Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Buccaneers Prediction Thread: Is This The Countdown To Meltdown?

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the battle in Tampa Bay?

• Washington Redskins
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • The extremely unlikely chance of a tie

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay just said he's seen a lot more RO in the practices he watched this week than usual.  I like that if that is a portent for Sunday.  I don't see Alex as some pocket passer stud.  I think you have to use the dude's legs as a threat to get the most out of him.   Plus some RO when well executed, can freeze the pass rush some so might help the protection.

What's.RO?...read option..haha got it

This offense was only good enough to maybe reach 21-24 points before the injuries.  Now that 4/5 of our starting offensive line are likely out for Sunday, and we're going to be without 2 All Pro Lineman for the next couple of weeks, we're going to be VERY lucky to get to 14-17 points a game from here on out.  I have absolutely NO FAITH in Alex Smith or Jay Gruden to come up with a way to keep up with teams offensively.  Tampa is a very bad matchup for us, considering that they really are a similar version of the two teams we've been blown out by this season (NO, ATL).  We're going to have to lean on our defensive HEAVILY here the rest of the season.  If AP can get 60-80 Yds+ a game, we might have a shot to hold teams to 20 or under and be competitive.  I don't think that will be the case this Sunday.  I think Fitzpatrick will get his team to 28+ points, and we're going to be out of the game by the 3rd quarter.

Washington:  16

Tampa:          31

20 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

It's Friday and I don't even give crap about this game. We looked like garbage last week and now the Skins whole offense is hurt or on IR. Does anyone even want to watch this game? I feel like last week was the iceberg hitting the Titanic and now we get to watch the out come of it.

28 - 14 Bucs

**** ya you care..ask me if I wanna watch this game..does a bear **** in the woods?!?!..if the Redskins are playing I'm watching injured or not this fandom doesn't stop it keeps rolling week in week out I'll be hoopin an hollering all game and loud enough ya can hear me from the Rocky mountains!!

I predict that the Redskins front office will throw a big party down in Tampa, to celebrate all still being together many years after the Tampa Bay debacle that got them all fired or moved on.

And then I predict we lost 21-20, after going up 14-7 in the first half.

On 11/8/2018 at 8:49 PM, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

TB is terrible. Fitzpatrick is Rex Grossman.

You really think he's gonna throw 4 picks to DHall in the booth?

I would love to see that!

Edit:

Forget that... That was Cutler...

Not much of a difference though...

On November 8, 2018 at 11:01 AM, Rattlesnake88 said:

Tampa’s defense is atrocious. 

Alex smith has his his best game of the season. 

We keep this one in front of us. 24-23

Skins win.

The Falcons have a bad defense and on top of that started a rookie CB against us on an already bad D.  So how do we know Smith will have the best game of the season if he couldn't last week??

I think this is the biggest game of Jay's coaching tenure here, sans playoffs.  

I said that earlier this year about the Packers game.  At that point we'd dominated the Cardinals and then looked flat and unprepared against the Colts.  We should have won that Colts game, for sure.  So it was all about how Jay could get the team to rebound and prepared properly to play a solid (not great) Packers team.  At the time I felt that we would see how well Jay could prepare a team coming off a signature Redskins/Gruden loss.  

IMO, tomorrow is just as meaningful.  With the rash of key injuries, I will not be surprised if this is a typical flat Redskins performance.  But Jay's gotta rally the troops here and figure out a way to get them to give max effort and ****ing fight.  O and D line need to be extremely physical.  Whichever guys they bring out of the parking lot for the O-line, they need to play like the Bucs said something mean about their momma.  

I predicted earlier that the Skins lose 28-24, I'll still stand by it.  Fitzmagic throws a great deep ball, the Bucs can get deep and I just don't think our corners are that good.  I just think that this game is super important for Jay from a preparation perspective.  

8 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I'm all for moving on from Jay after this season.  He's proven time and again that he lacks the ability to get his teams prepared mentally and then he can't adjust when teams make adjustments at halftime.  Great O Coordinator, poor head coach.

It shouldn't stop with Jay; Bruce Allen, the mastermind behind this flustercluck, the strength & conditioning group, WRs coach, most of the scouts, hec, just bleach the entire organization from top to bottom. Most every other team in the league has suffered years w/o any success and then got themselves out and are now perennial winners, except this team.

If anything, start with Bruce Allen.

Ironic, but it was against this same Buccaneers team we played a few years ago, where the door busted open and the Redskins became a team to be reckoned with.

Now, it will be the Buccaneers team that the dominos begin to fall, and 'How You Like Me Now' will be blasting in Raymond James Stadium...

Draft kings just sent me there top 5 QB-WR STACK Combo this week, guess who was #1 lol

1. ALEX SMITH ($5,300)/MAURICE HARRIS ($3,900), WAS AT TB

I’d start my dog if he were facing the Buccaneers defense. Assuming Jamison Crowder ($4,200) remains out with an ankle injury, Josh Doctson ($4,300) and Harris will probably share the bulk of the receiving work Sunday. Doctson is averaging 5.5 targets per week since he returned from a Week 5 injury, and he is the safer option for cash games. Harris busted onto the scene in Week 9, posting 124 yards on 10 catches from 12 targets. Harris had gone mostly unused and unnoticed before that game, though he also saw eight targets in Week 5 when Doctson was out.

With Paul Richardson (shoulder) now out for the season, it is reasonable to suspect that Harris will again see a large workload. Smith has only topped 16 DKFP three times this season, but his production has mostly tracked with the quality of the opponent – i.e., his best game came during probably his easiest matchup so far, and his worst came against one of the hardest matchups.

Here’s a quick refresher course on how terribly awful the Buccaneers defense has been: They have allowed at least 19.8 DKFP to a WR every week. They have allowed at least 19.7 DKFP to a QB every week. They’ve allowed a 40 DKFP stack in every single game, and they’ve given up multiple 60 DKFP stacks. They’ve allowed the most points per game, and they rank last in defensive DVOA.

One last note on this game, if Jordan Reed ($4,400) ends up having to sit out with a neck injury, then Vernon Davis ($2,800) becomes a very attractive play. In that situation, a Smith-Harris-Davis triple-stack is totally reasonable, and probably the strategy I’ll end up using.

giphy.gif

Archived