for the Redskins to fail again this upcoming season much like Lavar.

How many Monday Night Games have the Redskins ever won at Fed Ex Field? That's what I mean by negative for the sake of negative. I can't tell you the number, but I know it's not zero because I was present for at least two wins on Monday night.

Just for accuracy, as others have said, we have won precisely one game at the stadium on Monday night.....the first one against the Cowboys in '97. There have been other night games (Sunday and Thursday) that we have won there, but MNF......only one. Now why the league has insisted that this turd of a team seemingly rates prime-time appearances several times per season, particularly in recent years, is beyond me.

As for Lavar and Dukes, I can agree with them that there was probably a fair share of turmoil with the Skins this past year. But greater than '09? I think what Fletcher was probably alluding to was that at least the team knew that the head guy was going to be back for the following season. In 2009, it was obvious that Zorn was a dead-man walking by mid-season.

I sent them an email once asking if Lavar would join the board and chat with us sometime. I heard nothing back of course. If it's good enough for Phillip Daniels, it should be for anyone...

I am pretty sure that he does come on this board. I cannot prove that of course.

I havent been able to listen to L&D for a few months because I have been overseas (Damn CBS radio). But when I am home, I enjoy listening to them on the drive home. It can be entertaining.

same reason everyone else does. you are all a bunch of smoochy-smooch little snyder salad-tossers.

now please ban me for life.

1980.gif

Don't bash the tossers or that wish may come true.

Interesting that they talk crap but when TK tries to converse he gets nothing. You would think that the show would at the least offer the offending party a platform to respond. They should be harrassed to respond with more detail.

It was also cool to find out Alex Trebek is a Skins fan.

ES is best fan forum in the league. I'm not just saying that bc I'm a homer here. I visit other NFL forums and I can tell you that ES is the easiest to navigate, we have no commercials, and the mods keep this place in order. Our high traffic volume is proof of how awesome this place is, especially in the ANFL section.

We can't thank the mods enough for what they do for us. They're a volunteer corp with few benefits to the job other than a love for this team.

Go to some other NFL boards and you'll see disaster areas. Sig pics that take up entire pages, ads between posts, thread topics mish mashed together regardless of relevance, drive by posters wrecking threads. That doesn't happen here.

Archived