Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question: Why does Lavar Arrington SPECIFICALLY dislike ExtremeSkins?

RonArtest15

Geez guys I am blushing over here. I wish I would have known it would go over so well, I would have paid more attention to grammar and think out a bit more! I was just ranting! The guy just drives me nuts!! HAHAHAHAAHA!

Grammar is overrated. Real writers could get their point across no matter what. You sir not only got your point across, but you single handily destroyed a persons manhood in the classiest way possible.

:applause:

I too was listening to lavar when he went on his slavery rant and know exactly how you felt brotherz. My blood was boiling as well and I kept listening. I was embarrassed for him. I think what really got him pissed was Chad disagreeing with lavar, and in turn made lavar look like an ass because Chad was making some great points as to why lavar was way off base. This is when he started yelling like a complete tool and talking over that one teacher. He was so condescending, at one point saying something like, "what do you know teach? You don't know ****, your just a teacher" or something to the effect.

He lost what little remaining respect I had for him after this bull****. There are so many things you could call this guy I wouldn't know where to start. There is no doubt in my mind lavar will or has already read every post in this thread. A guy like that with an ego like that couldnt resist reading a thread all about himself. So **** you lavar. **** you.

I too was listening to lavar when he went on his slavery rant and know exactly how you felt brotherz. My blood was boiling as well and I kept listening. I was embarrassed for him. I think what really got him pissed was Chad disagreeing with lavar, and in turn made lavar look like an ass because Chad was making some great points as to why lavar was way off base. This is when he started yelling like a complete tool and talking over that one teacher. He was so condescending, at one point saying something like, "what do you know teach? You don't know ****, your just a teacher" or something to the effect.

He lost what little remaining respect I had for him after this bull****. There are so many things you could call this guy I wouldn't know where to start. There is no doubt in my mind lavar will or has already read every post in this thread. A guy like that with an ego like that couldnt resist reading a thread all about himself. So **** you lavar. **** you.

Yea, the teacher really pushed me over the line too. The guy was respectful, intelligent, eloquent and right on point to the issue posed. He wasn't screaming, calling anyone names. He simply stated that as a HISTORY teacher the notion that current NFL players are slaves is ludicrous. Lavar goes nuts, oozing his obvious insecurity. The only guy they ever let talk is that tool Marcus from College Park and that's only because the guy reads a prepared script of why the skins suck and will always suck. (I always chuckle imagining that dude writing his 3rd draft of his call around 1:30pm all excited to call in that day) They sit there and listen to that and then say "great call Marcus". Its the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Its called sports-TALK radio dumbass. Its supposed to be a conversation. A back and forth. An exchange of ideas. God its frustrating man.

Yea, the teacher really pushed me over the line too. The guy was respectful, intelligent, eloquent and right on point to the issue posed. He wasn't screaming, calling anyone names. He simply stated that as a HISTORY teacher the notion that current NFL players are slaves is ludicrous. Lavar goes nuts, oozing his obvious insecurity. The only guy they ever let talk is that tool Marcus from College Park and that's only because the guy reads a prepared script of why the skins suck and will always suck. (I always chuckle imagining that dude writing his 3rd draft of his call around 1:30pm all excited to call in that day) They sit there and listen to that and then say "great call Marcus". Its the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Its called sports-TALK radio dumbass. Its supposed to be a conversation. A back and forth. An exchange of ideas. God its frustrating man.

Yeah, you're spot on about that Marcus dude. I've heard a few of that windbag's calls and you're right. Totally scripted. And they let him do it because it's not only negative, but extremely so. It supports that stations agenda. It supports Lavar's agenda.

The worst part about it is we listen. We listen to this dick and he wins at the end of the day. If 980 would just put someone else in the 2pm slot I'd probably never listen to 106.7. Actually not true because the Tony kornheiser show might just be the worst radio I've ever listened to. DC might have the worst sports talk radio in the whole country. Kevin Sheehan is the only guy I really like.

The worst part about it is we listen. We listen to this dick and he wins at the end of the day. If 980 would just put someone else in the 2pm slot I'd probably never listen to 106.7. Actually not true because the Tony kornheiser show might just be the worst radio I've ever listened to. DC might have the worst sports talk radio in the whole country. Kevin Sheehan is the only guy I really like.

Well, some of us knew he was a ****ing prick since 2004. :)

• 1 month later...

Anyone listening today? Im sick of hearing Dukes' corny comment of "We are like the Bill O'Reilly show...only successfull" WTF?

And Im so tired of Lavar acting like he knows everything about every topic.

