Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question: Why does Lavar Arrington SPECIFICALLY dislike ExtremeSkins?

RonArtest15

Because certain people on here are like little tyrants on some sort of a power trip and freedom to say what you really want to is severely limited here, back off and let people express themselves

"Severely limited" my ass. :ols:

So here we have (what a surprise) yet another guy with multiple rule violations from multiple moderators in his user notes whining about "oppression" in an attempt to insult while seriously talking out his ass.

First, obviously (painfully so in fact) a great deal of latitude exists in this forum for posters "expressing themselves" on all topics and allowing all points of view as long as they remain within the forum rules. People who find this too restrictive are free to go elsewhere. :)

There's a school of thought that suggests taking a moderator action on a post like yours is "feeding the fire" or "proving the poster's point" or some similar convoluted and self-defeating reasoning that I reject for the simple-minded tripe it usually is. :)

I'm much more of the mind that culling the herd at times is one of the greatest services that can be done for ES. :cool:

So I am going to alleviate your suffering from the tyranny of ES permanently. I am happy to risk making your claims of "little tyrants on power trips" seem even marginally more real to such minds as yours. :)

well Jumbo.... there have been some mods in the past that have in fact acted a little tyrannical and acted as if there opinion was the only one that matters. i havent been on the board much as of late to say that is the case now but it has been an issue in the past. you can say we dont see everything and while that is true .... it doesnt matter. i know what i HAVE seen and i have just assumed the roll of not arguing with those that i know to be mods and to be careful in disagreement with them as well. seeing EVERYTHING isnt whats important.... it is what we DO SEE that shapes our perceptions and "perception is in fact reality"

well Jumbo.... there have been some mods in the past that have in fact acted a little tyrannical and acted as if there opinion was the only one that matters. i havent been on the board much as of late to say that is the case now but it has been an issue in the past. you can say we dont see everything and while that is true .... it doesnt matter. i know what i HAVE seen and i have just assumed the roll of not arguing with those that i know to be mods and to be careful in disagreement with them as well. seeing EVERYTHING isnt whats important.... it is what we DO SEE that shapes our perceptions and "perception is in fact reality"

I have no problem as a mod or a member with how you "expressed" yourself. :pfft:

You identified your perception for what it is and limited it in failry reasonable fashion. :)

People can disagree or agree on such matters reasonably without insult or misrepresentation.

Also, when a decison is being made for a current actual moderator action, a history of having received previous multiple moderator actions definitely can come into play. :)

BTW, mi amigo, while I have no ill-will at all with your "mod perceptions" at face value (though I generally disagree with them) I am just going to point out that, once again, you too are someone with 5 different rule violations from 4 different mods, and none of then have to do with whether you're "agreeing" with mods on a thread topic or not (it never does).

I tend to suspect that all the people (the vast majority here) who have no such tally of rule violations may see a pattern relevant to whose perception may be shaped by what.

---------- Post added March-12th-2011 at 04:13 PM ----------

Lavar never said he didnt like the people who run the board. I was listening. He said he didnt like the people on the board. Not once did he single out the mods.

My best take is Lavar is not so much riled about the mods (though he may have some feelings about some past or present), but suspects (wrongly) "Danny's Hand" in how the board is run and just has a hard-on against the organization in some (not all) ways.

I don't have any problems with Lavar or Dukes. I don't listen too often but when I do, I'm more entertained by their show than any other show on that station. I definitely miss the days of WJFK because much of the content on that station now is the same thing over and over again. UnWise Mike is highly boring making the mid-day show on that station unbearable most days. I think, as it pertains the the L and D show, that Lavar offers a great insight into the sport regardless of anyone's opinion of him. I might not always agree with what he says but he knows more about the players than we ever will. Dukes is very opinionated, which he has been since the days of the O and D Show, which was much, much better in my opinion. I'd love to have a beer or six with Dukes and shoot the ****, he's probably a real cool guy.

I think that saying that they don't like the members of the board is rather ignorant though. We have all sorts of folks with all sorts of opinions around here. It may seem like most of the people here don't care for Lavar or the Lavar and Dukes Show but in general the naysayers will always be the most outspoken. If I had a chance to meet or hang out with either of them, I'd jump on the opportunity.

well Jumbo.... there have been some mods in the past that have in fact acted a little tyrannical and acted as if there opinion was the only one that matters

you know who else does that? EVERYONE ON THE ****ING WEBSITE. :doh:

Good lord we've got some sallies on this site. My 4 year old doesn't wine as much.

you know who else does that? EVERYONE ON THE ****ING WEBSITE. :doh:

Good lord we've got some sallies on this site. My 4 year old doesn't wine as much.

NO not everyone on the site. i for one am an open minded dare i say "liberal" who recognizes that i dont know everything and i actually come here to opine as well as learn from other peoples perspectives. however, i thank you nonetheless for singling me out for ridicule thereby making yourself the example that many have referred to in this thread.

i would further like to say that i dont envy the job as a moderator in this forum. i dont have the time to it takes to do what the mods do. i just think that at times some of them get so consumed by what they do that they are deeply invested in it and take offense at times when maybe they shouldnt. it is often difficult to be critical of yourself when you have so much time invested into something.

