Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Explain these to me

Drunkball is an awesome game. It's played with two teams of two people, two cans of beer per team, a beer pong table, and a ping-pong ball.

The setup:

When you are on defense, you will place your cans at the end of your side of the table (right in the middle side-by-side).

On offense, there is no particular setup required, just have the thrower be on his own side of the table.

Playing:

On offense, there are two roles: the thrower and the drinker (each offensive turn you switch). As the thrower, you have to hit one of the opposing team's cans with the ping-pong ball. You can hit it as hard or soft as you like as long as you make contact (honor system; if you say you hit then you hit). For simplicity, I'll say that the ball is in-play after it makes contact with a can. As the drinker, your role is to chug your team's beer when the ball is in-play. As the drinker, you must not be in contact with your can until the ball is in-play, though you may, prior to the throw, move the beer into any convenient position on the table to prepare as long as you aren't touching it at the time of the throw (just make sure to put it back where it belongs when you're on defense). It is important to note that only one can of beer is to be drunk until it is empty before the other can be started. Also important that you can only open a beer can while the ball is in play.

On defense, your goal is to stop the other team's drinking. If the offense misses, their throw, then you have nothing you need to do. If they make the throw, though, and the ball is in play, you have to retrieve the ball and touch it to your quadrant of the table and say 'stop', at which point the drinker must stop and now the defending team is on offense.

When a team finishes a beer, they start on the next beer. This has the added benefit of removing one of your cans from the table giving the other team a smaller target on offense. First team to finish both beers wins.

Nemesis is a 6-person game of beer-pong in which each person partners up with a nemesis that they play directly against. The game is played with a 15 cup setup, if I recall correctly. Instead of taking turns by team, each pair of nemeses go back and forth at their own pace. There are two re-racks, and a re-rack can only be called for when your team holds all the balls.

Dizzy Bat is drinking game played with a wiffle bat where you fill the bat with beer and chug. After you chug, you'll place one end of the bat on the ground and the other end on your forehead. You will then have to spin around the bat one time for ever second it took you to chug. Then a wiffle ball will be pitched to you and you have to hit it. If you miss, you have to play again.

Playing:

On offense, there are two roles: the thrower and the drinker (each offensive turn you switch). As the thrower, you have to hit one of the opposing team's cans with the ping-pong ball. You can hit it as hard or soft as you like as long as you make contact (honor system; if you say you hit then you hit). For simplicity, I'll say that the ball is in-play after it makes contact with a can. As the drinker, your role is to chug your team's beer when the ball is in-play. As the drinker, you must not be in contact with your can until the ball is in-play, though you may, prior to the throw, move the beer into any convenient position on the table to prepare as long as you aren't touching it at the time of the throw (just make sure to put it back where it belongs when you're on defense). It is important to note that only one can of beer is to be drunk until it is empty before the other can be started. Also important that you can only open a beer can while the ball is in play.

On defense, your goal is to stop the other team's drinking. 

I got to here and thought you got to chase, tackle, steal the beer, etc.  

Now that would be intense.

Looking into buying the 5-gallon buckets from HD and playing beer pong with those. Getting a ball slightly larger than a softball i think would do the trick. 

We play a lot of what we call Civil War beer pong.

Its 3 Vs. 3. Each person has three cups. You start with three ball in the middle of the table (like dodge ball). Someone yells go and it all out war beer pong. No rules. If the ball is on the ground you tackle each other for it. Only rule is if someone hits your cup you have to drink it before shooting or retrieving a ball.

First team to knock all three players out is the winner. Highly recommend playing this outside. 

Looking into buying the 5-gallon buckets from HD and playing beer pong with those. Getting a ball slightly larger than a softball i think would do the trick. 

I would buy one of those tiny kick balls for that, I would go to any type of goofy store to find those, target or Walmart. I want to say they are 5 inch kids kick balls.  

I guess today is 20th anniversary of ripken's record, heard it on the radio. I remember that day clearly

Weird how so many fans in dmv who grew up orioles fans just dumped them as soon as the nats came to town. Now look, I get it, if your hometown suddenly has a team, you gotta root for them. But the way so many of my friends just dismissed the Os made me sick. :(

I guess today is 20th anniversary of ripken's record, heard it on the radio. I remember that day clearly

Weird how so many fans in dmv who grew up orioles fans just dumped them as soon as the nats came to town. Now look, I get it, if your hometown suddenly has a team, you gotta root for them. But the way so many of my friends just dismissed the Os made me sick. :(

Same thing happened when the Ravens came. I was glad to see those gump fans bounce.

To be fair many of the Nats fans here (ES) are under 30...they probably were not even aware of the O's.

Nope, they just jumped ship. They have only been in DC for 10 years. The rest are older bitter fans about how poorly the O's played over the years. I understand the frustration. I just don't trade in loyalties for convenience.

Now look, I get it, if your hometown suddenly has a team, you gotta root for them. 

Not necessarily :)  We got the Panthers, I didn't switch teams just because of that.  Granted, and I don't make the rules or really care, but I would say anyone that has lived/lives in a city that gets a pro team gets a pass if they decide to support them fully.  I know a lot of Panthers fans that used to be Redskin fans and I don't hold it against them.  

