Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Was just tweeting about this earlier this morning. I stopped watching Shark Week a few years ago after they did all they Megalodon BS. It just became unwatchable with all the nonsense. I loved and still love the real actual shark docs and informative stuff. I think it's fascinating. But it seemed to become so much more about the former and not the latter that I couldn't enjoy it anymore personally. I'd totally watch again if the premise went back to actually being informative.

31 minutes ago, jpage520 said:

Was just tweeting about this earlier this morning. I stopped watching Shark Week a few years ago after they did all they Megalodon BS. It just became unwatchable with all the nonsense. I loved and still love the real actual shark docs and informative stuff. I think it's fascinating. But it seemed to become so much more about the former and not the latter that I couldn't enjoy it anymore personally. I'd totally watch again if the premise went back to actually being informative.

What, you didn't like the Power Chumming?

2 hours ago, jpage520 said:

Yeah, the whole Megalodon stuff ruined it along with some other boring/dumb stuff.  Now, watching the Sharknado movies and all the other B-side movies on Sy-Fy channel regarding sharks (e.g. Atomic Shark, Damn Sharks!, Ghost Shark, etc.) during that week are all that satisfies me.  

Edit:  and just looking at the SyFy schedule now, it doesn't appear they are showing any of those movies this week, this year.  I could have sworn they showed all those movies during shark week in years past.

Never watched a full episode of any shark week stuff. 

I could say the same about any NFL draft though. 

Any of you get tired of traveling ? I sat at home all day yesterday...did absolutely nothing except watch TV...had a few beers to close out the night...otherwise nothing. I have been on 4 mini vacations in the last 6 weeks, with 1 full and 2 other minis in the next 5.  

I just want to sit around the house sometimes and chill. That is what a vacation is about...relaxing. I feel like I have been running and gunning from the start of the year. 

5 minutes ago, Kosher Ham said:

Any of you get tired of traveling ? I sat at home all day yesterday...did absolutely nothing except watch TV...had a few beers to close out the night...otherwise nothing. I have been on 4 mini vacations in the last 6 weeks, with 1 full and 2 other minis in the next 5.  

I just want to sit around the house sometimes and chill. That is what a vacation is about...relaxing. I feel like I have been running and gunning from the start of the year. 

I'm with you. When I'm on vacation, I'm chillin. That's what I want to do. Sure, when I go somewhere cool I want to sightsee and experience where I'm traveling to. But I also make it a point to operate on my own schedule and do things at a pace I can enjoy myself, and carve out some time to just sit back and enjoy the fact that nothing is going on and that I'm not responsible for a damn thing lol.

3 minutes ago, Chew said:

Staycations are great.  Sitting around doing nothing for a long weekend is nice after an exhausting work week.

YUP. Sometimes folks don't understand that doing nothing is what I'm doing.

"What are you up to this weekend?"

"Man, I'm doing nothing."

"Oh, so you're free?"

"NOPE! I said I'm doing nothing. Never said I was free."

Just now, Kosher Ham said:

I don't like traveling in general, even small day trips, especially on Sundays (unless I'm off on the following Monday).   Last day off before the work week starts up, I hate being on the road, visiting for hours, then getting home at like 6-7pm.  Leaves not a lot of time to relax.   I love going on vacation though, so that's the trade off.

Stay-cations are some of the best vacations, imo.  

12 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I don't like traveling in general, even small day trips, especially on Sundays (unless I'm off on the following Monday).   Last day off before the work week starts up, I hate being on the road, visiting for hours, then getting home at like 6-7pm.  Leaves not a lot of time to relax.   I love going on vacation though, so that's the trade off.

Stay-cations are some of the best vacations, imo.  

Preach.  Sundays are your wind down day.  We make it a point to always come back on Saturdays from out of town trips. 

Nothing worse than returning home on a Sunday afternoon and having to get up Monday morning.  Nope. 

6 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

"I've got plans. "

"To do what?"

"Absolutely nothing." ??

I know what you're up to, Mary.  :silly:

9 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I don't like traveling in general, even small day trips, especially on Sundays (unless I'm off on the following Monday). 

Day trips ? Nope. Only day trips I ever make are within an hour or so of travel time. 

I am going to the beach...staying the night leaving the next night. 

Heck, I hate driving in general. Sign me up for a short ride to the airport...a few beers and a short flight in comparison to pretty much anywhere that I would like to go. Not to mention a restroom, no reason to pay attention to the road, and wi-fi, movies, and people watching. 

Oh yeah... I never make plans to do anything to leave the house besides sports stuff or meals, on Sundays or Mondays. 

1 hour ago, Chew said:

Staycations are great.  Sitting around doing nothing for a long weekend is nice after an exhausting work week.

Sawftcations. 

You need to leave a burned out hull of corpse by the time you step back through the door of your office.

exhausted-gif-5.gif

I got snobby ass friends with no kids. If you tell 'em you went to the beach or an all inclusive in Mexico/Carib or a big European city they turn their nose up. Like that's not really traveling. You're being a tourist. Unless you eat rotting goat meat out of a bronze cauldron, wash it down with rubbing alcohol equivalent in a village where they speak through grunts and clicks, and sleep on a stack of blankets—you're not really traveling, why did you even bother leaving the house? 

For some reason I'm craving a glass of milk.

Often times our vacations when travelling are around a particular state or area, like when we toured around Colorado visiting several National Parks, or like what we're about to do in Washingon where we'll see Mt. St. Helens, Seattle and Olympia National Park.  They're great, but often times when you get back you feel like you need a vacation from your vacation.  You just want some time to sit back and do nothing.  Which is why we also alternate with vacations where we just rent a cabin somewhere and don't go anywhere, just relax, fish, boat, whatever.

7 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Riggo, you're a pervert but one with exceptional taste. 

Let's see what the "she-needs-to-eat-a-burger" crowd says about this one.

I'd beat with extreme prejudice.  She's bad. 

2 hours ago, Chew said:

Preach.  Sundays are your wind down day.  We make it a point to always come back on Saturdays from out of town trips. 

Nothing worse than returning home on a Sunday afternoon and having to get up Monday morning.  Nope. 

I know what you're up to, Mary.  :silly:

Amateur hour bro.  You come back on Sunday and still take that Monday off.  That way Monday is your wind down day and you're looking at a 4 day week.

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Amateur hour bro.  You come back on Sunday and still take that Monday off.  That way Monday is your wind down day and you're looking at a 4 day week.

I can dig it.  Aren't you kind of unnecessarily burning an extra day of leave, though? 

I usually change my telework day to Mondays when coming off vacation, even after being off Sunday.  Gotta ease back into responsibility, man.  Adulting sucks. 

Archived