Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Ex-coach Ben McAdoo sees Giants winning NFC East (M.E.T.)

RVAskins

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think that's what makes it even more alarming.  A doofus like Ben McAdoo feels at liberty to still make statements like 'Washington is Washington'.  It's a glimpse into the little shred of respect folks have for this organization.

Nah, it isn't alarming. Everybody has an opinion if you ask for it. It's just hilarious that someone even WANTED McAdoo's opinion. Nobody asks for Jim Zorn's opinions on the Redskins or the rest of the division. Neither did they ask for Chip Kelly's about Philly or Frisco. The Wood Chipper is a very similar case, considering he made the playoffs his first year and then got put through the chipper himself lol.

I'm sure their worst, and probably most hated coach in 30 years endorsing the team does wonders. Nothing could be more reassuring.

If he was as great at calling plays as he is at “Couch predictions”,he’d probably still have a job..his opinion on anything is about as valuable as any of ours as far as relevance is concerned towards teams with win/loss records!!..But oh wait,his last coached team picked in the top three of last years draft didn’t it??..Yeah,what he says means a whole lot-he couldn’t even keep his own team together for a whole 16,what’s he know bout what anybody else’s team is gonna do!!(and FYI BOB,you can pick the giants to win all ya want,they still ain’t gonna hire ya back-lol!!!)

Well, if anyone knows that the path to immediate success is a bunch of free agents and a new head coach, it's us.

Based on our experience, it's safe to assume the Giants are going undefeated.

Last year the giants were only slightly less injured than the Redskins, who's players lost the most games to injury in 2017.

The Giants won 3 games, and the Redskins won 7.

To me that shows a distinct disparity and it isn't even close. With the most injuries, the Redskins more than doubled the giants output..

Now they are back healthy, upgraded, with a veteran QB who will run this offense like it can be run.

The real question is, who the hell is calling Ben McAdoo for opinion? Goofiest **** out of NYC since Rich Kotite.

~Bang

On 16/07/2018 at 6:20 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think that's what makes it even more alarming.  A doofus like Ben McAdoo feels at liberty to still make statements like 'Washington is Washington'.  It's a glimpse into the little shred of respect folks have for this organization.

Its also a glimpse into the lack of self respect we have as fans that we just nod and sigh when a 3/13 coach runs his mouth ... 

46 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

Its also a glimpse into the lack of self respect we have as fans that we just nod and sigh when a 3/13 coach runs his mouth ... 

I wouldn't call it a lack of self respect, it's more like an honest look in the mirror.  It's entirely possible to be a fan of the team while acknowledging reality.

31 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I wouldn't call it a lack of self respect, it's more like an honest look in the mirror.  It's entirely possible to be a fan of the team while acknowledging reality.

Very true. McAdoo is a goof, but his quote is accurate. This doesn't give me joy, but the Redskins are like the Blue Jays... they may put up a couple good years here and there, but they're not held in the same regard as the rest of the division. We're coming off three decent years, but decent doesn't change the consensus.  

I don't see how it is realistic to expect this team to be in dead last.

After the injuryfest of last year, we still won 7 games. Prior to the injuries setting in, they were looking pretty good, especially defensively, and simply the health we get back should be enough to boost that considerably, AND factor in the new pieces added. 

I think the Redskins are going to have one of the better pass rushes in the NFL if they stay healthy.

People can debate how we did at QB,, upgrade, downgrade, lateral.. either way, one thing isn't in question and it's smith's intelligence.. he will not make the killing mental errors, and we know Gruden's schemes work.

The giants did what we always used to do. Sign free agents and fire the coach. They do have a veteran QB who can play well, and can also play as badly as anyone you've ever seen. They patched holes, and McAdoo thinks that is the difference to win the division.

the Cowboys lost a hall of fame TE, and have a receiving corps every bit as unproven as ours, and frankly, i think that loss of Witten is going to be HUGE unless Prescott can back defenses out of the box. i am not sure he can, and haven't seen anything to indicate it's not going to be Zeke facing stacked boxes all day every week.

Of the three, i think it's the giants or Cowboys who are the likeliest candidate for the cellar.

~Bang

13 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

This franchise is still looked at as the whipping boy of the division.  Even isolated successful seasons won't change that.  Washington is the go-to team to assume will finish last.

To your point, that's how many view the Redskins and we've made it our mission to prove them right about 75-80% of the time. If they can just pencil us in for a bad season and be correct at that rate, why not? 

As for McAdoo, I don't think he claimed we'd necessarily finish last but his comment more meant "The Redskins (F this Washington BS) won't take the division." 

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't think McAdoo used any scientific theory to make the determination that "Washington is Washington".  It's more that this is just the common expectation for Washington, fairly or unfairly. 

Right - and in context it was more how we weren't a threat to prevent the Giants from winning the division, not a prediction that we would necessarily finish last. 

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't think McAdoo used any scientific theory to make the determination that "Washington is Washington".  It's more that this is just the common expectation for Washington, fairly or unfairly. 

totally agree.

