Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 - 18 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

5 minutes ago, just654 said:

No, everyone needs to get a viewing party ticket if u don’t have a Mystics ticket. Doors open at 3pm and will be open until full. So unless u can get there before 4-5 ur pretty much screwed and will have to watch outside

Ok so it's strictly, first come first serve, type of deal. Meaning, the game won't be "sold out" from places like seatgeek, stubhub, etc.? It'd be good to have to physically be there to get a ticket because I will make a plan to slice half the day to be there in the building

54 minutes ago, Springfield said:

We were supposed to have a game at Reston at 8:50 last Saturday, it was cancelled due to the finals.  Fairfax was a different story, we played last night at 11:15.  Luckily, the game was well over by the time I got there.  Watched on a TV in the lobby as we all dressed out in the lobby.  Game ended before ours started.

I’ve done the dressing in the lobby while a playoff game is on. I’ve turned around while in goal to watch during a stoppage of play

4 minutes ago, MondayNightCowboyKilla89 said:

Ok so it's strictly, first come first serve, type of deal. Meaning, the game won't be "sold out" from places like seatgeek, stubhub, etc.? It'd be good to have to physically be there to get a ticket because I will make a plan to slice half the day to be there in the building

Yep, no 2nd party sites will have tickets. But at 1pm tomorrow you need to get a viewing party ticket off Ticketmaster. Only 2 per person. But a ticket does not assure u getting in

So it seems like they’re giving out unlimited tickets, and whoever gets there first will get in.  If you’re at the Mystics game then you’re in the best shape because you can just sit in your seat until game time.  Mystics tickets also free.

So I’ve had a change of heart about going too.  It’s too much to ask to find somewhere for our kids to sleep Thursday night.  Instead, I’ll have my dad and step mom over and we will watch on my projector.  120” screen not too shabby.

Ok, so you DO need to get a ticket online but be one of the first ~19,000 to be at the doors to get in. Gotcha, didn't know if tickets were only available at the arena will call.

Never had to get a ticket for a viewing party before lol but it'd be worth it

Ha another curious thing but does that mean you have to stay in the arena from 4-8 until the game starts? I'm assuming so but damn, people will get alcohol poisoning from just chilling at the arena 4.5 hours before puck drop

Damn so you DO have to wait in the arena for like 3-5 hours before the game starts unless you perfectly time it to not have to wait around all day and still watch inside.

That ****ing sucks. I really want to go but that may be a dealbreaker. It's the WNBA, basically have to watch the Mystics if you want to be in the building

Me and two buddies are coming up for viewing party. We all have off Friday so we rented a hotel room a couple blocks down from the arena. Really hope we close it out. I just feel like it would be an incredible experience to be a part of. I’m 30 so this is the only championship run I can remember 

Thing I'm gonna hang back in Harrisburg after all. AMTRAK and MARC shut down before the festivities really get underway and I'm not taking my chances with Metro (especially if Thursday's game goes to OT). I don't like driving through D.C. on a normal day so I'm sure as hell not doing it when the city's gonna be jam packed with revelers. I wouldn't wanna even deal with Lyft or Uber (God knows those folks will be busy enough).

Besides, I'm hoping to use my work PTO for something else Caps related. 

16 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I'm super excited, but slightly terrified of losing the next 3. Even though the Caps keep showing that this is a different team.

Yeah, been there before with the '79 Orioles World Series. Up 3-1 on the Pirates and then crash. Although for some reason I don't think the same will happen with the Caps, it would feel 10 times worse than losing that Series.

We'll leave those bad feelings with Mr. Harper instead 

34382037_1042390919243635_58850736204509

P.S. - A little breather... teams trailing 3-1 in the Final have lost the series 32 of 33 times since the best-of-7 format was adopted in 1939. The only team to rally from down 3-1 to win the Cup was the 1942 Toronto Maple Leafs, who trailed 3-0 against the Detroit Red Wings.

One of the bosses noticed my sparkly red nails, I explained that as soon as the Caps win the Cup, I'll be back to a normal color. He said "All for hockey?"...and I said "I know of one dude that did an extra load of laundry to make sure his lucky red boxers were clean for Monday night's game."

He sends props, pj.?

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Since we have an extra day that we need to kill, here is some hilarious reading material that I came across:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/around-the-nhl-time-to-root-for-vegas.2495183/page-58

Pretty hilarious reading the salt coming from Penguins fans.  I think my favorite on that page is that the Pens should have beat the Caps in round 2.

I dont think theyre wrong that the Penguins had the best chance of beating the Caps

13 hours ago, Springfield said:

So it seems like they’re giving out unlimited tickets, and whoever gets there first will get in.  If you’re at the Mystics game then you’re in the best shape because you can just sit in your seat until game time.  Mystics tickets also free.

So I’ve had a change of heart about going too.  It’s too much to ask to find somewhere for our kids to sleep Thursday night.  Instead, I’ll have my dad and step mom over and we will watch on my projector.  120” screen not too shabby.

Only 2 tickets per person

https://www.nhl.com/capitals/news/ticketing-details-announced-for-game-5-viewing-party-at-capital-one-arena/c-298947482

6 minutes ago, zoony said:

I dont think theyre wrong that the Penguins had the best chance of beating the Caps

I think Tampa was the best team in the NHL this year and in the post season until they faced the Caps.  I think the Caps winning that series was a bigger upset than people realize.

My sons baseball team was facing a team from GA on Sunday, and two of the parents from that team were wearing Caps gear.  Caps fans from GA at a FL baseball tournament.  Love it.  

Just now, purbeast said:

Some of them are rational, but a lot of them aren't.

I love the hate, ultimate sign of respect

I think the Pens was the closest series the caps have had, and i have 0 doubt that if the Pens had won they would have 3 peated.  Just like if we had won game 7 last year we would currently be going for our 2nd cup

The caps and pens are teams that are case studies in how a playoff roster is different from a regular season roster.  Jmo

14 minutes ago, zoony said:

I love the hate, ultimate sign of respect

I think the Pens was the closest series the caps have had, and i have 0 doubt that if the Pens had won they would have 3 peated.  Just like if we had won game 7 last year we would currently be going for our 2nd cup

The caps and pens are teams that are case studies in how a playoff roster is different from a regular season roster.  Jmo

Speaking of hate lol...

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/146609537/

So anyone know what the deal is with drinking out on the streets during the viewing parties?  It looked like people were just open carrying beers while watching the game outside from the videos I saw.  Anyone experience it and have any issues or anything?  I'm thinking of going with a bookbag or something tomorrow if I go, so I can have a few drinks while enjoying the festivities.

Archived