Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

47 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cooley just savages him in his film reviews as for pass defense.  If I recall PFF too as for his pass defense.  But he's a beast as to stopping the run and IMO we need that.

51 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Is brown really that bad in coverage or was it his newness to the defense and injuries. I have read positive stories on his coverage skills

I mean we had a LB/SS who we drafted two years ago who was supposed to be THAT cover guy to make up for a Brown and his so called lack of coverage skills but what happened?

Lets not act like the FO didn't try to address it in the past..

Per Rotoworld 

Brown had been seeking "top-three inside linebacker" money but didn't get there. He is getting a significant raise on 2017's $2.3 million. Brown was all over the field last season before missing the final three games with a shin injury. He's a three-down player who wraps up tackles and generates a decent amount of sacks and turnovers.

Oh and I would Love to get RB Morris back. Betting it wouldn’t cost much.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Continue to hear the cost of landing Earl Thomas or Tyrann Mathieu likely to run around $11M/year if they get their number

26 replies113 retweets115 likes

I'm sorry but what is the plan in Seattle? I understand that Russel Wilson has blown up the team because he now gets paid and they need to get in fresh cheap young players. But I feel like they just want 12 new players in D line up. 

Edit: have my answer. Thomas is in his final year. So they want to sell him now high, instead of letting him walk free. Will cost a first rounder plus additional pick. 

38 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Yeah, but i mean in previous years. He's a young guy who has had to learn a lot of systems. Opposing TEs have called him good in previous years so I wonder if he can improve. 

I recall, I was one of the guys pushing for him last off season before we signed him. 

Cooley though noticed that the Bills took him off the field most of the time during passing downs.   I haven't re-watched the games from last year yet where I like zone in on guys but it wasn't hard to see he was out of place at various key moments as for stopping the passing game.  I still like him a lot as a player -- brings mega speed, shuts down the run, wrap up tackler.  As for him developing as a guy in the passing game -- maybe so, maybe not, will see. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Continue to hear the cost of landing Earl Thomas or Tyrann Mathieu likely to run around $11M/year if they get their number

Mathieu basically had 4/42+ plus left on his deal, so yep that's his price. 

You either bite or you don't. Let's be honest, he'd transform our D backfieid.

Kalis got a lot of good reviews and then we practice squaded him to have the extra tackle in Catalina.  Considering Long went for 7, I'd rather use the higher pick on RB and not get another Lauvao and be forced to start him.  

So no OG in FA for this guy.

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Well Honey Badger isn't in the same realm of talent as Earl Thomas, and the effect he has on a defense is nowhere near the same. So they shouldn't make the same. I'd say Thomas is worth a little more than this (and you have to factor in that he needs to be traded for), while Honey Badger is worth a little less than this. 

I like what we've done in just 2 days, we hit 2 major deficiencies in WR and ILB.

Doug spoke emphatically about us needing D line and RB at the combine so he knows what we need but I think now that we signed Brown we don't have to overpay and instead can draft D line in round 1 or 2.

Losing Brown and knowing we need D line help would have put us in a desperate situation so its good we took care of that quickly.

Don't get me wrong I would like a proven veteran D lineman but only as a compliment, I would still look at using a high draft pick on that position regardless of who we sign in free agency.

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

This is sketchy as all get out. Crabtree comes unexpectedly available, they want him to visit, and now all of a sudden the guy they were killed for overpaying, who is taking up the money that could go to Crabtree and has rarely been injured (if at all?) has a problem with his physical? Yeah right

Edit: this has to hurt your soul if you're Grant. You only had one miniscule chance at a big deal like this, had to hear about how unworthy you were in the media for a few days, and now to have it snatched away...whew. I feel bad for the guy. 

18 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Mathieu basically had 4/42+ plus left on his deal, so yep that's his price. 

You either bite or you don't. Let's be honest, he'd transform our D backfieid.

I would really enjoy him on the team.

Few things, 

1) I’m very relieved to get Brown back, he was an impact player on our D.  

2) I’m betting 8/year is our max for FAs... I think the FO (Allen) is determined to wind up with that 3rd round comp pick for Cousins.  Like, no matter what.  

3) HB as a trade wouldn’t have affected our 3rd round comp pick, does that change with his release?  

Any news on Jones (NT) yet?  Seems like a guy we could get for under 8, as opposed to Logan.  

Archived