We are just now getting by the reputation of free spending wheeler dealers.

People who don't pay as close attention to us only go by the last cliché they remember.

And i am sure we are just as guilty with other teams.

~Bang

2 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Right - and in context it was more how we weren't a threat to prevent the Giants from winning the division, not a prediction that we would necessarily finish last. 

It's my rally cry every year in the game thread before we play the Giants.  There is no team probably in the NFL who disrespects the Redskins more than the NY Giants.  Yet some come off like they are the most benign of our three division rivals.  The snarky stuff almost always comes from the Giants.  I recall Graziano writing an article two years or so ago saying the loss of the season that bothered the NY Giants the most is the one against the Redskins because the Redskins they feel are a team they should always beat. 

The Antre Rolle snarky comment when the Redskins beat them that the Giants would beat them 99 times out of 100.  All the bragging before games typically come from the NY Giants the most among the NFC East teams.  Before they knocked out the Redskins out of the playoff hunt in the 2016 season, Giant players talked about how satisfying it will be to knock the Redskins out and will play full out to do it -- no one will rest for the playoffs.   The thing that bugged me about that game more than anything was the Giants seemed more fired up to knock the Redskins out of the playoffs than the Redskins seem to be to get into the playoffs.

We got the Mara stuff.  We got players who played on the Redskins after being on the Giants who said the Giants have no respect for the Redskins and always expect to beat them.  On and on.

Listen to the Giants mick'd up in that game and how fired up they were as they put it to end the Redskins season.

@Skinsinparadise it's funny you mention that (great post, btw). 

I remember between our two Super Bowls (1988-1990) when they were coached by Parcells and we were swept three years in a row.

I also remember that 1999 Giants team. We beat them later in the year to complete a sweep (we had destroyed them early in the year by dropping 50 on them). That put us a game or so ahead of them in the standings and the next day an article quoted Jason Seahorn who said something like "We just have to win the games on our schedule and we'll be fine. I mean, it's the Redskins so we know they'll lose again." 

Like, what the Hell, we had just finished sweeping them by a combined score of 73-34 or something and they are throwing jabs at us??

20 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

@Skinsinparadise it's funny you mention that (great post, btw). 

I remember between our two Super Bowls (1988-1990) when they were coached by Parcells and we were swept three years in a row.

I also remember that 1999 Giants team. We beat them later in the year to complete a sweep (we had destroyed them early in the year by dropping 50 on them). That put us a game or so ahead of them in the standings and the next day an article quoted Jason Seahorn who said something like "We just have to win the games on our schedule and we'll be fine. I mean, it's the Redskins so we know they'll lose again." 

Like, what the Hell, we had just finished sweeping them by a combined score of 73-34 or something and they are throwing jabs at us??

Yeah I went to undergrad in NY, my wife's family is from there too -- in college I was harassed by Giants fans.  I recall the 91 season when they were killing every team but fell behind the NY Giants and a Giants friend in my dorm was rubbing it in -- Redskins ended up winning if I recall via a deep pass to Clark or maybe it was Sanders?  But my hatred for that team runs deep. :)  The NY media can get so obnoxious too when the Giants win -- I recall a NY reporter years ago jumping on the 980 pregame show and was mocking the idea that the Redskins even had a chance to beat the "mighty" Giants.  

But yeah I was loud in the 2016 Giants-Redskins thread before we got knocked out of the playoffs by them -- saying if you go through the NY papers the Giants seemed more fired up to knock the Redskins out of the playoff hunt than the Redskins seemed to be to get in -- at least judging by what was out there for public consumption.  I recall their MLB huddled them in practice trying to get everyone fired up to play that one.  I recall some people on the thread saying it was false bravado and they are going to rest their guys -- well for the most part they didn't except for Beckham in the last quarter.  The NY Giants all week were saying they weren't resting anyone but some thought that was a bluff -- apparently Jay thought it was a bluff too because he said later he didn't expect them to play their starters the whole game or something to that effect.

On 7/14/2018 at 11:26 PM, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

This is pretty much exactly how Giants fans feel about the skins of today. Coming from this jabroni is something else though. Smh. I dislike Giants fans the most within our division, and it isn’t even close. 

Without a doubt NY is public enemy number one to me. :giantssuck:

I don't give a **** about this preseason bull **** chatter.  Do it on the field and show them. It is all posturing , in whatever convulated fashion, and unimportant to me. Bob McAdoo is trying to remain relevant by any means possible. **** Bob, and moreso, **** the Giants. I have always despised them. I want us to pound their ass this year. Hail

Alot of Giants talk. Barkley may be as good as they say. But this isn't the Big 10. No Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana and so on and so on. They picked up Solder at LT and Hernandez at LG. Never heard of the C or RG. And Flowers is back at RT. That's means Kerrigan gets to feast twice a year on him again. So new offense, defense, coaching staff, and old Eli. And that new defense is a 3-4. Do they have all the pieces? That equates to winning the division???? I just laugh at the media. If they can't protect Eli the weapons won't matter regardless.

Archived