Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

13 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

My youth flag football team has a tournament next Sunday. I texted everyone not to forget to turn their clocks back but it autocorrected to “don’t forget to turn your ****s black”

you do know that the autocorrect learns from YOUR specific texting history, right?

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Damn Dodgers didn't show up in the WS. Now the Sox are champs but even worse there's no Game 7 on Halloween. So what am I supposed to do Wednesday? 

I don't really feel like giving out candy to strange kids I've never met in my life so I'm going across the street to the local brewery to drink my butt off. But the problem is there's nothing good on TV now that the WS is over. Geez. This sucks. 

jeez gramps.... how old is that dead dessicated hole in your chest....??

Damn-kids-GET-OFF-MY-LAWN.jpg

Yeah. I'm not a big fan of Halloween. Last year nobody even came to the door. Had the lights on inside and everything (but not the outdoor lights cause the bulb burned out). Brought a whole bag of candy and nobody came. 

Then I moved somewhere else so kids would probably come this time but I don't really feel like giving candy out, again, to strange kids I've never seen in my life. So I am pretty much going to hide in the brewery until the kids stop trick or treating. 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Bought a Barbour jacket this weekend.  Always wanted one.

I did too!  Birthday present, actually. 

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Yeah. I'm not a big fan of Halloween. Last year nobody even came to the door. Had the lights on inside and everything (but not the outdoor lights cause the bulb burned out). Brought a whole bag of candy and nobody came. 

Then I moved somewhere else so kids would probably come this time but I don't really feel like giving candy out, again, to strange kids I've never seen in my life. So I am pretty much going to hide in the brewery until the kids stop trick or treating. 

My neighborhood is ****ing crazy on Halloween.  We'll get close to 1000 kids.  On years where it falls on a weekend, it's well over 1000.  There is no point in even opening and closing the door, I just set up a table and chairs in my garage, a cooler of beer, a 5 gallon bucket of candy, and get drunk and throw candy at children as they stream past.  

28 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

My neighborhood is ****ing crazy on Halloween.  We'll get close to 1000 kids.  On years where it falls on a weekend, it's well over 1000.  There is no point in even opening and closing the door, I just set up a table and chairs in my garage, a cooler of beer, a 5 gallon bucket of candy, and get drunk and throw candy at children as they stream past.  

where is that..?   

i LOVE halloween!!

we get what i consider a ton of kids... but that is probably about 100 to 200 ish kids (on weekends)      

we used to put out 20 or 30-plus jack-o-lanterns (back when clarksburg maryland used to have their pumpkin festival.... i miss that!!!!! :(... and people would refer to our house as "the pumpkin house" now that my kids are older, we are down to 5 to 10 pumpkins.  

yester-year   (ours were <only> about 50 of that total ;) )  

19665341864_d69ff6199a_k.thumb.jpg.d85bdc217f26273d77b975d87d4b12b3.jpg

last year....

37293741104_569f43c1da_k.thumb.jpg.d154c523f2c2c87c945f6da32d2ed216.jpg

Just now, mcsluggo said:

where is that..?   

My relatively large townhouse community in Alexandria.  All of the kids from the surrounding areas come to my community because 1) you can cover more townhouses than single family homes and 2) people go overboard with it.  I'll try to add video from last year.  

Neighbor did a legit professional looking redskins logo pumpkin last year, it was awesome.

My neighborhood kinda sucks for halloween. Its town houses, lots of kids ... but Im the only house with stuff up. Well get 100-200 kids but I want my kid to have that classic 80s halloween experience. running around, house after house decorated, home owners trying to scare kids, older kids chasing you for your candy ...

Archived