Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Dorcas Reilly, inventor of the green bean casserole, a Thanksgiving favorite, has died at 92.

Campbell Soup Company posted the following information on their website:

It is with great sadness that we share the news of the passing of Dorcas Reilly, 92, the creator of one of the most beloved recipes in America, the Green Bean Casserole. Dorcas was an incredible woman, whose legacy will live on in more than 20 million American households this Thanksgiving.

>> I have looked and looked and looked, but I can't find anywhere if they will be serving this at the meal after her funeral. 

BTW, I am not a fan of this stuff and avoid it.

Is her first name really pronounced like it looks?  Dorcas?

yep,,,,,,,,,,,as a girls' name is pronounced DOR-kuss.

A city in China is planning to launch an ‘artificial moon’ that will light up the skies as far as 50 miles around.

The so-called illumination satellite set to deploy over the southwestern city of Chengdu in 2020 is touted to be eight times as bright as the real moon, to cast a ‘dusk-like glow’ over the region, according to the People’s Daily.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6288037/China-reveals-plans-launch-artificial-moon-light-city-skies-2020.html

My thoughts on this:

Pretty sneaky China, but we are on to you.

10 hours ago, MarkB452 said:

A city in China is planning to launch an ‘artificial moon’ that will light up the skies as far as 50 miles around.

The so-called illumination satellite set to deploy over the southwestern city of Chengdu in 2020 is touted to be eight times as bright as the real moon, to cast a ‘dusk-like glow’ over the region, according to the People’s Daily.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6288037/China-reveals-plans-launch-artificial-moon-light-city-skies-2020.html

My thoughts on this:

Well they need some way to see through the smog.

Think my siblings are mad at me.  The younger one posted a clip of founder of weather channel trying to debunk climate change and I explained that instead of me posting a video saying the opposite I watched the whole thing and looked at the individual claims,especially the ones that made me most uncomfortable. 

Told her I did that because that's what I would expect from them if post something and that just posting something that says the opposite can't be any better if I don't check my source and their sources as well.  I picked one claim to address and her response was she was just sharing what she was watching.  I can't tell her to stop sending me stuff like that like it's a valid source just because the guy is wearing a suit, I dont want her to stop trying (she mentioned feeling frustrated the way I come after her sources, but I told her thats how that works in the real world). We're at a point that a sources credibility matters now more then ever, just as much as their individual claims. There's just too much propaganda now to treat anything that looks "legit" as legit.

It's absolutely no help our brother posts a video from some anarchist site saying we're all screwed anyway and there's no point in even trying.  I feel like a lot of people chalk up the inevitability of our failure as a civilization to "nothing they can do about it" because part of them honestly believes it won't effect them anyway, it will be after they are gone or right on the line.  That's not the point, not your problem is not the way to look at this, though I think both of them are on fence on having kids, which is huge reason I look at this differently then they do, I know it is.

My random thought of the day ( please don't make it political)...

At some point every family was poor. I have no issue spending money to help and build. 

I do hate wasting money. 

Key word: Build. 

4 hours ago, LD0506 said:

"Mom stole my phone"...

"Must be you right ? " 

Archived