Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

38 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rip-california-gop-republicans-lash-out-after-midterm-election-debacle/ar-BBPNVQQ?li=BBnb7Kz

RIP, California GOP: Republicans lash out after midterm election debacle

some stuff here i think transfers nationally

"Obviously, we need to come up with a new packaging for the same destructive policies we've been implementing for the last 30 years". 

37 minutes ago, Larry said:

"Obviously, we need to come up with a new packaging for the same destructive policies we've been implementing for the last 30 years". 

This is exactly what they did when Obama won his first and second terms as well. Basically "Hm, I think we need to figure out how to market the same dog**** that it seems most people don't like so that they might not realize it's dog****, instead of thinking about replacing the dog**** with actual stuff that they'll approve of and will help them"

The saddest part is that for a long time it has worked pretty well for them though it seems that might be changing (outside of their pure base) if polling is to believed. Ironically I have a feeling that Trump's demonstrated knack for absolute nonstop lying probably helped, as he pushed the same lies. If a guy you knew was a pathological liar told you something, would you believe him or would you be more likely to think he's making **** up again? Not to mention that so many people are so completely turned off from him in general because he's so vile...that alone might take away from their propensity to believe things that people in his party say.

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Alex Jones, Judge Jeanine, and Tucker Carlson all agree that Orange County turning blue is more proof that millions of illegals are voting for dems.

Not surprising. Excuses and conspiracy theories are much easier than facing the reality that their party is broken. Take my dad for example... lifelong Republican but this year he voted straight ticket democrat several times. I just wish he were still alive to have seen it.

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

What percent of the vote did GOP congressional candidates get overall in CA?

Probably just under 40% going off the governor votes (I'm a lazy, lazy man). Are you wanting to create a false narrative that percentage of vote to percentage of seats won is the only argument / evidence of gerrymandering and voter suppression? Cause it's pretty well documented which states are engaging in those activities. It's a real problem and a very obvious one. Pretending otherwise is not a good look.

53 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Probably just under 40% going off the governor votes (I'm a lazy, lazy man). Are you wanting to create a false narrative that percentage of vote to percentage of seats won is the only argument / evidence of gerrymandering and voter suppression? Cause it's pretty well documented which states are engaging in those activities. It's a real problem and a very obvious one. Pretending otherwise is not a good look.

I’m NOT the one making such claims.  That’s purely a left wing complaint. I’m just continuing to expose that hypocrisy and bull****. 

11 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I’m NOT the one making such claims.  That’s purely a left wing complaint. I’m just continuing to expose that hypocrisy and bull****. 

I responded to you about this about Massachusetts and you never got back to me, did you see it? I get why you keep bringing this up, but that state in particular I think you should stop.  Dems ran unopposed in several districts and GOP governor won every county in the state.  Those votes aren't spread evenly, most of them probably went to the governor, which they got.

12 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

By pretending like that’s people’s only argument, gotcha. Gerrymandering and voter suppression toooootally aren’t a very real thing and it’s not at all transparent that you are doing everything except calling an obvious problem what it is because it’s your side that are by far the worst offenders.

You are exposing hypocrisy and bull**** though. Just from a different source than what you think.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I responded to you about this about Massachusetts and you never got back to me, did you see it? I get why you keep bringing this up, but that state in particular I think you should stop.  Dems ran unopposed in several districts and GOP governor won every county in the state.  Those votes aren't spread evenly, most of them probably went to the governor, which they got.

I did respond. 

2 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

By pretending like that’s people’s only argument, gotcha. Gerrymandering and voter suppression toooootally aren’t a very real thing and it’s not at all transparent that you are doing everything except calling an obvious problem what it is because it’s your side that are by far the worst offenders.

You are exposing hypocrisy and bull**** though. Just from a different source than what you think.

Worst?   Probably.  Only?  Not even close.  

20 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I’m NOT the one making such claims.

Yeah, you are. You just did. Somebody posted how many CA seats the Dems won, and you tried to resurrect the corpse of an argument you've tried to push at least twice already. (And got completely demolished both times). 

I've even been reduced to trying to make your point for you, so that at least someone will be making a coherent argument in it's support. 

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Yeah, you are. You just did. Somebody posted how many CA seats the Dems won, and you tried to resurrect the corpse of an argument you've tried to push at least twice already. (And got completely demolished both times). 

I've even been reduced to trying to make your point for you, so that at least someone will be making a coherent argument in it's support. 

Demolished?  Sure. 

What percentage is acceptable?   Or does that only really matter if your opposition wins?

Archived