Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Dub$, That is completely different than bashing them over petty stuff that we have no control over as fans anyway.

For example, I don't root against the Panthers, I simply don't root for them unless they are playing a team that the Redskins face during the season.

I typically don't care what they do.

Same here, I don't root against the Panthers, don't root for them, unless it's against certain teams I hate (Dallas, Philly, Giants, etc.).  If I go to a game and they are playing say the Colts, Pats, Bucs, I might clap when they make a good play or score.  

I will not wear their team apparel though, that's a major fan foul.  It's only Redskins gear for this kid.

Keeper League draft tonight at 7pm.  Who should I keep?  I've kept Drew Brees the past two seasons, but he really ****ed me over last year at the wrong time, like the first round of our playoffs, thanks a lot asshat.  

I'll shed a tear cause I had Jordy and Kelvin Benjamin, not keeping them obviously.  So, its really between Drew Brees or Alfred Morris.  Part of me says just go Morris, other part of me says keep Brees another year.

Taze, I have an OSU koozie that I recently got because they happened to travel into Ohio...I was thinking cool a koozie. I have at least 8 koozies as it is.

I appreciate the gift out of love...but it makes zero sense. Simply not a thoughtful gift.

Not a big fan of having clutter all over the house because a family member bought it...especially something specific.

I have Redskins salt and pepper shakers that someone gave me...really. I have wonderful salt and pepper shakers/grinders, what am I going to with that ? It sits in my office on a shelf where I would rather have something else.

So, its really between Drew Brees or Alfred Morris.  Part of me says just go Morris, other part of me says keep Brees another year.

Look at the defenses that they face and depth.

I would go with Morris, but that just may be the homer coming out of me.

I will not wear their team apparel though, that's a major fan foul. It's only Redskins gear for this kid.

Exactly. My old friend is a hardcore Nats fan, lost a bet, and had to wear a Brewers jersey to a Nats/Brewers game. I could never do it, you'd have to point a gun at my head. And that's just the Brewers. These mugs repping gear of their rivals because they lost a bet, wtf.

Bet on, I dunno, money. Not your dignity. Jeez.

Yeah Stroker, I'm as diehard as the next guy but if there is gun to my head, I'm putting on a homo for Romo shirt and walking into FedEx in less than a second lol

But for bets, that kind of stuff is fun too. My problem is I may have a slight gambling problem (scratches neck). Not as bad as I thought though, since I just saw somebody in the Stadium post that he's putting $500 down on the Skins/Jags preseason game. 

Taze, I have an OSU koozie that I recently got because they happened to travel into Ohio...I was thinking cool a koozie. I have at least 8 koozies as it is.

I appreciate the gift out of love...but it makes zero sense. Simply not a thoughtful gift.

Not a big fan of having clutter all over the house because a family member bought it...especially something specific.

I have Redskins salt and pepper shakers that someone gave me...really. I have wonderful salt and pepper shakers/grinders, what am I going to with that ? It sits in my office on a shelf where I would rather have something else.

Look at the defenses that they face and depth.

I would go with Morris, but that just may be the homer coming out of me.

I'm thinking I might go Brees again.....ugh, difficult considering he lost Jimmy Graham.  I usually focus on their schedules in weeks 14-16 which would be the playoffs.  We send 8 out of 10 teams, I've never not made the playoffs in this league.  Won it all in 2011, finished runner up back to back in 2012 and 2013.  

We have Chicago, Buffalo and Philly.  Buffalo is the one that would curb stomp Morris, imo.  Brees has to face the Bucs, Detroit and Jacksonville.  Detroit has a good defense, but depleted with the loss of Suh and Fairley, so not as stout as the Bills defense should be.

And if I make it to the championship, Brees should destroy Jacksonville and have a career day.  Of course that would be when he gets hurt or decides to throw 3 INTs in the first half lol.

So many damn decisions.  Looking it over, ATL has one of the easiest seasons.  I might want to keep Morris, pick up Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

Edit:  I've got some players on the radar, assuming I can get them that have very favorable schedules all year (Mike Evans, Beckham, Keenan Allen, Demaryius Thomas).

What happened? I bet McCloughan is going home to drink too.

A bottle of "What Have I Gotten Myself In To".

Wife allegedly tweeted out that he was having an affair with Russini and that's where her recent stories were coming from. Team said its fake of course.

Article has other evidence...

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2015/09/redskins-gms-wife-tweets-espn-reporter-used-oral-sex-to-get-scoops/

Wife allegedly tweeted out that he was having an affair with Russini and that's where her recent stories were coming from. Team said its fake of course.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2015/09/redskins-gms-wife-tweets-espn-reporter-used-oral-sex-to-get-scoops/

Pretty strong stance from the Skins saying it's a fake account. If they're wrong, it'll be ****in ridiculous and embarrassing

Such is the Redskins. Hmph.

Just win games please. Just win 'em. **** everything else. Abracadabra! Win games!

Preach on brother Kosh! Seconded.

It's usually just the topic. It would just clean up the page for me. Some folks although hone in on topics and it goes crazy, like their own blog or tirade. Sometimes just for my own sanity, I start reading...get caught up in the crazy.

I can not imagine being a mod on this board. It's easily better than any other board I have ever read though.  

Wow, I did not see this. If this is true.......we are absolutely cursed. lol

Not all Nats fans were repping Orioles shirts back in the day. Not me. You'd never have caught me in one. The Orioles team in my little league was full of hotheads. We'd own them every year, and they'd slam their helmets on the ground, kids gettin thrown out. **** the Orioles.

When I visit my best friend from high school in Gainesville, I am always shocked how NOW he's all about the Caps. Like they have people over to watch the Caps, Caps gear. This was my boy growing up. We never talked caps. NEVER. As late as 2004 nothing Capitals related was ever brought up. 

I don't know. I guess people can change? 

ummm....has anyone called him out for being the cornball that he is?!

and that's your wife's brother, so you have to pretend to like him?!  ugh lol

ha. might be time. oh and he's a giants fan. Grew up near Philly, went to Penn State. Giants fan. 

When I visit my best friend from high school in Gainesville, I am always shocked how NOW he's all about the Caps. Like they have people over to watch the Caps, Caps gear. This was my boy growing up. We never talked caps. NEVER. As late as 2004 nothing Capitals related was ever brought up. 

I don't know. I guess people can change?

I saw the parents of an old friend of mine a number of years back and the Dad started talking hockey with me, and this is a family that had nothing to do with hockey all the way up through high school. Ovechkin really transformed this area.

Archived