Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Killerbee is a beast. I dislike black ops 2. I wrecked AW, Toon, Taze, and spring can testify. Chew is too busy suckin lemons and playing hardline

You need to hop back on some AW.  Only thing is the time zone difference for me and you're in college livin that party life, makes it hard to get on at the same time sometimes.

You too? Lol.

Yeah. Just found the ridiculous, yet nonchalant way of describing ones racial prejudice very confusing (especially from the few it came from), and aggravating.

And before anyone misunderstands my position, I get that we all for the most part exhibit some form of racial prejudice, based on mannerisms, dialect, economic background, dress, etc.

Back in hs for a time I wore much looser clothing and had a buzz, and got a ton of MS-13 roasts. It was all jokes, but I knew the reasoning behind it.

Same as it would be with a large white bald dude with a handlebar and nany tats, or several young black dudes with sagging pants, talking loudly.

Its just not often you see someone openly comment that just someones race/color alone could make them uneasy, and act as if thats normal.

It isn't. It really isn't

And for anyone that responds, don't confuse "Normal" with common.

Yeah. Just found the ridiculous, yet nonchalant way of describing ones racial prejudice very confusing (especially from the few it came from), and aggravating.

And before anyone misunderstands my position, I get that we all for the most part exhibit some form of racial prejudice, based on mannerisms, dialect, economic background, dress, etc.

Back in hs for a time I wore much looser clothing and had a buzz, and got a ton of MS-13 roasts. It was all jokes, but I knew the reasoning behind it.

Same as it would be with a large white bald dude with a handlebar and nany tats, or several young black dudes with sagging pants, talking loudly.

Its just not often you see someone openly comment that just someones race/color alone could make them uneasy, and act as if thats normal.

it is all about how you respond to those feelings.  People have had a lifetime of societal reinforcement of these stereotypes, and those are layered onto humankind's natural tribal tendencies (our tribe against those other tribes).   admitting that you have impulses that you consciously work to get past is not a bad thing, that is a good thing.

Chew is too busy suckin lemons and playing hardline

Bruh!

image.png

Silencer been the homie, been having a 4 bruh, but you being difficult and play hardline.

i think I have over 250 hours online for BF4.  and i'll gladly dust off the PS3 controller for BF3.  YOU let ME know.  you gorgeous ****.

Yep, pretty much sums it up.

I chuckle sometimes when I read or hear those stereotypes.  People seem to think that the black guy in sagging pants, hat turned backwards, etc. is the threat (just an example) and completely ignore the fact that the preppy white guy "they are more comfortable around" could be nuts and mean as **** and packing, child molester, etc.

It always goes back to being aware of your surroundings.  Anyone is a potential threat, regardless of race.  If I'm walking downtown, bunch of people, aside from making sure my hands are on my wallet/keys/cell, I'm not as worried that I will get robbed, mugged, etc.  

I turn down and start walking down another street, or get into the parking deck, etc. and its less populated.  Unless they are with a baby/small child or old, I can 100% guarantee that I'm keeping alert and scanning the area out if someone starts walking the same way behind me, or comes from a different direction.  Color/race has no impact on those instincts what so ever.  

it is all about how you respond to those feelings. People have had a lifetime of societal reinforcement of these stereotypes, and those are layered onto humankind's natural tribal tendencies (our tribe against those other tribes). admitting that you have impulses that you consciously work to get past is not a bad thing, that is a good thing.

I get that. But again, its racial stereotypes vs race itself, lumping everyone together. That, I have a much tougher time understanding. Both are deeply interwoven into society. One is much more broad than the other, and afflicts many more people than the other.

I accept that if I dress in loose clothing, get a few tattoos, shave my head bald, wear a bandana, and walk with a shoulder lean, people are going to react differently than if my hair was longer, with earrings, and a business suit, walking upright, head straight, with good stride.

I don't accept that people see my skin color and automatically do a Trump and think Im about to rape someone or cut their grass. Or even feel "On alert" around me

Tom probably isn't innocent but that was not a four game suspension. That was a fine. That was the central issue. And someone finally told Roger to **** off trying to judge everyone.

Exactly. This whole appeal and case, wasn't about whether Brady did it or not, it was about the NFL making up **** on the fly.

It's funny how so many people try and cover for this league. Just like in the Concussion movie thread. I don't get it. The NFL is becoming a joke. If it wasn't for fantasy football, I wouldn't pay near as much attention to is as I do.

That is the **** from KY right?  That wouldn't grant the gay couple a wedding license.

yep, that's her.  Didn't know one's religious beliefs could spill over into performing (or not performing) a government job.  RTT is anti-religion, so i'll just stfu and enjoy the fact that she'll spend the night in a jail cell.  

yep, that's her.  Didn't know one's religious beliefs could spill over into performing (or not performing) a government job.  RTT is anti-religion, so i'll just stfu and enjoy the fact that she'll spend the night in a jail cell.  

I'm all for standing up for what you believe in, but you also have to do your job. So either she needs to find another job or perform the job she is assigned to do.

I'm all for standing up for what you believe in, but you also have to do your job. So either she needs to find another job or perform the job she is assigned to do.

as much as I disagree with her beliefs, I can't argue that point.  

However, as you said, she's being paid to perform an inherently government function.  she was issued a court order to process same sex marriage licenses, and she still refused.  so, i guess "yay" for her?   :(

Hey, earth to lady.  you're being paid to do your job....so ****ing do it.  nobody gives a **** what you think.  

Yeah... If she was in a private industry, that's cool. But if you're working for the government, you gotta do your job. If you aren't comfortable doing it, you need to find another job.

church, MLS.  it really is that simple.  They need to get her up outta dere!  

I have such a hard time understanding this planet sometimes.  how can people do everything in their power to deny someone else's right to be happy?  what a hateful and disgusting human being one must be to willfully deny a person's legal right to marriage, just because YOU don't agree with it.  

Archived