Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question: Why does Lavar Arrington SPECIFICALLY dislike ExtremeSkins?

RonArtest15

Lavar and Dukes seem to like to make the case that anything owned by Danny is pro Danny. they go on and on about how 980 for examples sucks up to Danny -- which is ridiculous, guys like Czaben can be even more negative then them at Danny and the Skins. Either they don't actually read extreme-skins or listen to 980 or more likely its a self serving way for them to make the case that they are the only ones who are objective and whomever doesn't share their point of view all the time is bought for by Danny.

those guys to me are clowns. Everything is bad about the team. Shanny is the worst coach in the NFL, Danny the worst owner -- everything is some crazy conspiracy -- driven by a combination of evilness and stupidity according to them. and they talk as if they aren't spouting opinions but talk the absolute truth.

There are some good people on 106.7, I like Paulson a lot. He can be negative too but he can be balanced. And yeah i don't mind negativity but Lavarr and Duke to me are so boring and arrogant about it, everything is bad to them.

Interesting that they talk crap but when TK tries to converse he gets nothing.

I'm not surprised as it was after their show went off the air, but to be fair, I'll give him 24 from when I hit him up. Or he can come on here &ask for Ol Blue. I'll be in the corner holding my breath. :ols:

Lavar and Dukes are the Glenn Beck's and Sean Hannity's of Redskins Nation. All they do is bash and bash the Redskins every chance they get no matter what. They make points about how the skins really did nothing to improve the team last year but they fail to point out how the Skins were limited due to the limitations of Free Agency or they bring up that the skins are trying to keep Haynesworth so they can probably trade him but they bring up the fact that this is some how ruining the team. They screen their calls for poeple that agree with them and select a flew that do disagree with them and when talk to them they disparge any point that doesn't agree we their own. Then you have people like Marcus from college park come on (who I think is a paid employee of the station) call in who is a Dan Synder hater to the fullest and basically agree with them on everything. I do listen to them sometimes but it can be to much hating and nitpicking at times.

For me, I can't listen to the constant barrage of negativity. I think we could win the Super Bowl, and there would still be something to bash on 106.7 "The Moron." We didn't win impressively enough or something, and unfortunately La Var is a big part of that. They cater to the nuts that call in.

When we lose, it's we lost because we suck, the sky is falling, and there is no hope. When we win, it's more of the same but add "we got lucky" and "should have lost"

One particular topic that really soured me on La Var and Chad's show was the Shanahan vs. Haynesworth media circus. We have had nothing but discord and disorganization in Washington since Gibbs 1. We finally get a guy in here that knows how to win games, and wants to change a LOSING CULTURE in Washington. Many in the media and many of the "fans" come down on the side of a disgraceful 330 pound baby who's been paid millions to play a child's game and whines because he can't pick exactly to the tee how he plays? I can barely make ends meet one week to the next, and this fat slob is going to complain about what position he has to play? Are you ****ing kidding me? Then to listen to people defend him?

This sums up my thoughts on Lavar and Dukes specifically. There is one word that is forgotten in much of sports journalism and radio: objectivity. No the Redskins are NOT a good team. They have many, many holes. However, Lavar and Dukes cannot or will not give them any credit whatsoever. Yes, they got lucky on many wins. But they were unfortunate on many others too (i.e. holding on Orakpo on TD passes in both the Minnesota and TB that went uncalled). The hearted come-back against Dallas. The hard fought loss against the Bucs. There were times the Redskins played well. There are pieces that Shanny uncovered: Torain, Banks, Armstrong. There are good players in place in Landry, Williams and Orakpo.

However, listening to L&D, you'd think the Skins were the '08 Lions. No talent, no hope, nothing...and Shanahan is a schmuck and Snyder puppet. It's unbearable. Czaban is critical, but at least he can be objective. L&D are just obnoxious.

Lavar doesn't seem like he has the thickest skin in the world so it's not surprising that he'd think ill of this message board. Depending on the topic you have to have thick skin just to post here regularly! :ols:

Chad can't handle criticism at all so his dislike is no surprise. Not to mention he's been ripped up pretty badly on this site by people that knew him.

I called in to their show yesterday during the Fletcher comments segment. They asked whether this organization was more stable than that of the Zorn years. My answer was that it was simply because there's one guy making the decisions at the top, and not 5 like when Zorn was here. Pretty simple concept...one guy in charge is better than 5. He (being Dukes) vehemently disagreed and went on some rampage of certain players playing over others, etc. I tried to explain that you may not agree with Shanahans decisions and can nitpick his choices, but at the end of the day, he has the final say. That's better than the "coach by committee, prisoners run the jailhouse" thing that Zorn had going on. Of course, being that Chad Dukes is a whiny *****, cut me off without letting me finish my point.

