Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Ecstatic doctor switched out a med that was causing ridiculous drowsiness and doubling a different med to make up for it.  Got too excited to test it and did what you aren't supposed to do and just skipped the dose last night and woke up like a daywalking nosferatu this morning

544740746_giphy(10).gif.a045753908d5e91214cf102b6eb06ff8.gif

Now I'm going to take the half dose tonight  because i don't feel like testing another cold turkey dropoff.  Waiting to take my morning meds today brain feels like someone spinning plates on a stick up there.

ObeseInfamousIntermediateegret-small.gif.49d28905e5db26442d1c707a2f9c2c1f.gif

But you know what?  Im not fretting it.  Jus gonna look cool until i am cool, mastered the art of looking like everything is alright even if it's not.  By time i eat and take morning meds I'll be absorbed into something that has nothing go do with this.  One thing I like about my own profession is it has plenty of distractions to distract me from my own.

Some good news for a hump day.

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

When even Exxon is supporting cap and trade, it's time to update the echo chamber talking points list.  I don't want to speak for your dad or make this political, so I'll just stick to the overarching realization that some people would rather be right then figure out how to address the problem.

Or worse they've given up hope that many of these situations we face as a species is resolvable so we're reduced to arguing about whether its really a problem or who's fault it is, not how to fix it.  We're better then this, i wholeheartedly believe that, going down swinging.

There's also that.  I've managed to get through to the extent of him agreeing that global warming exists even if he won't accept that it's caused by humanity.  But it doesn't solve much, even getting to that point, the "what do we do about it?" question is answered with a dismissal of the possibility of us being able to do anything about it.  It's beyond the capabilities of mankind to have an affect on the climate so it's not worth trying.

39 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

There's also that.  I've managed to get through to the extent of him agreeing that global warming exists even if he won't accept that it's caused by humanity.  But it doesn't solve much, even getting to that point, the "what do we do about it?" question is answered with a dismissal of the possibility of us being able to do anything about it.  It's beyond the capabilities of mankind to have an affect on the climate so it's not worth trying.

It's why we are all going to die from it.

48 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

It's beyond the capabilities of mankind to have an affect on the climate so it's not worth trying.

Moving the goal post, ftw.  Not our faul to begin with so nothing we can do about it since it ain't happening doesn't work anymore. What i don't get is some people not even wanting to try.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

It's why we are all going to die from it.

I don't think the current generation in power cares because they won't be around when **** hits the fan.  That's not the case with our generation, really depends on what that transition process looks like.

Archived