---------- Post added March-12th-2011 at 07:36 PM ----------

unfortunately i dont get to hear the the lavar show on my radio so most of what i know about it comes from posts on this site. i will say that one thing i remember from lavars time here was in the first season of the nfl network. im pretty sure that was spurriers first season with us. the network did a "in the locker room" segment where they visited with a player from every team and went behind the scenes at every park. lavar was our rep and when he came out of the weight room he pointed to a footlocker and mentioned that was where the play books were stored for playwers to get one and take to learn. he opened it up and the thing was half full and he was very visible in his disgust at the team for not having taken their books to learn the new plays and schemes.

like him or not he seemed to be genuine in his desire to be a part of an organization where the players cared and tried, which it appears at that time they did not.

....there have been some mods in the past that have in fact acted a little tyrannical and acted as if there opinion was the only one that matters. i havent been on the board much as of late to say that is the case now but it has been an issue in the past. you can say we dont see everything and while that is true .... it doesnt matter. i know what i HAVE seen ... however, i thank you nonetheless for singling me out for ridicule thereby making yourself the example that many have referred to in this thread.

Zoony did not single you out. He responded to your post.

I've read through countless posts for many many years, and you know what? Not one single time have I seen a mod discipline someone for disagreeing with him - or using a disagreement, directly or indirectly, as a pretense for discipline.

Think you have? Then show us an example. Do a search and let's see it.

You won't find one.

The more pertinent question is why do poster's on ES give this self absorbed, gutless, complete waste of God given natural talent through his own arrogance, Redskins hating, narcissistical gob ***** the time of day on here? Or ANYWHERE for that matter. How anyone can still back that jack ass and call themselves a 'Skin's fan is utterly beyond me.

(And yes, the irony of my response in a thread on the said D/Bag isn't lost on me, and frustrates the living piss out of me that I have. :mad:.).

Hail.

I feel so sorry for Redskins fans under the age of 30. Lavar and Portis were the best players you guys had to watch? They both sucked ass and are now gone from our franchise. We have 1 playoff win to show for it. Lavar wouldn't even start for any of our Superbowl Teams. That includes the 72 team. I dislike Lavar because of how he runs this team under the bus. LAVAR YOU GOT BENCHED FOR WARRICK HOLDMAN!!!!

Also I do think they need to let people express themselves on this Board. I was banned because I vented on portis who everyone loves. Can;t understand the love for a guy who ran this team and coaches into the ground.

Redskins need to fix the front office 1st then the message boards. I'm a die hard redskins fan who is giving this team one more chance woth Allen and Shanahan to make this work the right way. They should be given 5 years to fixs this dumpster fire created by Vinny and Danny. If they fired Bruce and Danny after next year..... I'm done and will find a new team.

If they fired Bruce and Danny after next year..... I'm done and will find a new team.

I was pretty much nodding away reading your post, save for Portis "sucking ass" (You may not agree with his antics, but come on man, he far from "sucked ass" out on the field. Not a top echelon back, but a darn good one who gave everything he had come Sunday for this organization); but that quoted last line changed me from nodding to shaking my head.

Being a fan of a sports team, in this case football; is not like a consumer who decides "I don't like Wallmart, let's go to Giant this week." It's often the most important thing in life outside of one's faith and family; in most cases passed down from father to son. You may not agree with what the organization does, but you remain a fan regardless. There's no logic to it. You wouldn't put yourself through the emotions we do for this team in most anything else in life. But you do. Because it's YOUR team.

If you can seriously say straight faced you'd be "done and will find another team"; REGARDLESS of what they do you don't personally agree with; then maybes it's time to take a long hard look at yourself and admit you never truly were a fan of this team to start with.

Redskin from cradle to grave. NO exceptions!

Hail.

I've been a Redskins fan for 25 years. The last 11 years under Snyder have been awful I'm not the only one who feels this way. I will not continue to be a whore to this team unless drastic change happens. So far I like what I see, but it's going to take time for me to get back to where I was in terms of fanatical. I love them still, but it get's harder each day.

Yes portis did suck and he's now gone.

Also I do think they need to let people express themselves on this Board. I was banned because I vented on portis who everyone loves. Can;t understand the love for a guy who ran this team and coaches into the ground.

We do. As long as you do it within the confines of the Rules YOU agreed to when you registered your account here. And yes, you were banned after being given an in thread warning to slow your troll, which you ignored. That's on YOU, not the board, or the folks here that run it for free in their spare time.

We do. As long as you do it within the confines of the Rules YOU agreed to when you registered your account here. And yes, you were banned after being given an in thread warning to slow your troll, which you ignored. That's on YOU, not the board, or the folks here that run it for free in their spare time.

Wow, you guys are fast. I was just thinking to myself, that this guy just kept repeating his dislike for Lavar, and his dislike for most things Redskins...

I caught the end of the show today...the whole slavery and Adrian Peterson thing...Good God LaVar was painful to listen to. Seriously, I mean he thinks he is smart cuz was a Psychology major or some **** like that. I'm not going to call him stupid, but he really isn't an expert on anything. At least the Junkies admit that they're stupid. And at least they make me laugh once in a while. LaVar's show isn't A) Funny, or B) Informative. So what is the point of giving him 5 hours a day in a huge market? Isn't his contract up this summer? Might be time to give that time slot to someone else.

Archived