Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Buccaneers Prediction Thread: Is This The Countdown To Meltdown?

skins island connection

Who wins the game?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the battle in Tampa Bay?

• Washington Redskins
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • The extremely unlikely chance of a tie

17 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

and makes a fool out of our "unstoppable" new secondary.

Have to imagine that this moniker can be easily removed already, after allowing a 10-13 3rd down conversion, and 500 yard passing day. 

Just a wild thought, and all. ? 

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Is he?  Yes at least in terms of Jordan Reed.  Reed when he's played and healthy can take over games.  You saw on Sunday how Vernon Davis had some flashes.  Jordan was like that on a regular basis when he was right.  Last time he was healthy where he was playing every game, (2015) he averaged 68 yards per game then.   

He's averaging 42 yards a game now.  In 2015, he just dominated some games including the playoff clinching one against the Eagles.  In a limited season, the year after, he still had flashes like that.  I've not seen a Jordan domination game, yet this season.  When he was right, he was talked about as one of the best TEs in the league.  Not heard that this season.  NFL stats guy, Warren Sharp, talked about this on the air on 106.7 the other day.   Not that I needed to hear it from him -- its obvious if you watched Jordan closely over the years. 

But agree with your point about YAC.  These guys aren't YAC guys.  Garcon who they had years ago was a big time YAC guy.  Harris seems to be emerging as the top receiver but he's not a YAC guy.   That's part of the reason why I think getting Thompson healthy is key -- he's a big time YAC guy.  Granted he's a pass catching RB.  But as for the receivers -- Crowder can be a YAC guy when he's right.  But he's not been right.

When all these injuries happened almost the same way to a tee last year -- including Reed in and out of the lineup.  Thompson eventually out for the season.  O line in shambles.  Vernon Davis had a string of games where he emerged as a go to weapon or so it seemed at least in key drives.  Maybe that happens again?

It seemed like every time Davis was getting the ball he was getting far more than just a first down; he was gliding down the field for at least another 5-10 yds before contact.

But yea, Reed hasn't been Reed; IMO the biggest reason is DJax and Garcon, but even if we had other threats like Crowder, but we all end up right back at square 1 with Smith not throwing deep. The defense creeps up closer and closer, and Smith's passes get shorter and shorter.

This team is in dire need of a WR or TE who will tell himself he's tired of this **** and get in Smith's grille and tell him to throw the damn ball downfield to him and he ends up making some big plays. We need 1 threat, then when he does his thing, it needs to carry over to other players, until the offense is clicking, but hell no one is standing up and complaining about it, at least not publicly.

Except for preseason, we've never beaten Fitz. Lately we've been knocking out a few 'firsts', so I'll give us this one too. Don't know how we'll do it though, since we have about as much firepower as a cap gun, but we need this one to get the team somewhere back on track and believing it can still make the playoffs.

Redskins - 21

Bucs - 17 

2 hours ago, skins island connection said:

This team is in dire need of a WR or TE who will tell himself he's tired of this **** and get in Smith's grille and tell him to throw the damn ball downfield to him and he ends up making some big plays.

I would like that person to be Vernon Davis. He did so (similarly) 8 years ago, and it may be time to do it again. For all the jittery pressure Smith shows in the pocket (justified or not), it doesn't match up with his aaw shucks smiles after a bad play or the seeming lack of urgency during games. That contract might have locked him into a state of complacency. Could be that this is just imagined on my part though, **** I dunno anything anymore. ? 

5 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

I would like that person to be Vernon Davis. He did so (similarly) 8 years ago, and it may be time to do it again. For all the jittery pressure Smith shows in the pocket (justified or not), it doesn't match up with his aaw shucks smiles after a bad play or the seeming lack of urgency during games. That contract might have locked him into a state of complacency. Could be that this is just imagined on my part though, **** I dunno anything anymore. ? 

"Jittery"?  Smith will be as nervous as a pregnant nun.

I think the players don't want to rattle Smith, much less Gruden. They have a much better insight on him than we do, and who knows, Jay may have already said something to the team, because in this strange situation, being in first place and knowing the aerial game is for the most part non-existent, he may have told them that this situation is not the end of the world, a 'pep talk' so to speak.

If this team falls behind 14+ points and Smith isn't moving the ball, Jay may as well experiment by bringing in Colt; maybe he can do something, maybe not, but it would send a message to Alex that he needs to at least TRY to push the ball downfield, at least to Doctson, he's the only one that can go up over a defender and get the ball.

6 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

"Jittery"?  Smith will be as nervous as a pregnant nun.

I think the players don't want to rattle Smith, much less Gruden. They have a much better insight on him than we do, and who knows, Jay may have already said something to the team, because in this strange situation, being in first place and knowing the aerial game is for the most part non-existent, he may have told them that this situation is not the end of the world, a 'pep talk' so to speak.

If this team falls behind 14+ points and Smith isn't moving the ball, Jay may as well experiment by bringing in Colt; maybe he can do something, maybe not, but it would send a message to Alex that he needs to at least TRY to push the ball downfield, at least to Doctson, he's the only one that can go up over a defender and get the ball.

I disagree. Harris has shown the ability to go get balls and make amazing grabs. Not only that, he actually does it in games. He had one against the Falcons. Reed and Davis also create mismatches, Vernon especially. We actually do have a couple options. Maybe not great ones, have elite speed, but we have guys that can do the 50/50 thing, and Davis against a S or a LB is a win.

5 hours ago, MediocreGymnast said:

Tampa 40 ish

Redskins 21 ish

Perhaps Jon G. pulls out his win loss pattern magic and they win this or perhaps they lose two more to get to 500 then start win/loss flipping again ??? hmm....

How’d we get JON Gruden? 

Is this whole “calling Jay by his brothers name” thing just people doing it on purpose out of hatred for Jay? Or is it actually that difficult to remember which Gruden we have? 

that being said, I hope the team gets another winning streak going. Idk how it will happen though.

50 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

How’d we get JON Gruden? 

Is this whole “calling Jay by his brothers name” thing just people doing it on purpose out of hatred for Jay? Or is it actually that difficult to remember which Gruden we have? 

that being said, I hope the team gets another winning streak going. Idk how it will happen though.

You've noticed it to huh?..lol

12 hours ago, Morneblade said:

I disagree. Harris has shown the ability to go get balls and make amazing grabs. Not only that, he actually does it in games. He had one against the Falcons. Reed and Davis also create mismatches, Vernon especially. We actually do have a couple options. Maybe not great ones, have elite speed, but we have guys that can do the 50/50 thing, and Davis against a S or a LB is a win.

I totally forgot about Harris; but Alex doesn't target him near enough. Hec, he doesn't target ANY WR enough. But that's fine, if he wants to go to Davis or Reed, fine, but he's gotta give them that chance. Reed has some speed but neither will outrun a DB or safety; they CAN out-reach them, and that's what Smith needs to do, throw it high where only they can get the ball.

13 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

I totally forgot about Harris; but Alex doesn't target him near enough. Hec, he doesn't target ANY WR enough.

He targeted this young unproven Harris.. a WR.. 12 times last game? He doesn't avoid the better WRs he's had, few as they may be, over the years. 

There's plenty enough criticism that Smith deserves. NO need to get creative about more, lol. 

Archived