Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Do you really want to use a gas station restroom? Almost guaranteed to walk out of there with a staph infection and an STD. 

Yeah, dude...the side of the exit ramp is safer...what????  It is!

Kim Davis hiding her bracelets in the video of her being booked is hilarious! GMA just said they can hold her for 18 months.  One of those girls may make her forget who God is...she doesn't seem to be the "jailin'" type, and should worry about her safety (I say this while lmao).  On the flipside, however, I don't have to serve alcohol to anyone without valid U.S. identification...and I enforce that ****.  Vigorously.  So there's my bias.

Damn, doesn't look like the Redskins game is going to be on here in CLT tonight.  I only see Panthers on local stations and Eagles on NFL Network.

Edit:  Just saw it listed on 642 on Direct TV......wonder if it will still show it though.  

Double Edit:  ****ing blacked out already.   :angry:

Per the rules, as long as we don't play at the same time as the Panthers in preseason, our games can be shown live.  If they play at the same time, like last night, broadcast rules give it to the Panthers as the "home team."  So, It's great that WSOC is showing all of our preaseason games.  We'll get to see 3 of them, but since every team plays their last preseason game on the last day, we will never see our 4th preseason game. 3 is better than none, I guess.

Terrence Plummer; man crush.

Ive watched almost zero preseason, for the first time ever. I have no idea who that is.

Do you really want to use a gas station restroom? Almost guaranteed to walk out of there with a staph infection and an STD.

One of my phobias. I am like beyond OCD when it cones to cleaning bathrooms, and cleaning in general. Walking into a bathroom where it looks like someone got hacked up, would scar me for life

So, got one of those family type questions. 

So, going on 12 years ago my sister lost in a corporate power play to be the head of her company. I don't remember afterward if she was forced out or resigned after that, but she stopped working. Not coincidentally, it was around the time they wanted to start a family so they did and she became a stay at home mom ("SAHM")

A little background, my sister has an MBA and possesses very feminist views. 

So fast forward to today (and really the past 5 years or so). My brother in law (the multi-fan cornball, who is also a nice guy) is successfully self employed (read: making good money, we've never discussed it but I assume about $200K ish in a good year). But they also live in Friendship Heights in DC and live the commensurate lifestyle. 

So, onto my question, so as a SAHM my sister does NOTHING (or practically nothing). Doesn't clean, doesn't make any meals regularly, doesn't really raise the kids in a  "SAHM" fashion. In my words, I think she is freeloading right now. My brother in law has, and has hinted, that he's frustrated about my sister's freeloading lifestyle. 

In a "modern" marriage, is this view that a SAHM should cook and have meals ready for the breadwinner and keep the house clean and take care of the kids valid? I feel for my BIL, he pretty much does more than his fair share of the above.

Nope. If my wife didn't work then she would have that place spotless. I'd give her credit for doing all that stuff, but she would do them or I would find a wife that would.

Marriage is a joint effort and if someone is making the money then the other needs to take care of the home. It's interchangeable between husband and wife too. Wives can be the breadwinners and have a stay at home dad.

Nope. If my wife didn't work then she would have that place spotless. I'd give her credit for doing all that stuff, but she would do them or I would find a wife that would.

Marriage is a joint effort and if someone is making the money then the other needs to take care of the home. It's interchangeable between husband and wife too. Wives can be the breadwinners and have a stay at home dad.

If the standard is that she " would have that place spotless" then what is the reverse standard?  you have to be the youngest partner in the history of your firm?  

perfection.... ?

my wife is stay at home, and i fully recognize that she has the harder job of the two of us

Everybody does their part. If I stayed at home and my wife worked, you better believe I'd have that place spotless (as in consistently very clean not perfect) and take care of the kids as well. Make life easier on her as best as I can.

We currently both work so we all chip in but I think any situation where one spouse stays home, their responsibility then becomes taking care of the children and home.

