Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYDN: Passenger Dragged off of Overbooked United Airlines Plane

RonArtest15

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Was listening to NPR this morning, guy said only Jet Blue doesn't overbook flights.  With all these computers we have these days, how are flights among most of the major carriers still getting overbooked?

They're not overbooking by accident, they're overbooking on purpose.  

8 hours ago, clietas said:

I certainly agree with this. Unfortunately ones day in court doesn't always result in justice prevailing.

Sometimes the wronged don't make it to court. They die in lock up or on the street, or maybe even if they are awaiting their day in court, a shady prosecutor trumps up so many charges they take the plea deal so they don't lose their job and/or house trying to fight for justice. 

Gotta love our justice system, right? Working as intended. 

53 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Whatever. Still shouldn't have been dragged. Don't know what the cop was thinking. 

Still want him ostracized from society like the pariah he is. **** that dude. 

I'm interested in why the center of your hate in this incident is this one cop, instead of United who orchestrated this entire situation with their ridiculous policies. 

I get he was completely in the wrong. But I don't want his life ruined. I just want him to find a job in a different profession that doesn't involve serving the public. 

I'm sorry, this guy was extra dramatic.  The way he was acting, during and after, you'd think they were torturing him and pulling his fingernails out.  I'm pretty sure his legs worked to not have to get dragged like a sack of dirty laundry.

There was video of him after saying "just kill me".  Really dude. Get a grip.  

1 hour ago, ixcuincle said:

There are literally other ways to grab him out of the seat other than clobber ing him in the noggin. Now that cop is going to be on a blacklist and the victim of bad pr. His life is ruined rofl. As it should be. Goon. 

Other ways her ways but you fail to list a single way. Seriously, be specific. If a guy isn't going to move, you have to forcibly remove him. 

14 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm sorry, this guy was extra dramatic.  The way he was acting, during and after, you'd think they were torturing him and pulling his fingernails out.  I'm pretty sure his legs worked to not have to get dragged like a sack of dirty laundry.

There was video of him after saying "just kill me".  Really dude. Get a grip.  

Also everyone on the plane was reprimanding the employees and saying they should be ashamed to work for United. 

I mean the people here saying he deserved to get beat up and dragged down or that he was being dramatic think about the real villain here. United. That guy is a victim. United and their ceo who publicly defended this act and called him belligerent. What did he do? He was just chilling in his seat. Then he was told last minute to get out. Like what did he do.. 

Stop overbooking. Stop using lethal force for nonviolent criminals. 

2 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Other ways her ways but you fail to list a single way. Seriously, be specific. If a guy isn't going to move, you have to forcibly remove him. 

You could lift him up, cuff him and take him away humanely. Still outrage and still gets filmed but nobody is looking like a beat up bloody victim. Do you not understand what a huge pr disaster that is for united? 

Again my entire time line on social media is filled with angry Asians threatening boycott of United. When you ever known an Asian to be belligerent. We calm ninjas man. We not aggressive 

5 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Also everyone on the plane was reprimanding the employees and saying they should be ashamed to work for United. 

I mean the people here saying he deserved to get beat up and dragged down or that he was being dramatic think about the real villain here. United. That guy is a victim. United and their ceo who publicly defended this act and called him belligerent. What did he do? He was just chilling in his seat. Then he was told last minute to get out. Like what did he do.. 

Stop overbooking. Stop using lethal force for nonviolent criminals. 

Lethal force wasn't used. Both sides were wrong. I actually just heard that united didn't offer cash, only a voucher... which makes them more ****ty. But the guy put on a hug show and told the police to go **** themselves.. consequences follow. 

3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

You could lift him up, cuff him and take him away humanely. Still outrage and still gets filmed but nobody is looking like a beat up bloody victim. Do you not understand what a huge pr disaster that is for united? 

Have you you ever tried to lift 180lbs dead lumpy weight? It's not like they are lifting up a microwave. He is not a victim. He made a choice to be an asshole. So did United. It's bad for united, yeah. But saying the cop who was doing his job should have his life ruined is cruel, hateful, and rediculous.

