Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Ex-coach Ben McAdoo sees Giants winning NFC East (M.E.T.)

RVAskins

I read this on NFL.com. McAdoo thinks the Giants will win the division and shows no respect for Washington. I will say this, the Giants have a better chance with him not being their head coach but Philly is still the team to beat.

"I think they're gonna win the division," McAdoo told the New York Post of the Giants. "I think Philly, how much success has Philly had? I think they're gonna have a hard time handling success. Dallas, I like their offensive line, but how long have we been saying that? Their defense, they got a bunch of young guys playing DB, Sean Lee is banged up a lot, and their D-line, they got a bunch of guys getting in trouble all the time. And Washington is Washington, right?"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000940232/article/excoach-ben-mcadoo-sees-giants-winning-nfc-east

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

I read this on NFL.com. McAdoo thinks the Giants will win the division and shows no respect for Washington. I will say this, the Giants have a better chance with him not being their head coach but Philly is still the team to beat.

"I think they're gonna win the division," McAdoo told the New York Post of the Giants. "I think Philly, how much success has Philly had? I think they're gonna have a hard time handling success. Dallas, I like their offensive line, but how long have we been saying that? Their defense, they got a bunch of young guys playing DB, Sean Lee is banged up a lot, and their D-line, they got a bunch of guys getting in trouble all the time. And Washington is Washington, right?"

Can you please post the link to the article? Also, you should reference the source in the title. 

5 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

We do suck and we will continue to get hated on by the media until we don’t suck. Until then, the perceived media disrespect is simply the truth that hurts our burgundy and gold ears.

It's like an onion article "fans of team with 5 winning season in over 2 decades confused why everyone thinks they'll suck again" :ols:

10 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

We do suck and we will continue to get hated on by the media until we don’t suck. Until then, the perceived media disrespect is simply the truth that hurts our burgundy and gold ears.

He's not "the media", he's the ex-coach of a hated division rival. "The media" has actually been praising the Redskins quite a bit lately. 

I guess they forgot we sucked.

I’m certainly not going to defend a guy that looks like Ben McAdoo.  Don’t know much about him other than his brief stint coaching the Giants and how absolutely ridiculous he looked.

But his “Washington is Washington” statement is what has seemed to be the general concensus of the Redskins, fairly or unfairly for decades.  It’s really up to the team to change that.

Macadoo is an idiot.. but he is not wrong. This organization has shown very little in the last decade and even when they play give-me games again the Giants they still found ways to lose. Lets hope this year Skins show something different.

He’s just simply relaying what Giants fans, NY media and the 30 other NFL Organizations all thingk of the Redskins.  We’re a bottom feeding franchise the last quarter century, and really deserve no benefit of the doubt until we prove otherwise.

Kevin Sheehan had a segment the other day on 980, basically hammering this home by the numbers:

Since 1992 (Gibbs’ last season):

3 seasons with 10 wins

5 playoff appearances 

Only NFL Team without an 11 win season

Horrible Drafts, and lack of any premier players (except for Trent Williams, Chris Samuels)

More seasons finishing last than any other NFC East team combined

Let’s face facts, we’re truly a bottom rung organization in every facet of the phrase.  Until we have a period of sustained success, and start winning 11+ games, people are going to still go by what is painfully evident.  Think about this for a second:  In a league where parity is king, and is set up for virtually all teams to have at least one magic season where you win 12+ games and find yourself in a League Championship game, we’re the only team besides Detroit, Cleveland and Houston to not appear in a conference championship game.  What’s more pathetic is that those three teams have at least won 11 games since the last time we did.

34 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m certainly not going to defend a guy that looks like Ben McAdoo.  Don’t know much about him other than his brief stint coaching the Giants and how absolutely ridiculous he looked.

But his “Washington is Washington” statement is what has seemed to be the general concensus of the Redskins, fairly or unfairly for decades.  It’s really up to the team to change that.

It's the fire they need..I get where ur coming from.. hopefully this grows leggs in the locker room and Washington runs with it!!

I was borned in 1977 and it is now 2018..I am now a 40 year old..haha Redskins fan(I chuckled because of the 40 year old u know what lol) from 77 to 82 I was to young to remember and growing up where I did ya got the broncos on TV..than I moved to the Los Angeles area in 81ish 82.. I remember my father taking me to the sports bar in Palmdale, scooners was the name, to watch Monday night football I don't remember watching the 83 Superbowl but I do remember watching the 87 Superbowl..to beat the broncos, than I won alot of money in Jr high in 92..93 to 96 I put the skins on the back burner and claimed to be a Packers fan switching all my stuff from Redskins gear to Packers gear and even the posters on my wall,i took down my "the Posse" poster and replaced it with a Reggie White poster I couldn't help it I was in love with Mark Chmura Brett Favre Sterling Sharpe of course Reggie White the list goes on.. I've already admitted to this so don't bash me.. then basically from 97 to 2002 is a blur on account of the wrong crowd I ran with and the horrible drugs I did I wasn't even into football at all.. from 2003 until now I've only missed a couple games..I was borned a Redskins fan(despite my immature attitude of switching of teams)and will die a Redskins fan, year in year out, absolutely horrible, playoff year, or in-between I anticipate the next season to enjoy that team from Washington to be... well... Washington.

I've said it on other threads, the Giants are being crowned like they went 13-3 last year as opposed to 3-13.  The only thing nice I'll say about them is they approach FA the way I wished the Redskins would which is when they have a weakness they go after the shiniest object they can find to fix it and aren't scared to do it.  Their defense for example stunk years back until their FA spree of Harrison, Jenkins, Vernon -- now its expected to be good again -- after a down year last year because of injuries.  This year they took the best LT on the market so they don't mess around that much with bargain shopping as the solution but go for broke in FA at least as of late.

But they got rid of Pierre Paul and DRC on defense.  Their best O lineman IMO was their center and they let him go.  I know many NFL insiders love their offensive supporting cast (one recently said they have the 2nd best supporting cast in the league) and stacked up to ours IMO it kicks our butt.  Most think Barkley is better than Guice -- not me -- but I agree they are close.  Engram > Jordan Reed.  Reed is better when "healthy" but who wouldn't take the younger and healthier version of an emerging Reed like player?  Beckham > Doctson or Richardson.  Shephard versus Crowder -- about the same.  

But here's where I think and hope it falls apart for the Giants.   One player -- Eli Manning.  I think he's done.  So as much as I think a supporting cast matters -- to me it matters for a good QB -- not one who stinks.  And I wonder if all the preseason hype gets to the Giants heads -- for me for years I've thought the Giants are the most arrogant team in the division.  And by a mile no team disrespects the Redskins more than them -- (I've given many examples of it starting with Antre Rolle's boasts years back) so McAdoo's comments are on course for that franchise.

Archived