Anyway, I take them with a grain of salt. I'm not sure what they're going to do when the Redskins start winning again...they might lose their jobs. Well, Lavar not so much. He actually seems like he wants the Skins to win. Dukes, OTOH, wants the team to fail just so he can say "I told you so."

LaVar the football player was great, loved his personality For a few seasons his play on the field was pretty impressive, if it involved LaVar doing what LaVar wanted to do, get to the Quarterback (when healthy). but i agree with the people on this thread that think LaVar has very thin skin. I'm indifferent to the guy now, used to love him, owned a #56 jersey and now when i listen to him and dukes I feel like they go out of their way to bash the skins, but when you have a different opinion than them, wow, you're gonna get reamed out.

sometimes after listening to one of Lavar's rants.. I am reminded of this quote from Billy Madison..

" what you just said is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point in your incoherent rambling response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all now dumber for having had listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul!!"

sometimes after listening to one of Lavar's rants.. I am reminded of this quote from Billy Madison..

" what you just said is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point in your incoherent rambling response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all now dumber for having had listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul!!"

again another reason why we need a hof thread post, cuz this one just topps them all. never can go wrong with billy madison.

Lavar doesn't seem like he has the thickest skin in the world so it's not surprising that he'd think ill of this message board. Depending on the topic you have to have thick skin just to post here regularly! :ols:

Chad can't handle criticism at all so his dislike is no surprise. Not to mention he's been ripped up pretty badly on this site by people that knew him.

:ols: I'd say that's hitting right on there. Especially that last part. You have to have tough skin just to be a member if you want to last any length of time.

Believe it or not, there are times when I agree with what I believe is Lavar's point. One of the problems I have with him is that he takes about 4 minutes (which on radio seems like 15) to navigate to his point. Lost in a sea of "I'm saying" and "to me" and "what I'm talkin' 'bout" is sometimes a relatively decent, albeit not earth-shattering point. Even Chad Dukes is sometimes tolerable. It's just that they don't really come up with anything special.

Their point, almost every day, is that Snyder hasn't done a good job. OK, you win! What they don't do a good job of doing is looking for recent trends or any positive movements by the organization. So, despite the fact that we've gone from Snyder essentially calling the shots (with a yes-man "GM" at the helm) to an organization with Bruce Allen AND Mike Shanahan between the owner and any on-field decisions, they still act as though everything comes down to Snyder not being capable of succeeding as an owner.

The truth is, even if the Redskins continue to struggle, from 2010 into the future...that will fall at the feet of Allen and Shanahan, not Snyder.

Lavar and Dukes are sniveling babies who have absolutely no idea how incredibly blessed they are to have that show. With all due respect to Lavar he has that job for ONE reason - his name. The guy can barely put together a coherent sentence, routinely uses words that don't mean what he thinks they mean and obviously believes that every single story is somehow actually about him.

How many times has this guy gone to the "papa bear" well? Every player he talks to is a guy he watches out for like an old granfather even when its painfully obvious the guy doesn't know who he is. He is constantly talking down to listeners and even guests because nobody can possibly get in the mind of a guy who played in the NFL like it is some secret society. Maybe in 1950, a former player would have a great deal of hidden gnostic knowledge about the locker room goings on but quite frankly in 2011, in the land of twitter, facebook, NFL Network, Youtube, etc etc etc, there are no more insiders.

Which leads me to my next problem with Lavar and Dukes. I shouldn't know more than the guy behind the microphone. AND I DO. I would LOVE the opportunity to actually debate these idiots one day on ANYTHING Redskins. I can't tell you how many times I sit behind the wheel of my car in horrible traffic and here Lavar say "Yea, uh, that dude playin behind Torraine ain't bad either. . . what's his name? He's a decent change of pacer, ahhh man I'm spacing on the name. . .." And I am screaming at the radio "Keiland Williams idiots!"

They have no idea what they are talking about. They throw out these absurd questions and then answer them for the callers and just dig into their position. There is no actual debate. You hear Dukes frame the question like this:

"In light of the Haynesworth Fiasco, the Donovan Mcnabb Debacle, and now suing City Paper, is it fair to say the Redskins are becoming and even more embarrassing franchise than the last ten years combined because I certainly think so. We'll be back after this."

Oh, and don't even think of trying to call in and disagree with the underlying premise of the completely slanted view of these two morons. Shanny is an idiot. Kyle only has the job because of nepotism (don't try to remind them that he was probably the brightest young offensive Coordinator in the league dring the Zorn years on his own merit and didn't need daddy to give him a job). You want the truth? They hate the skins. They're ratings are based on hating the skins and the absolute worst thing that could possibly happen to these two people is the skins turn this around.