1 minute ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Lethal force wasn't used. Both sides were wrong. I actually just heard that united didn't offer cash, only a voucher... which makes them more ****ty. But the guy put on a hug show and told the police to go **** themselves.. consequences follow. 

Have you you ever tried to lift 180lbs dead lumpy weight? It's not like they are lifting up a microwave.

So we should incapacitate him and drag him out? 

The second he assaults that officer I lose any defense. Never hit a cop ever. 

I agree that nobody's right in this case and he was probably wrong but he didn't deserve to be beat up and physically assaulted. Again I saw this at the caps game. Woman started a ruckus. Security gets called in and walks her out. Nobody got bloodied up. 

While there is a small part of me that wants to look crosseyed at the guy who refused to move, I'm just going to fight the urge.

I also wont blame the cops.  They were called.  That's their job.

But ffs United.  I get it that youre allowed to overbook your flights (still doesnt make sense to me though, because if someone doesnt show, you still have their money).  But when you get caught in the trap you set for yourself, YOU need to suffer the consequence.  Keep raising the offer til someone accepts.  Or pay to charter your employees.  

Just now, RedskinsMayne said:

If he won't move, what else are you going to do. 

Beat him up but suffer huge pr backlash and millions of angry Asians? 

Yeah, I'll take him out of the seat. Maybe he can be prodded out. "come on buddy let's go" then he sees the cops there and the muscle And he say okay. But if he doesn't you can just get him out of the seat. I don't think I can emphasize enough how clobber ing him or using any kind of bludgeoning tactics to incapacitate him is NOT the answer. It's severe overreacting and they deserve every iota of mad pr backlash. 

Even if you put your hands on him lightly he'll probably get the message and leave without a fuss. I know if I were pissed about being thrown off a plane I'll fight and be obstinate but the second a light hand comes over the shoulder and say "Let's go buddy" I'll get up and go. But I might talk a little **** too back. 

You'll never be able to convince me of the advantages of beating someone up. Maybe it's my past history when I used to use actions and brute force over words. I just can't see how that's alright. Watching that video triggered bad memories of my own days beating people up to coerce them to do my bidding. I long ago realized violence was not the answer. 

Then again I'd probably be a terrible cop ?

United ****ed up. The cop was placed in a no win situation - the flight crew called with a non-compliant customer.  The officer is obligated to remove that passenger. If the officer doesn't remove the passenger, the plane will not depart. EVERYONE on board will be delayed until a resolution can be reached. This is 100% on United. You overbooked the flight, allowed passengers to board, and then tried to convince people to "voluntarily" deplane for vouchers. You don't call for airport security, you keep increasing the offer until someone bites. You don't employ a "random" algorithm to select which passenger to force to deplane. Is it random? Does it look for single ticket holders to avoid kicking off a single parent travelling with kids? Handicapped passengers? Couples? Families? It can't truly be random, because I guarantee they didn't deplane any 1st class passengers. Don't direct your anger at the officer, he loses no matter what he does because United ****ed up. Direct your anger at United. Even before this happened, United would NEVER get my business. Smallest seats, most delays and cancellations, ****tiest customer service.

United needs new PR and a new CEO. How can you seriously claim the man was denied boarding when he was already on board and in his seat? 

31 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Stop using lethal force for nonviolent criminals. 

Hang on bruh....lol

26 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

While there is a small part of me that wants to look crosseyed at the guy who refused to move, I'm just going to fight the urge.

I also wont blame the cops.  They were called.  That's their job.

But ffs United.  I get it that youre allowed to overbook your flights (still doesnt make sense to me though, because if someone doesnt show, you still have their money).  But when you get caught in the trap you set for yourself, YOU need to suffer the consequence.  Keep raising the offer til someone accepts.  Or pay to charter your employees.  

Can't agree more. They created a messed up situation and blamed it on the guy who got his ads kicked. Jerk move. 

I KNOW more could have been done to avoid the sotuation. But they are paying for it now. 

Archived