Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYDN: Passenger Dragged off of Overbooked United Airlines Plane

RonArtest15

Bound to happen eventually. Every flight is overbooked to compensate for cancellations and people not showing up. 

Felt bad for United on the last controversy, they didn't let 2 young girls on a plane because they were wearing leggings which caused an uproar, but people didn't realize the 2 young girls were on company tickets. 

If you work for an airline, then you have to dress appropriately if you are using those tickets for personal use. Everyone knows this. I remember I had a buddy from Florida, I don't think this guy even owned clothes besides flip-flops and a t-shirt. He called me randomly when I lived in CA because he was stuck in Oakland, and needed someone to give him a ride so he could buy some shoes because they wouldn't let him on the plane. His sister worked for the airline and he was using her vouchers. 

Why are airlines allowed to overbook?

This country is such a mess, and if you want to start somewhere look at the airline industry. Seating space gets smaller and smaller. Peanuts and soda for in-flight meals. Seats are not cleaned in between flights. They charge fees for everything. Flying a plane in this country is getting worse and worse by the day. No government entity will step in to regulate this either. Its disgusting.

Likely there's a tiny clause written in #2 font so small no one could read it without a micron microscope that says he has no rights to sue against this, but he should. That was disgraceful and violent.. I'd almost like to see criminal charges against the security guys throwing a guy out of a chair head first into another armrest when he was posing absolutely no security threat at all.

He's a paid customer. If United needs to get crew to another destination, and it means throwing off a man who clearly had to be where he was going, then **** off, charter a ****ing plane for your ****ing employees. Seems to me if they are in the wrong city, it's the fault of the company for such piss poor scheduling.

~Bang

2 minutes ago, Bang said:

Likely there's a tiny clause written in #2 font so small no one could read it without a micron microscope that says he has no rights to sue against this, but he should.

~Bang

Probably actually states that payment for this ticket in no way guarantees a seat on the flight as described at time of purchase.

Not hard to see in the contract's right to 

(2) change or modify any of its conditions of contract with or without notice to ticketed passengers.

•  
18 minutes ago, Destino said:

Do people have rights in airports?  I thought we all agreed as a nation that airports would be our little pockets of authoritarianism. 

More like a ship, the Captain says flog him and keelhaul.....ya get to flogging and hauling.

7 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

And yet, this man will sue anyway....and the PR disaster this has become will mean United won't allow it to go to court and they'll settle. 

of course, despite he was allowed back on the plane.

ya gotta rough em up a little to keep em in line...even if it costs a few bucks

31 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Why are airlines allowed to overbook?

This country is such a mess, and if you want to start somewhere look at the airline industry. Seating space gets smaller and smaller. Peanuts and soda for in-flight meals. Seats are not cleaned in between flights. They charge fees for everything. Flying a plane in this country is getting worse and worse by the day. No government entity will step in to regulate this either. Its disgusting.

Bro, u ain't lying...

Forgot what airline I was on, but it was a short flight from Tampa back to DC.  Had DirecTV, or so I thought.  Joint cut off after 11 minutes and then to continue, you had to pay something like $8 for the rest of the flight.  TV certainly would have made the 1h 45m flight go faster, but you gotta be insane to pay those prices. 

Also, don't even get me started on Spirit Airlines.  Told myself no matter how cheap the flight, I won't be using them again.  And I haven't. 

Jet Blue, when I can. 

1 minute ago, twa said:

of course, despite he was allowed back on the plane.

ya gotta rough em up a little to keep em in line...even if it costs a few bucks

This would be something you'd say. 

16 minutes ago, DM72 said:

LOL...Spirit Airlines. I was told that it's the "Soul Plane" of the airline industry.

It is tho lol

6 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Btw, I know I'm not the only terrible person around here laughing at the video. 

It plays on a loop and I just kept hearing the guy scream and the lady with the OH MY GODS!!!! 

Not at all lol

32 minutes ago, DM72 said:

LOL...Spirit Airlines. I was told that it's the "Soul Plane" of the airline industry.

LOL...had two flight attendants cuddling/making out behind me in an empty seat. 

airTran isn't much better....although that flight back from Miami was lit back in the day hahahahaha

18 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I cant imagine putting up that much of a fight to keep my seat.  Did he think he was going to be able to argue his way into keeping it?  

Guarantee he was thinking about the law suite. I know I would have been. 

"Yes please drag me away to my millions" 

7 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Odd ... some of more ardent civil justice posters seem to enjoy the use of excessive force in this situation and think his only motivation was for money ... kinda disappointed. Oh well, internet and stuff. 

<-----Guilty. I think part of it is because we know this guy is going to come out on top here. 

No jail time. No bullet holes. Honestly its not really the same type of thing in my eyes. 

Archived