Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

Jesus Christ.

I wish I had some sort of machine that could look at alternate realities where Random Asshole was the GOP presidential nominee to see all of the ways that the brainless dolts convince themselves that Random Asshole is awesome and not actually a complete disaster.

"President Santana Moss obviously knows about leadership and keeps it real"

"President Heartbreak Kid Sean Michaels love his people and is going to deliver sweet chin music to North Korea!"

Terrible reporting by AP. Your doing an in person interview. How about putting some effort into it. I'm glad trump knows what NATO is now. He's heading in the right direction, Who knows, maybe one he gets around to figuring out what obamacare is he'll want to keep that too!

5 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

He's heading in the right direction, Who knows, maybe one he gets around to figuring out what obamacare is he'll want to keep that too!

Yes, well... Unfortunately the rate at which his brain is deteriorating appears to far outpace the speed at which he is learning.

I think he has a point about the news media being terrible. The news media is about entertainment and ratings, not about reporting facts.... Fox news is just like msnbc, I find cnn the most paletable.. well except for don lemon and farheed zakarahia... or whatever his name is. But, still it's mostly some stiff anchor asking two talking heads rhetorical questions.  Anchor asks democratic if trump is bad... shocking answer yes he is, anchor asks republican if trump is bad, shocking answer he does things his own way.

meh.

25 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

"You know, back when they did NATO there was no such thing as terrorism."

- President of the United States Donald J. Trump

I think he has a point. Terrorism was invented in 2011. We all remember the Muslims having prom on the rooftops of NJ. NATO was invented in some year before that. I think it was during Bill Clinton's regime. We went like 20 years with this obsolete deal until Trump made it unobsolete.

Also this lovely tidbit:

The name calling I get, that's a standard Trump thing, but why is he bringing 9/11 into this?

Why does this administration feel the compulsion to bring tragedy into things and then discuss them in a completely inappropriate way?

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I continue to be stunned that he really can say and do anything he wants and 40% of voters are totally fine with it. 

Thats the the power of racist rhetoric.  It's the be all/end all for his supporters.  The moment he starts referring to black/Hispanic /non-Christian Americans in complimentary terms is the moment his political career ends.  Nothing else matters.

Friday night Bill Maher said, "I wake up every morning & it's like, 'What did the mental patient do now?'"  That's how I feel.  There is a blithering idiot in charge of MY COUNTRY...not a district, not a state...the COUNTRY. 

And this country carries a lot of responsibility.  If I think about it too much, I actually cry.

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

I continue to be stunned that he really can say and do anything he wants and 40% of voters are totally fine with it. 

51 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Friday night Bill Maher said, "I wake up every morning & it's like, 'What did the mental patient do now?'"  That's how I feel.  There is a blithering idiot in charge of MY COUNTRY...not a district, not a state...the COUNTRY. 

And this country carries a lot of responsibility.  If I think about it too much, I actually cry.

I watched Bill Maher over the weekend. The most telling part for me was during a conversation show in a video embedded in the article posted below. This all pretty much happened as the video and article explains. Eventually Cupp agreed, which was a nice surprise. During the show, she seemed rather down on the Donald. Wish there was more of this among the base, but as the Pew research demonstrates, that's likely not going to happen.

This was rather telling: https://egbertowillies.com/2017/04/23/bill-maher-uses-poll-force-conservative-concede-gop-base-tribal-facts-dont-matter-video/

Maher read a couple of results from a recent Pew Poll that gave a distinctly different impression about the GOP base. It made it quite obvious that the GOP voter is hyper-partisan, so much so that it clouds their ability to think objectively. It is that reality that allows them to be so easily deceived by their politicians.

Bill Maher pointed out that even though the economy has not changed in any meaningful way under Trump, Republicans magically believe it is doing much better. When Obama wanted to bomb Syria, only 22% of Republicans approved. Now 88% approve of Trump bombing Syria. The income tax has not changed under Trump. Yet, Republicans went from it being 39% fair to 56% fair. Democrats answers remained statistically the same.

