Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question: Why does Lavar Arrington SPECIFICALLY dislike ExtremeSkins?

RonArtest15

Lavar was out of control the other day about the Slavery thing. I mean out of control. When I hear him like that I feel so powerless. We should be able to get his ass booted off that station in a matter of minutes. We just can't organize it. Without a DOUBT collectively we have the power to get that moron off the radio. He was calling that teacher "ignorant". My blood was boiling. Yet I suppose I was giving him what he wanted. I listened. Its like watching a train wreck at this point. I tune into hear him and that fat moron chad just blast listeners for disagreeing with them.

Lavar was just yelling over the guy every time he started to make his point (which was right on by the way). Lavar is a joke. He hides behind that microphone and his ability to hang up on the callers. He hides behind twitter. He's a punk. Straight up. I'd LOVE to get twenty minutes with him on air with equal volume and equal speaking time. I'd have that moron limping away never to return. He's a moron.

---------- Post added March-17th-2011 at 08:54 PM ----------

I don't think the slaves lived quite as well as these NFL players do. To make any kind of comparison, is a total insult to all those people who actually were slaves, and those that fought the civil rights movement.

I don't know of any NFL players that have been raped, whipped, and tortured, on top of hard labor being enforced on them from sun up to sundown. The last I heard, being an NFL player was voluntary. If some of them feel they are "slaves" maybe they would be better off finding another career.

Oh my God I didn't even get to the "merits" of this moron's rant. I was so appalled at how he treated the guys that were pointing out how absurd it was. EVEN IF there was ANY rational basis to side with Petersen on his absolutely ludicrous statement, Arrington went way over the line in the way he treated his listeners, "the fans". He's an ass.

But as for the merits: Its the most obscene thing in the world. Its flat out racist. Lavar can say if Peyton Manning said it, he'd feel the same way but he is absolutely full of it. If a white player says this, there is absolute hell to pay. The idea that slavery is not associated in the collective consciousness of African Americans is absolutely ridiculous. of course it is. The debate about "reparations" showed us that. Our entire civil rights jurisprudence was born to eradicate the remnants of slavery and the civil rights movement was largely an African American movement. It is RACIST for ANYONE to refer to a 10 million dollar a year job as slavery. But ya know what, AP is black so even I will let him get away with his racism. He only insults his own heritage. His own race. The same way thugs use the "N" word. Sure, they can get away with it, but it only demeans all that those before them have died and worked for.

Slavery however, at its core, is not about race per se. Its not about power per se. Its not even really about "ownership". Its about "freedom". Period. The distinctive mark of slavery is the theft of one's freedom. Adrian Petersen has not had his freedom stolen. Far from it. In fact, his profession and the "owners" have given him the freedom that few people have. Freedom to walk away and remain free from every having to labor again. He is the most free individual on earth. He is the direct antithesis of slavery. A plumber who HAS to pay the bills and therefore MUST work is more of a slave (and even then, he IS NOT a slave). The notion that these spoiled babies are slaves is insulting on so many levels.

The bottom line is Lavar arrington and Adrian Petersen share the same disease. Its the disease that many celebrities and athletes share. Its DISILLUSIONMENT. Its chronic "out of touch" disease. Lavar Arrington rants about how college players should be paid and how they get robbed by the NCAA. He rants about how the nfl players are slaves because there are "owners" in the NFL (failing utterly to realize that they don't own the players, they own the franchises and that Bill Gates is an "owner" of Microsoft, yet he owns no slaves as a result. Arrington sees the players as "commodities" and as a result bashes every caller who makes an analogy to the players being like any other employee. Arrington fails to realize that if the distinctive mark of an NFL player is that they are the "product" or "commodity" then they share the same fate with strippers and hookers.

At the core of it all is that Lavar Arrington went to a college that he wouldn't have been able to even visit without his athletic prowess. He had the entitlement (yet obviously not the aptitude) to get a world class college education that I guarantee his grades and SAT wouldn't have otherwise allowed and he discards it as "nothing".