I know a guy kinda going through this too. They are really poor though which makes it even more stressful for him to come home after a 12 hour day and walk into a messy house with hungry, rowdy kids and crayon drawings on the walls.

Whomever is the stay at home spouse, needs to take care of the house (laundry, cleaning, children, etc.) of course with the children coming first.  If children are in the picture, age of the child comes into play as well as far as how much can be done during the day.  

I think it would be silly to assume that say with 3 kids age 3 months, 2 years and 3 years old, that one could have the place spotless with all chores completed by the time the other came home.  Heck, it's hard enough with a baby, just one.  Naps, feedings, changings, crying, burping, etc.  Can't start running a vacuum cleaner when you finally get them down.  

It would also depend on varying situations.  Is the kid in daycare or school, if yes, then absolutely no reason for the house/chores to not be caught up or as Momma mentioned, everything in order just short of spotless.  If the child is home, changes the dynamic based on the age.

Im sure she would enjoy the overbearing performance standard as a constant reminder to perform adequately or be cut.

So, got one of those family type questions.

So, going on 12 years ago my sister lost in a corporate power play to be the head of her company. I don't remember afterward if she was forced out or resigned after that, but she stopped working. Not coincidentally, it was around the time they wanted to start a family so they did and she became a stay at home mom ("SAHM")

A little background, my sister has an MBA and possesses very feminist views.

So fast forward to today (and really the past 5 years or so). My brother in law (the multi-fan cornball, who is also a nice guy) is successfully self employed (read: making good money, we've never discussed it but I assume about $200K ish in a good year). But they also live in Friendship Heights in DC and live the commensurate lifestyle.

So, onto my question, so as a SAHM my sister does NOTHING (or practically nothing). Doesn't clean, doesn't make any meals regularly, doesn't really raise the kids in a "SAHM" fashion. In my words, I think she is freeloading right now. My brother in law has, and has hinted, that he's frustrated about my sister's freeloading lifestyle.

In a "modern" marriage, is this view that a SAHM should cook and have meals ready for the breadwinner and keep the house clean and take care of the kids valid? I feel for my BIL, he pretty much does more than his fair share of the above.

My friend... That is complete and utter bull****, and I ocassionally have to separate **** like that from more reasonable feminist views.

There is nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom. Every husband wishes he had a job where his wife didn't have to work, and could take care of the day to day house business and be there for the kids in a pich. Women have been doing that for centuries, and imo, the only time its a problem is when the guy treats his wife like crap, or the belief that women are incapable of doing anything more.

She obviously isnt the stay at home type, and views herself as above that. So she should find some freaking work then.

That is freeloading at its finest. Husband puts the family on his back financially, and the wife can't keep the house presentable and put a meal on the table, taking a load off him after he busts his ass all day?

Oh hell no

If the standard is that she " would have that place spotless" then what is the reverse standard? you have to be the youngest partner in the history of your firm?

perfection.... ?

my wife is stay at home, and i fully recognize that she has the harder job of the two of us

"Spotless" is open to interpretation. If she has two or more kids to take of then cleaning becomes a harder chore.

Im sure she would enjoy the overbearing performance standard as a constant reminder to perform adequately or be cut.

Gotta make that 53 chick roster...

If the standard is that she " would have that place spotless" then what is the reverse standard?  you have to be the youngest partner in the history of your firm?  

perfection.... ?

ah, nice perspective, just curious about her level of involvement in (general term) "home management"? 

Would you be cool with the situation I described above?

I think it would be silly to assume that say with 3 kids age 3 months, 2 years and 3 years old, that one could have the place spotless with all chores completed by the time the other came home.  Heck, it's hard enough with a baby, just one.  Naps, feedings, changings, crying, burping, etc.  Can't start running a vacuum cleaner when you finally get them down.  

Kids are 12 and 7 years old. No special needs or anything, so they don't need constant supervision.

Archived