"They are more tribal," Bill Maher said of Republicans. "I am sorry. And they are less concerned with observable reality. That seems like, there are facts in there that say that."

When NATO formed wars were between states. now we have wars against factions and radical offshoots that are not connected in any way to sovereign nations.

It is different in how NATO must approach defending the free world against such a threat than it was when it was formed.

Frankly, i don't think Trump is wrong in what he says about NATO, and how he explains his backtrack on the things he said before.

I think it's an actual moment of honest clarity of a candidate turned president.

Candidates say a lot of things that they find out they shouldn't' have said once they get elected and are privy to information they did not have before.

I don't hold campaign promises as stringently as our media likes to.. and it is for this exact reason.

IE: Obama promises to close Gitmo, finds out once elected why he CAN'T, and also due to it's sensitivity is unable to tell us why he broke the promise.

Blood in the water for his enemies, and its gets pounced upon. 

I see this as no different, except maybe in the regard that Trump should know prior that NATO is not obsolete... and his enemies are pouncing on what should be, IMO a bit of common sense. 

But it sounds to me like Trump is taking new information on this topic and adjusting his position accordingly. And i can't fault him for that.

~Bang

25 minutes ago, Bang said:

When NATO formed wars were between states. now we have wars against factions and radical offshoots that are not connected in any way to sovereign nations.

It is different in how NATO must approach defending the free world against such a threat than it was when it was formed.

Frankly, i don't think Trump is wrong in what he says about NATO, and how he explains his backtrack on the things he said before.

I think it's an actual moment of honest clarity of a candidate turned president.

Candidates say a lot of things that they find out they shouldn't' have said once they get elected and are privy to information they did not have before.

I don't hold campaign promises as stringently as our media likes to.. and it is for this exact reason.

IE: Obama promises to close Gitmo, finds out once elected why he CAN'T, and also due to it's sensitivity is unable to tell us why he broke the promise.

Blood in the water for his enemies, and its gets pounced upon. 

I see this as no different, except maybe in the regard that Trump should know prior that NATO is not obsolete... and his enemies are pouncing on what should be, IMO a bit of common sense. 

But it sounds to me like Trump is taking new information on this topic and adjusting his position accordingly. And i can't fault him for that.

~Bang

Except that Trump's backtracking is happening on virtually everything he said during the campaign.  Whatever got the biggest cheers during his stupid rallies became bedrock planks of his campaign. 

- Mexico is going to pay for a wall? Bull****.

- Job one will be to repeal and replace Obamacare? "Nobody knew health care was this complicated."

- China is a currency manipulator?  "Not really, after me and President Xi had the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake you've ever seen."

- Drain the swamp? Please.

- Ban Muslims? Well, yeah, some old piece of paper called the Constitution says you can't do that.

- Lock her up? The jail might be too overcrowded with felons from your administration.

- He'll be too busy to play golf?  He could go on the PGA Senior's Tour now with all the practice he's getting.  And he might do well because he'd cheat like hell.

I'm not saying anything about any of those.. just that one.

He has a long way to go in reversing almost everything he said and did before he can even start to fathom the job, as far as i'm concerend.

but the NATO bit,, well, he did make the correct turn, and I think it's only fair when judging him that we do not ignore the positives due to the overwhelming negatives. (and he didn't gloss it over either. He basically said what he's learned changed his mind.)

~Bang

36 minutes ago, Bang said:

I'm not saying anything about any of those.. just that one.

He has a long way to go in reversing almost everything he said and did before he can even start to fathom the job, as far as i'm concerend.

but the NATO bit,, well, he did make the correct turn, and I think it's only fair when judging him that we do not ignore the positives due to the overwhelming negatives. (and he didn't gloss it over either. He basically said what he's learned changed his mind.)

~Bang

I don't mind when politicians change their minds, but it's clear Trump has virtually no knowledge foundation on any issue. What I think is different regarding Trump isn't that he breaks a campaign promise, it's that he flat out lied about everything. "I have a great health care plan, believe me." He literally had no health care plan. The amount of that and bat **** crazy things he says...SMH

Archived