Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Thanks for the responses. I don't think I would need it to be spotless, but some daily tidying up would be nice. And, of course, if the woman is the breadwinner then the man would be expected to do similarly. 

For me, I think the expectation would be for me: 

"Home manager" would make meals and snacks, make sure the kids are doing their homework, and laundry and tidying up would be done. 

I mean now that the kids are at school she's even resistant to the idea of going back to work, even part time. 

Yes, at the very young ages (around pre-school age) the SAHP is just treading water. I know a friend, she just basically collapses and hands 'em over to her husband when he gets home from work. So, no, it's not easy. 

ah, nice perspective, just curious about her level of involvement in (general term) "home management"? 

Would you be cool with the situation I described above?

Kids are 12 and 7 years old. No special needs or anything, so they don't need constant supervision.

it is impossible to judge **** like that from the outside.   imho

In a true partnership, you basically have a Utopian communist household society, and all sides are leaning in selflessly in to accomplish one joint set of family objectives, and filling the slack wherever it is needed.   We know that communist Utopia doesn;t really work at a society wide level, and its pretty hard to achieve at even a family level ..... because.... we are all inherently selfish whiney, put-upon creatures worried about what everybody else is getting away with.

but ideally you feel like you are chipping in, and this person you love so much that you chose them above all others is also chipping in,and you are BOTH working together for BOTH of you. This works great as long as everyone (mostly) feels that way.   But when people start to NOT feel that way... it starts a vicious circle that breaks everything up.   either you believe you are both in it together 100%, or you don't.  If you don't, there might be specific factual reasons ... or it might just be a self-fulfilling general loss in confidence in each others' commitment.  in either case, the commmie Utopia starts to break down.

I'll just say that i still have 100% confidence that we are both in this together 100%, and that in my case that confidence doesn;t depend on how clean the bathrooms, nor on how neatly folded my socks.       

Good morning Vietnam.  :)

I currently live in a modest enough abode, but located in the middle of a couple dozen different postcard settings, scenically. It's a  great source of bolstering positivity when other matters drain it. You know those wonderful sensations you get when you have the "man, that's beautiful" experience looking at some natural splendor?  That deep breath you take and the smile that comes to your face? Doesn't get old.

Good morning Vietnam. :)

I currently live in a modest enough abode, but located in the middle of a couple dozen different postcard settings, scenically. It's a great source of bolstering positivity when other matters drain it. You know those wonderful sensations you get when you have the "man, that's beautiful" experience looking at some natural splendor? That deep breath you take and the smile that comes to your face? Doesn't get old.

Ya always have to rub it in don't you? :)

Kids are 12 and 7 years old. No special needs or anything, so they don't need constant supervision.

Oh, well her ass is lazy. She has to do better than that. I've seen plenty of SAHM in my lifetime. Their homes look great. It's a respect thing. How would she feel if her husband quit his job and joined her on the couch?

Man, Rashad Ross better make this roster.

Good morning Vietnam.  :)

I currently live in a modest enough abode, but located in the middle of a couple dozen different postcard settings, scenically. It's a  great source of bolstering positivity when other matters drain it. You know those wonderful sensations you get when you have the "man, that's beautiful" experience looking at some natural splendor?  That deep breath you take and the smile that comes to your face? Doesn't get old.

I kinda do. I drive by beautiful farmland every morning in my traffic less commute. It's pretty awesome. 

On a non-daily way, I experienced that too driving down to North Carolina. We took the long route through PA, WV, VA, and NC and it's easy to forget how beautiful this country we live in is. 

Sitting in a doc's office waiting room, a woman comes out and starts chatting with the receptionist who is clearly a personal friends. 

Through the conversation which is about 10-15 min. You can tell the woman is a Sunday School teacher. All nice stuff. Talking about the kids and this and that. They they start to gossip about another family. At first it was how the Mom who home schools the kids is so dedicated and how smart the kids are.

Then it takes a turn. Because the Mom has decided to home school her kids for Sunday also. This isn't ok with the teacher who talks about all the things the kids are missing out on from socialization, to different perceptives, etc etc. Zero sense of irony that she this didn't seem to matter when talking about 5 days of everyday schooling. Its the Sunday stuff where it is a problem.

Just an "uhhhhh, ok" moment I guess.

One more for me.

This Kim Davis stuff is ridiculous and it doesn't shock me at all that a guy like Huckabee has latched on to it.

It's possible that she is deeply religious. Nothing wrong with that being a more recent thing in her life. But as so many people have said. How would she feel if when wanting a divorce from Husband #1 and pregnant with kids from Husband #2, that it was denied by somebody elected to their position? Without explaining how her believes don't jive with her actions. Whatever. Happy that gofundme isn't letting people collect for her. She'll get rich after all this though. Book or speaking in front of groups. Something....and that's said.

Feels like she was trying a scheme.

There are so many good looking girls at my office it is sort of frustrating.

My office is female dominated as well. I am one of 5 males, then there are 30 females.

Had a job like that. It was in an office district and the sexy women were everywhere. I was only 22, Milfs and Grandmilfs wearing skirts and stockings with high heels. One of em was the most badonkadonk woman I've ever seen in person. Former Redskins cheerleader from the 70s. Man, her ass was inSANE. So damn enormous, but just within the confines of being hot. If you can deal with cottage cheese, and you like the donks, pshhh, brother...

I was racing home from this job to release my frustrations. Ceiling be damned. That lady signed a photo of her cheerleading and gave it to me. She knew I loved her, friggin more than 2x my age.

I'da gladly suffocated in dat...

Ehem. Yeah. Ass.

That's not even scratching the surface. The lady at the desk across from me hated my guts. She was a drama queen w/everybody, but I'll be damned if she wasn't shexy, woo! Don't hate me baby, because I don't hate you.

Specially when you're standin at the water cooler.

I'd stare a hole through her like Cyclops.

Archived