Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

6 minutes ago, visionary said:

I assume we'll be seeing a lot of apologies from Republican politicians.....

"Obviously, there was a conspiracy to manufacture votes.  But the mob who showed up in response to my claim intimidated them into not going through with it."  

(Either that or "Even with all of the massive cheating which has already been revealed, . . . ")

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I'm not assuming anything, hes intentionally being vague and hoping we figure it out and keep his point in tact.  It's like watching someone lie twice at the same time, inception level lying

Even that, IMO, is giving him too much credit.  He just says whatever he thinks is best for him in any given situation.  In this case, his goal is to make voting harder and to, amazingly, attempt to impugn the sanctity of our elections.  So he'll just say that voting is too easy and use a terrible example that has zero basis in truth. 

People's instinct is to try to make something reasonable out of what he said, but what he said is just nonsense. 

19 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Did Trump say anything about credit cards?  He didn't?  He just said you need an ID to buy cereal, right?  Then why is anyone assuming that's what he meant?

I feel you though lol

Also - how do we ever trust anything from florida and how is it they are always ****ed up this bad and no has fixed it? Wouldn't both sides gain just as much from a not ****ed system? ****s hilarious and rediculios all at the same time. 

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm not assuming anything, hes intentionally being vague and hoping we figure it out and keep his point in tact.  It's like watching someone lie twice at the same time, inception level lying

He's not intentionally being vague.  He's intentionally being dishonest.  

The purpose of communication is to convey an idea from person to person.  

In many cases political communication is carefully crafted for the intentional purpose of making the listener think you said something which the speaker knows is absolutely untrue.  

In this case, the statement which the speaker is intentionally trying to convey is "every single person in the country already has a driver's license.  And the proof is that you can't even obtain food without one.  And therefore demanding that people who want to vote must produce something which 25% of people in some Democrat-voting demographics don't have (and can't easily obtain) is completely fair, and isn't a deliberate form of voter suppression at all."  

And it's utterly untrue.  

And the speaker knows it.  If he didn't, he wouldn't have worked so hard to come up with a carefully chosen statement which is kinda sorta close to the message he wants the listeners to take away, and kinda sorta close to true, if the listener is willing to work at it, some.  

What the **** are you people bickering about?

Are we still pretending what he says is anything more than verbal diarrhea? He's just spitting out pieces of things he heard on TV, or from the other voice in his head, or the ghosts of his past failures and cons.

This **** about people changing clothes and going back in to vote. It was probably born from a 4am amphetamine near overdose.  

14 minutes ago, Larry said:

He's not intentionally being vague.  He's intentionally being dishonest.  

The purpose of communication is to convey an idea from person to person.  

In many cases political communication is carefully crafted for the intentional purpose of making the listener think you said something which the speaker knows is absolutely untrue.  

In this case, the statement which the speaker is intentionally trying to convey is "every single person in the country already has a driver's license.  And the proof is that you can't even obtain food without one.  And therefore demanding that people who want to vote must produce something which 25% of people in some Democrat-voting demographics don't have (and can't easily obtain) is completely fair, and isn't a deliberate form of voter suppression at all."  

And it's utterly untrue.  

And the speaker knows it.  If he didn't, he wouldn't have worked so hard to come up with a carefully chosen statement which is kinda sorta close to the message he wants the listeners to take away, and kinda sorta close to true, if the listener is willing to work at it, some.  

Is he lying, yes, there's no debate there. Careful chosen, think you are giving him too much credit.

This is a stupid topic anyway, @@SkinsGoldPants Is right, this is how he distracts us, let's move on.

Just now, tshile said:

I want people to ID me to run my credit card

wife berates people when they don’t ID her for it

using self checkout has sort of cut into those opportunities though. 

Add a slot for the ID, I'd be fine with this, too.  In fact, really fine with this, may put huge hole in the fake bank cards that people are making now.  Put it in ATMs and now we talkin.

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Add a slot for the ID, I'd be fine with this, too.  In fact, really fine with this, may put huge hole in the fake bank cards that people are making now.  Put it in ATMs and now we talkin.

Until the thieves start stealing the mag stripe off of your ID. 

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

At this point and after this many election debacles, if Florida still has vote counting problems, it's got to be by choice.

I mean for the GOP to suggest that two heavily Democratic counties would purposely put themselves into a situation where counting all the votes on time is nearly impossible? I am sure it goes much higher up the chain for true blame.

34 minutes ago, Larry said:

Until the thieves start stealing the mag stripe off of your ID. 

This is why it's called "layers of security".  Banks should standardize working with retail on where transactions occur along with the chip and scanning the actual ID.  We may be getting into privacy concerns in regards to using AI to connect dots for anomalies,  but I think you get what I'm saying here, no single thing will stop this, but multiple things can slow it down.

This is tough, I just looked at her platform, pretty reasonable outside the opposition to ACA.  I said before that I'd rather have democrats then moderate republicans, but I just found an article about her making claims of voter fraud.  Don't expect to be acknowledged for being the first if you are just like the rest (plus you gotta win, so there's that)

15 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

This is why it's called "layers of security".  Banks should standardize working with retail on where transactions occur along with the chip and scanning the actual ID.  We may be getting into privacy concerns in regards to using AI to connect dots for anomalies,  but I think you get what I'm saying here, no single thing will stop this, but multiple things can slow it down.

I noticed more banks starting to use MFA to log in. Maybe they can find a way to make that work with quick transactions. I would not be upset at all to have to take a few extra seconds if it means my stuff is that much more secure. 

Not that it would stop anyone forever. But I would appreciate it being more difficult.

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

How the **** is Hyde-Smith a US Senator? She’s a dumbass.

Thats ****s wild. Like it’s totally cool to say **** democracy. 

Honestly democracy was never going to last forever. But I didn’t expect people to just give it up like this.

48 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I noticed more banks starting to use MFA to log in. Maybe they can find a way to make that work with quick transactions. I would not be upset at all to have to take a few extra seconds if it means my stuff is that much more secure. 

Not that it would stop anyone forever. But I would appreciate it being more difficult.

Agreed.  I have it set up where every transaction I get a text now to let me know it happened, that should be standard not an option to turn on. I get asked for my zip code occasionally at gas stations, that should be across the board mandatory for every card transaction in the card scanning device itself.  

You know as well as I do there's a balance between security and usability. Need to be efficient and realistic, but it shouldn't still feel like Russian roulette in 2018.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Thats ****s wild. Like it’s totally cool to say **** democracy. 

Honestly democracy was never going to last forever. But I didn’t expect people to just give it up like this.

It's amazing how often these ****sticks accidentally admit to being all about Dem/minority voter suppression yet still stick to and get away with claiming that they're just doing it to prevent any fraud. 

Archived