Myself and my wife, no way, we are die-hard Redskins fans.  We stayed and will stay put.  No if ands or buts about it :)

As far as the NBA, well, I've explained this before, being a UNC fan, I got big into the NBA when Jordan got drafted by the Bulls (I was in 3rd grade), so I pulled for the Bulls.  Hornets weren't around yet either.  We got the Hornets, I pulled for them to do well, just was a Bulls fan first.  Followed them until around 1999/2000, got sick of pro-basketball, watched a few games here and there, playoffs and finals.  Didn't really pull for anyone at that point.  Hornets packed up and shipped out.

Told my wife that when we got a team again, I'd support them fully.  Got the Bobcats/Hornets back and have been on board since. Bulls will always hold a special place in my heart though.  But I'm not fair weather, no going back now :)  Besides, all the suffering as a Skins fan hath prepared me for a ****ty NBA team and owner :(

I just don't trade in loyalties for convenience.

One of the best posts in internet history.

Am I out of line to say that, at least 50% of Nationals fans who no longer root/embrace the Orioles, were going BONKERS when Ripken broke the record???

Those were ORIOLES memories

I understand switching teams if your home town gets a team. But, I just find it funny how you can be a fan for years and then a new one comes along and you act like that former team is 2nd rate now. That's what is funny to me.

Although, one of the weirder fan combos are Nats/Ravens fans. I haven't quite figured them out.

I'm not much of a drinking game player anymore, but when I do play beer pong, I throw sliders. My shot is so pretty. Middle finger and thumb like a variation of the shocker. Give it a hard 10-to-4 spin on the release, watch that ***** dive in to cups. I want to play beer pong now. The sound it makes when you sink one is almost swish-level in basketball.

I have a beer pong table that folds up, many unbelievable matches on there. Quadruple overtime after someone had a 5-cup lead to start off the match...

At the time, my girl and I were considering competing in tournaments, but never got around to it.

Same here. I loved Cal. Favorite player when I was a lil kid.

O's not so much. Several reasons, but rest assured I was never outright excited or pissed about them. Angelos sucks? Kid reached over the wall to steal a HR? Oh well. That sucks.

I was just a fan of good players until the Nats came around.

One of the best posts in internet history.

Am I out of line to say that, at least 50% of Nationals fans who no longer root/embrace the Orioles, were going BONKERS when Ripken broke the record???

Those were ORIOLES memories

My brother in law, is a Yankees (growing up), O's (living in DC pre-nats), and Nats (post-nats)

My brother in law, is a Yankees (growing up), O's (living in DC pre-nats), and Nats (post-nats)

I found myself wanting the Yankees to win the World Series in the late 90s/early 2000s. I was outright rooting for them against the Diamondbacks. Mostly because of 9/11, but also because they had such a cool group of players. Loved watching them.

Ken Griffey Jr became my favorite player after Cal, then Big Mac. I rooted for St. Louis because Jim Edmonds became by favorite player, and Pujols was an absolute monster.

St. Louis is currently beating up my Nats.

And btw, when I say "rooted for", I wasn't jumping up and down, or anything of the sort. It was just the team I liked to watch the most. They were entertaining at playing baseball.

Not all Nats fans were repping Orioles shirts back in the day. Not me. You'd never have caught me in one. The Orioles team in my little league was full of hotheads. We'd own them every year, and they'd slam their helmets on the ground, kids gettin thrown out. **** the Orioles.

Nah, but when I watch them these days, I feel nothing. No emotions or attachment to them. It was all about Cal. Brady was a beast in '96. I went to games and remember the other players. There's a little place for the O's in my heart. Novelty type of thing.

Dub$, That is completely different than bashing them over petty stuff that we have no control over as fans anyway.

For example, I don't root against the Panthers, I simply don't root for them unless they are playing a team that the Redskins face during the season.

I typically don't care what they do.

ummm....has anyone called him out for being the cornball that he is?!

and that's your wife's brother, so you have to pretend to like him?!  ugh lol

As an O's fan, I have zero issues with the Nats unless they are playing the O's. It sucks that both teams look like they're going to miss the playoffs. It's way more fun when both teams are good.

I would say it brings on more silence from one side and more bragging from the other.

For whatever reason Nats fans typically seem to be the more aggressive fans when it comes to trash talking instead of simply saying...sorry for that, it must suck, tough weekend, etc.

I try to leave my homer side out of those discussions, rarely do I get caught up in bashing the other team. Now if it was the same division or conference...gloves are off.

ummm....has anyone called him out for being the cornball that he is?!

That's the definition of a bandwagon fan.

I understand the old Jay-Z tour where he wore different jerseys to every city, that's just trying to market.

Regular folks though ??? Get out of here with that.

Had a guy that worked for me that had Ravens and Skins season tickets. I said to him...Rick, is this a money grab ?

I would say it brings on more silence from one side and more bragging from the other.

For whatever reason Nats fans typically seem to be the more aggressive fans when it comes to trash talking instead of simply saying...sorry for that, it must suck, tough weekend, etc.

I try to leave my homer side out of those discussions, rarely do I get caught up in bashing the other team. Now if it was the same division or conference...gloves are off.

It sucks to get lumped in with those Nats fans. I've never had a trash talking session with an O's fan. It's always cool and informative. No animosity. They're always nice and knowledgable when talking about the Nats too. Think the internet just makes people more assholy.

In the back of my heart, I'd like to see the Orioles do well. I have a bit of admiration for them and their fans. Won't be cheering for them, but would be happy for yall to see them do well.

Archived