Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

39 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

^^ this part of America is thankfully dying off. Every day this will be a browner country. Thank god. 

Its really not though. If anything they are raging back. I know its not all of them, some of them might be good people, but they are not sending their best people. 

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

I'm white.  Ted Nugent doesn't speak for me.  I don't even like his music.

Ted Nugent is a pos and doesn't speak for me either, but Stranglehold is a ****ing classic

21 hours ago, No Excuses said:

When you fail to fill key positions in the State Department, you get to send your unqualified kids all over the world to do "official" stuff and things.

People think the vacancies in the government of important roles are not by design. I think they are wrong. These vacancies are a way for Trump and his cronies to exert more top down control. Except they suck at their jobs and our government looks like dumb and incompetent week after week.

Also, Trump's goal is to eliminate alot of the government; so that's also why he isn't filling those positions.

19 hours ago, mistertim said:

i have this feeling that even @twamight agree with me on this anti-Trump thing.

No, then you don't know TWA.  It's GOP all the way.  He'll take an incompetent Trump over his satan- Hillary; any day.  So, will alot of GOPers and not just the far right.

19 hours ago, mistertim said:

i have this feeling that even @twamight agree with me on this anti-Trump thing.

Clearly you are unfamiliar with the limits of bot programming. To clarify, let me provide you with an example.  Let's say that, rather than Donald Trump, Charles Manson was the GOP candidate.

Mistertim: This guy is a homicidal maniac. I can't believe anyone would vote for him!

TWA: More people were murdered in Benghazi than at Sharon Tate's house, but keep telling yourself Hillary's not as bad.

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Canada has s milk surplus which is lowering prices for consumers. Dairy farmers don't like it and Trump is siding with them. 

That's not quite it. Canada has government intervention in milk prices and Trudeau ran on lower prices for milk, which he is doing. The prices of milk produced in Canada is lower now, and this combined with tariffs and outright blocks Canada is placing on US milk means that US dairy farmers that used to export milk to Canada are losing a lot of business because they can't compete on price.

Trump is complaining about protectionism abroad while advocating it at home, basically.

You can get a lot of the background here: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/as-the-political-cost-declines-so-will-canadas-supply-managed-dairy-market/article34756363/

That article also explains why the author thinks the system is going to end sooner or later.

2 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

@twa I'm serious here, you really do owe an explanation for this post.

Deleting is not enough, you owe us an explanation.

Well he will not be around for a short while to provide it. Neither will anyone else who follows him down the same rat hole of attacking fellow posters in any way. Attack what people say or their ideas - do not attack the poster themselves.

Republicans need to be very careful in the coming week.  They could very well seal their fate for 2018.

Trump is terribly, horribly desperate for a big win before 100 days.  He's gonna try and push through tax reform or healthcare before the clock is up.

Of course, this means these plans will be poorly planned and constructed messes.  I know people love to bash the government for overly complex legislation, but listen, crafting good legislation/policy is hard and time consuming.  There is no way Trump or the rest of the GOP can craft legislation that is going to have a positive impact in a week.  At best they could shove through one Senator's or Rep's vision, but visions of individual people, absent open debate, are almost always very flawed.

The GOP needs to be smart and avoid rushing into passing a Trump supported bill.  A win to beat 100 days could be a death knell for their 2018 prospects if they pass something big like tax reform which totally flops before 2018.

Archived