He played football for millions and millions of dollars for a world class organization in front of the greatest fans on earth and couldn't even follow the damn playbook because he knew better than his coaches.

He drove his motorcycle 100 miles an hour and almost got himself killed because the rules don't apply to this moron.

He open a restaurant and stiffs his hard working staff because business doesn't give a crap who he is and he will actually have to have a brain to make it work and he doesn't. Screw the help right lavar? After all, its your world.

Now, he gets paid a small fortune to yell at the 'regular folk" call THEM morons even when they are obviously kicking his ass in any rational debate, and why? Because he played football. The world has been handed to this guy. Absolute gift. He, like AP, believe that the world is just their playground. And why would they think any different? And the first time that business requires some effort, he folds. The first time the owners of a football franchise point out that these moron players couldn't possibly get a league off the ground without them, they pull out the "we are slaves" card while walking around with $10,000,000 a year!! The audacity of these spoiled babies. I hear lavar rant like a spoiled child, siding with morons like Adrian petersen over a white teacher who is asserting the rights of Lavar's heritage way more than he is, and my blood boils and I am shocked. But I shouldn't be. Lavar Arrington couldn't last five minutes in my life. Yours either. He's an infant throwing himself on the ground until someone gives him a binky and when they finally do. . . . he'll tell you its not good enough for him. He's a poser. A fraud. I'd call him and tell him so, but he'd never give someone like me enough time to point reality out to him.

This sort of reminds me of a late-life video interview with Jackie Gleason which I saw a long time ago. I remember it because I thought it was kind of fascinating that Gleason complained about the money. They paid him all this money - and THEN - after he got used to the lifestyle, they made him do things. And he always did what he was asked because he was terrified of losing his lifestyle. He was terrified they would take the money away. So he always did what he was asked - basically out of fear.

He didn't use the word slavery, but he implied it.

---------- Post added March-17th-2011 at 10:35 PM ----------

This sort of reminds me of a late-life video interview with Jackie Gleason which I saw a long time ago. I remember it because I thought it was kind of fascinating that Gleason complained about the money. They paid him all this money - and THEN - after he got used to the lifestyle, they made him do things. And he always did what he was asked because he was terrified of losing his lifestyle. He was terrified they would take the money away. So he always did what he was asked - basically out of fear.

---------- Post added March-17th-2011 at 10:35 PM ----------

---------- Post added March-17th-2011 at 10:36 PM ----------

lol... this version of ES is buggy.

Double posting gets people banne.. nvm

But on brotherz post, i felt the same way, sometimes i think Lavar just says things to get a reaction, I noticed when Portis was released he was pretty much saying that he didn't deserve to be even a top 3 Redskins running back but the next day he was "annoyed" that Portis wasn't given enough attention after being cut and how great he was for the team.

I think it would be appropriate to remove Brotherz' post and sticky it at the top of the forum w/ a "Dear Lavar Arrington" title, so next time he's on here hiding behind his computer and reading posts without revealing himself, he can see how the fans really feel about him.

I think it would be appropriate to remove Brotherz' post and sticky it at the top of the forum w/ a "Dear Lavar Arrington" title, so next time he's on here hiding behind his computer and reading posts without revealing himself, he can see how the fans really feel about him.

This is a great suggestion...if Brotherz started a new thread with that post as the OP, would TK or another mod sticky it? That would be great.

This is a great suggestion...if Brotherz started a new thread with that post as the OP, would TK or another mod sticky it? That would be great.

As the thread starter, I'm all for Brotherz post being cut/pasted into my original post. Shoot, the mods can even change the thread title if they see fit. Point being, Brotherz post NEEDS to be read by more people...

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Wow, your post was eloquent, and almost brilliant in its delivery. Well said. If Lavar does lurk on this message board, and does read your post, I would believe the look on his face would be priceless. Evenmore so because he wouldnt respond, out of fear of outing himself on this board, and having to face the opinions and facts brought forth by Redskins fans and some of his listeners.

Lavar thinks he is the prodigal son returned to Washington. He really is the 30 something child that has to move back into his parents basement because life on his own somewhere else was just too hard.

Archived