Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins vs Cardinals Prediction Thread: 2018 Kick-Off Spectacular

skins island connection

7 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I don't recall Bradford being that dangerous. I'm more worried about David Johnson, Bradford isn't a world beater.

With Johnson coming back from last year's injury, I'm hoping he will be a little weary of trying to show up AP, but Bradford is squirrely; one week he can look like David Carr and the next he's being called Tom Brady. Well, maybe not to THAT extent, but you get the picture.

37 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

With Johnson coming back from last year's injury, I'm hoping he will be a little weary of trying to show up AP, but Bradford is squirrely; one week he can look like David Carr and the next he's being called Tom Brady. Well, maybe not to THAT extent, but you get the picture.

I am hoping as well that Johnson's first game back from a big injury like that he won't be sharp.

Redskins 20

Cardinals 17

I predict that we will look like our usually sloppy selves in this opener, but we get a late FG from Hopkins to seal the deal.  The Cardinals will march down the field in the last minute, and they end up missing the 52 YD FG at the horn.  The win will distract everyone from how anemic our offense will preform this game, and Alex Smith struggles to get to 200 YDS passing, not because he’s off, but because of our receivers’ lack of big play potential.

An Adrian Peterson TD, and a fumble return TD by Preston Smith account for our scoring in Week 1.  The defense shows why I think they’ll be the better unit this year, and forces 2 turnovers.  Bradford gets sacked 4 times, including a sack from our rookie pheonom Da’Ron Payne.

This game is being played in 100+ sunny weather so it probably goes to the team in better condition, not necessarily the better football team or the team that gets lucky.  We do and jump out to a 17-0 lead due to two first half turnovers by the Cards (one in the red zone) and a bad punt while allowing the Cards less than 50 first half yards of offense.  After letting the Cards back into it at 17-10 in the third quarter, we manage our only drive and go up 20-10 (big red zone fail) to finish the 3rd quarter. In the fourth quarter, the Cards manage to score a TD on a 85+ yard drive but miss a chip shot FG at the end of the game after driving almost 60 yards after the Redskins failed to convert a 3rd and short with just over 2 minutes remaining.

Redskins 20, Cards 17.

I’ll be there (as I have in 2005, 2014, and 2016). I don’t like facing Bradford early (he’s fairly effective before his knee decides to give out on him), and David Johnson was a pain to deal with in 2016. Interested to see how the WR/DB matchups go for each side. I’m still waiting to see my first Skins victory in-person since 10/10/10. I fear my losing streak continues.

27-17, Cardinals

26 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

This game is being played in 100+ sunny weather so it probably goes to the team in better condition, not necessarily the better football team or the team that gets lucky.  We do and jump out to a 17-0 lead due to two first half turnovers by the Cards (one in the red zone) and a bad punt while allowing the Cards less than 50 first half yards of offense.  After letting the Cards back into it at 17-10 in the third quarter, we manage our only drive and go up 20-10 (big red zone fail) to finish the 3rd quarter. In the fourth quarter, the Cards manage to score a TD on a 85+ yard drive but miss a chip shot FG at the end of the game after driving almost 60 yards after the Redskins failed to convert a 3rd and short with just over 2 minutes remaining.

Redskins 20, Cards 17.

They’ll have the roof closed, so it won’t be too terrible inside. Cardinals rarely open the roof before November (although the summer weather has been relatively nice, this year).

3 minutes ago, RedskinsFan28 said:

I’ll be there (as I have in 2005, 2014, and 2016). I don’t like facing Bradford early (he’s fairly effective before his knee decides to give out on him), and David Johnson was a pain to deal with in 2016. Interested to see how the WR/DB matchups go for each side. I’m still waiting to see my first Skins victory in-person since 10/10/10. I fear my losing streak continues.

27-17, Cardinals

They’ll have the roof closed, so it won’t be too terrible inside. Cardinals rarely open the roof before November (although the summer weather has been relatively nice, this year).

Good, maybe we have a real chance then.

Archived