Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I'll never forget that one episode of I shouldn't be alive, or I survived, or whatever it was called, when a dude caught a diamondback bite on a trail and had to walk for miles back to civilization to get help. Showed the photos and dude's hand looked like he tried to catch a spear from Scorpion.

Good chunk of palm was done... Like straight up daylight through a porthole 

Friends were staying at a hotel overnight in Georgia. They were heading home after cleaning out the hisband’s mom’s place after she passed. His pickup truck and trailer full of mom’s stuff that he wanted to keep were stolen in the night. Police say very unlikely that it’ll be recovered or anything found

55 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Friends were staying at a hotel overnight in Georgia. They were heading home after cleaning out the hisband’s mom’s place after she passed. His pickup truck and trailer full of mom’s stuff that he wanted to keep were stolen in the night. Police say very unlikely that it’ll be recovered or anything found

Sorry that happened to your friends. ☹ Cops really don't try to track down stuff or investigate break-ins anymore.  

It sucks. 

55 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Why am I attracted to women in relationships. 

That sucks El. It really does. 

Forbidden fruit. That and on some level they are dateable. How long/how crazy is a whole different question.

see if you can destabilize that with a bit of flexing dem guns

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Why am I attracted to women in relationships. 

The same reason women find men in relationships more attractive (on a higher scale though, from what I've seen)

No one wants the item that stays on the shelf. In contrast, the hot ticket that everyone is always picking up creates an aura of mystery, forbidden fruit type stuff. You also know that they likely aren't a loser/greenhorn, which is always a tough gauge for women especially from the jumpoff point. May have something to do with pheremones as well, though I'm not really educated there to be definitive about anything.

Only increases when they're married. Despite the absurd divorce rate in the country, being married automatically raises your profile with women and the same for women with men.

Everyone (well, many people ) has that adventurous side to them that wonders what it would be like, for just one time (usually before you snap back to reality... Usually). Like a Cold War double agent infiltrating Leningrad, with nothing but a knife, cyanide pill, and a BLT.

10 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Forbidden fruit. That and on some level they are dateable. How long/how crazy is a whole different question.

see if you can destabilize that with a bit of flexing dem guns

Yeah, beat me to it

When I was dating men, I specifically chose married men because their free time was finite and they didn't want a commitment from me. I wasn't really interested in men actually until I finally got the nerve to date women.

I feel bad about dating someone who's in a relationship and it's why I specifically determine ahead of time whether someone's otherwise commited to someone else.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Only increases when they're married. Despite the absurd divorce rate in the country, being married automatically raises your profile with women and the same for women with men

I felt like I got hit on a good bit more once I was married and wore a ring.  I don't wear it anymore (it got on my nerves) and I am back to being invisible. 

I love Sundays, but especially Sunday mornings in general.  I usually get to bed earlier on Sat. nights, like 11-11:30, just so I can wake up around 6:30 - 7:00 am and go downstairs with the wife and dog and chill out, watch TV/Movies and have fun. 

Tazette usually sleeps in now, till 9-10am before she comes down, grabs either her Nintendo Switch or wife's tablet and heads back upstairs to my man cave to chill and game.  Then we usually grill out, watch TV, chill the rest of the day.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't get why Shark Week is a thing.  

It used to mean something back when we didn't really know anything about sharks and had an exaggerated fear of them as monsters of the sea intent on killing people leading to mass culling.  But after a few decades of shark weeks, I think it's probably outlived its purpose and exists pretty much out of tradition at this point as they grasp at straws coming up with something to air. 

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

It used to mean something back when we didn't really know anything about sharks and had an exaggerated fear of them as monsters of the sea intent on killing people leading to mass culling.  But after a few decades of shark weeks, I think it's probably outlived its purpose and exists pretty much out of tradition at this point as they grasp at straws coming up with something to air. 

Exactly right.  Initially it was about conservation and correcting misconceptions about sharks.  Then people found sharks to be badass, such as great whites breaching when hunting seals.

AllMediumAustralianfreshwatercrocodile.g

Now they've run out of new ideas and have lapsed into crap shows like Megaladon which are mostly fiction.  They need to cull some Shark Week shows.

Archived