I listen because it amazes me the bull**** they ramble about. 2 weeks ago they tried to fill a 5-HOUR show by spending over 2 hours talking about the atmosphere at the verizon center

Anyone listening today? Im sick of hearing Dukes' corny comment of "We are like the Bill O'Reilly show...only successfull" WTF?

And Im so tired of Lavar acting like he knows everything about every topic.

I listen because it amazes me the bull**** they ramble about. 2 weeks ago they tried to fill a 5-HOUR show by spending over 2 hours talking about the atmosphere at the verizon center

That's the "Collin Cowherd" method of snagging listeners, I believe. Whether he realizes it or not (and I suspect he does), LaVar does have a radio persona. TK talks about how he and Wilbon often have to pick sides that they really don't believe in for PTI, and bad local radio isn't any different.

same reason everyone else does. you are all a bunch of smoochy-smooch little snyder salad-tossers.

now please ban me for life.

That was absolutely hilarious. Not sure why this thread was bumped to the main page but that was a post I missed when it first started and let out a good laugh when I read it.

That was absolutely hilarious. Not sure why this thread was bumped to the main page but that was a post I missed when it first started and let out a good laugh when I read it.

Ive stopped listening to that station right around the time of this little tantrum by Lavar. Ill tune in at night to see if they are broadcasting a Caps game (instead of broadcasting playoff hockey, they broadcast regular season nats baseball) or if they let the Overtime guys broadcast, but if neither of them are on, i switch to something else. I listen to Kornheiser in the afternoons, and podcast of JT the Brick or Ben Maller show if im driving in the morning. On the weekends, Ill only listen to 106.7 if Kev and Rock are on. The station just isn't that good anymore, in my opinion at least.

Chad Dukes is going to be gone real soon. Him and Drab were both suspended last week. Dukes came back today, Drab is off the show permanently. Apparently Dukes and Drab were texting one another during a show late last week, making fun of Lavar and talking **** about him ("Lavar butchered the show") and of course Lavar sees it. Dukes' contract is up real soon. He's not going to be back.

Decent chance Lavar is gone soon as well. Dukes is a douche and a bad fit for the format, Lavar is just lazy, hasn't grown as a broadcaster and essentially just wings it (no show prep at all). They might try sticking another host with Lavar to see if that helps but if it doesn't he's gone.

I haven't seen specific Arbitron numbers, but in general 106.7 as a whole is getting absolutely destroyed. Like 20th in the market. And Lavar and Dukes can't say **** about being the top rated sports show anymore. In March they were 18th, Czabe was 11th. The show sucks and the show is dying.

Chad Dukes and Drab were both suspended last week. Dukes came back today, Drab is off the show permanently. Dukes' contract is up real soon. He's not going to be back.

Is there a link to this, or just speculation?

If it happens, I hope Kevin and Rock get that prime time slot.

Is there a link to this, or just speculation?

If it happens, I hope Kevin and Rock get that prime time slot.

For what part? The suspension?

http://staatalent.com/2011/headlines/wjfk-suspends-chad-dukes/

His contract being up soon is pretty well known. And he's been making inferences to not being back on his Big O and Flukes podcast.

The best site for DC radio news is dcrtv.com. It's confusing as **** to navigate, but if you can get it figured out, they have EVERYTHING you could ever want to know about local radio.

I gave Lavar and Dukes a fair shake in the beginning, but the show is now completely lost and unlikeable. Haven't listen to the show in months. Czabe and crew on 980 have my drive home time.

If they extend Lavar to another contract it will be a kiss of death. I smell format change. Wise sucks, L and D sucks and the Junkies well are the Junkies. No wonder 106.7 is sucking wind.

I listen to them every weekday on the drive home. I don't get 980 down here so its my only choice. But I don't get all the hate. I mean there are times when I think they suck but for the most part, it's just listening and laughing at what they have to say. I think it is enteraining, just not informative.

I gave Lavar and Dukes a fair shake in the beginning, but the show is now completely lost and unlikeable. Haven't listen to the show in months. Czabe and crew on 980 have my drive home time.

If they extend Lavar to another contract it will be a kiss of death. I smell format change. Wise sucks, L and D sucks and the Junkies well are the Junkies. No wonder 106.7 is sucking wind.

totally agree and same here. I listened to it in the beginning and it was decent.. but overtime Lavar has gotten more and more conceited and just turned into a ranting ******* that believes he is right and has the final say on everything. I stopped listening cause I couldn't stand it anymore, haven't heard it in a couple months.

Archived