They completely eschew facts and reason and base every argument on emotional drivel. They lump every decision made by this organization into a context of the last 12 years. Every signing of Willie Parker (for minimum incentive based contracts) is just Adam Archuleta II to these guys. Joey Galloway is NEVER a guy to teach the youngsters how to prepare and then cut 3/4s of the way through the season to let the youngsters step up. Brandon Banks was lucky. Cutting a guy who you just paid $31 million dollars to for two years "work" is a "no-brainer" even when your arch rival up the street runs his scheme and has his d-line coach. Donovan Mcnabb is treated horribly because . . he got benched and Rex Grossman actually played better. Every trade that involves a draft pick is "business as usual". Every free agent signing is "same old same old" even when its obviously quite different than the past.

They have an agenda and its one of hate. You want to know why he hates ES? Because we don't hate the Redskins. We love them. We can criticize them and be critical with the best of them. I can certainly point out our mistakes. Quite frankly, the organization has made enough of them that we don't have to make any up! These guys are jokes. I'd put half the folks on this board against Dukes or Lavar in a skins debate and they'd wipe the floor with those dudes.

Lastly, they are rude. This goes more to Dukes but how a fat sniveling, talentless weasle like Chad Dukes can repeatedly call his listeners "losers" and "idiots" if they clear their throat on the air or say "um" more than once is amazing to me. These guys are doing classic Howard Eskin schtick. Eskin is a guy in Philly on WIP for those who don't know. He probably has the highest ratings on the highest rated sports talk radio station in the world. How does he do it? He berates and belittles the listeners constantly. They hate him so much that they constantly listen, call in and fight with him. The difference is Eskin knows what he is talking about, is highly intelligent and can usually spin dumb philly listeners around like a top.

Lavar and Dukes berate and belittle the intelligence of listeners who are far more intelligent than they are and certainly more knowledgeable about the Washington Redskins. They're haters. Pure and simple. They make rating by hating the Redskins at a time when fan base is historically low.

You can listen to Czabe or Sheehan or any number of guys on "Snyders Station" and they will criticize the Skins. They just do so in a way that is logical and evidence based. Lavar and Dukes are dancing bears. Rude, ignorant dancing bears. Personally, the skins turning this franchise around will be just a little bit sweeter because of these two idiots who will suddenly have nothing to talk about. I for one would absolutely love it.

I think Mr. Skinbo summed up my feelings on LaVar. I loved him as a player and defended him and his legacy with the team against those who simply dismissed him as a "freelancer" or tried to pin the failings of the Redskins between 2000-2004 on him. However I have become indifferent to him since he's become a commentator. He certainly has the right to say whatever he wants however I just don't think he or his partner have much insight as to what is going on with the Redskins organization right now.

If LaVar wants to tell stories about his playing days or what happened in this game or that play, I'm all ears and love to listen to it. His rantings on the current state of the Redskins, not so much.

Their point, almost every day, is that Snyder hasn't done a good job. OK, you win! What they don't do a good job of doing is looking for recent trends or any positive movements by the organization. .

They aren't struggling to do a good job of looking for trends of improvement. They actively, purposefully and intentionally hide, deny and cover up any signs of such inprovement. They're show thrives on this team struggling. It has no other point. They aren't discussing ANYTHING, ever that is done right. And there is plenty of stuff to praise about this new regime. There is plenty of stuff that explains some of the decisions. There is plenty of reason why we don't just become superbowl contenders smoothly in one uncapped CBA excepted off-season. They don't want to hear it. They don't want to see it. They want to blwo their own horns. Hear themselves speak and fan the flames of discontent. And they do it for only one reason. Ratings.

Lavar was one of my all-time favorite players but man he isn't a good sports analyst and neither is Chad Dukes..he looks like a World of Warcraft nerd, how did he get that job?

I guarantee that both of them have accounts on ES. I'd love for them to step up and reveal themselves one day.

---------- Post added March-10th-2011 at 11:01 AM ----------

No sweat. You've been energetic in douchery for awhile now and your user notes already suggest your ejection as a good course. :)

And this is one of the best quotes I've read on ES so far this year.

Sent: Mar 10, 2011 10:49a

clarification there are a bunch of nasty mouth individuals who post inaccurate hurtful MSG on that site is that clear? @TKextremeskins

sent via web

On Twitter: http://twitter.com/LaVarArrington/status/45873832959033344

Sent: Mar 10, 2011 10:52a

@LaVarArrington Tell you what. I'll set you up an account so you can come on & address whatever inaccuracies (cont) http://tl.gd/973frc

sent via ÃœberSocial in reply to @LaVarArrington

On Twitter: http://twitter.com/TKextremeskins/status/45874763696062464

Article by Dan Steinberg back in 2008 before Lavarr joined the Washington Post.

LaVar Cracks on Snyder, Gibbs

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/11/lavar_cracks_on_snyder_gibbs.html

My favorite part........

There's a special cell under Redskins Park, in which special little chairs have been set aside for guys like this. With any luck, LaVar and JLC will be able to make small talk there one day.

Archived