Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump and his cabinet/buffoonery- Get your bunkers ready!

brandymac27

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

We pay farmers not to grow food to control prices... I don't think hunger is an environmental problem.

Ira Einhorn was on stage hosting the first Earth Day event at the Fairmount Park in Philadelphia on April 22, 1970. Seven years later, police raided his closet and found the "composted" body of his ex-girlfriend inside a trunk.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42711922/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/earth-day-co-founder-killed-composted-girlfriend/#.WPwX_YgrJdg

16 minutes ago, twa said:

Ira Einhorn was on stage hosting the first Earth Day event at the Fairmount Park in Philadelphia on April 22, 1970. Seven years later, police raided his closet and found the "composted" body of his ex-girlfriend inside a trunk.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42711922/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/earth-day-co-founder-killed-composted-girlfriend/#.WPwX_YgrJdg

I think I remember this story. Didn't he then assume his girlfriend's identity? Einhorn was the girlfriend's name originally and then he started pretending to be her. His real name was Finkel, I believe.

edit: Yeah, looked it up. Ray Finkle (sp). Played kicker for the Dolphins.

New WaPo poll about Trump's performance indicates that, if the election were held today, 43 percent of the respondents would vote for Trump and 40 percent for Hillary. This really speaks to how terrible of a campaign she ran and how bad of a candidate she was. I really want to read the new book "Shattered" about the campaign, which illustrates how much her field officers and even her husband were ignored by campaign HQ.

I don't really buy that poll, too many X factors not accounted for.

Results change cognition.  People who voted for Clinton because she was a good choice but not that person's first choice likely have a bit of "told you so"-ism going on.  

"I knew she was a bad candidate" says the Bernie bro, "I shoulda never voted for her."

But let's pretend the Supreme Court invalidated the election tomorrow and set another election for November, with all the same candidates as 2016.  I'll bet the vast majority of that 15% votes for Hillary again because then their vote, their answer, would be real.  There's no price paid for Hillary voters to say they'd vote for someone else now as the election is done, but if the election were somehow undone then there would be an actual price paid, and that would absolutely impact their vote.

Meanwhile, the Trump voters still have skin in the game, their buyer's remorse will creep in over time but at less than 100 days in they're holding out hope.  But there is a price to be "paid" for abandoning support of Trump.  Trump is still gonna run in 2020, presumably.

Finally, the single biggest factor in Hillary's loss has basically been determined to be the Comey letter regarding the Wiener emails.  She lost 3% of her advantage in the immediate aftermath of that, and lost a number of states needed to win by less than 1%.

Not that Hillary's campaign was perfect or even great/good, but if not for the Comey letter, there is like a 95% chance she is President, and all the talk of her bad campaign dissipates.

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

New WaPo poll about Trump's performance indicates that, if the election were held today, 43 percent of the respondents would vote for Trump and 40 percent for Hillary. This really speaks to how terrible of a campaign she ran and how bad of a candidate she was.

Speaks to a few other things, too.

3 hours ago, hail2skins said:

New WaPo poll about Trump's performance indicates that, if the election were held today, 43 percent of the respondents would vote for Trump and 40 percent for Hillary. This really speaks to how terrible of a campaign she ran and how bad of a candidate she was. I really want to read the new book "Shattered" about the campaign, which illustrates how much her field officers and even her husband were ignored by campaign HQ.

Where do you get that from?  I don't see it in the poll and the track of his approval ratings does not indicate he would do better today.

7 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Where do you get that from?  I don't see it in the poll and the track of his approval ratings does not indicate he would do better today.

RF44, here's a blog entry about the poll, which links to the WaPo story. Looks like all the poll respondents gave Hillary a 4 point edge on an election do over, while those who were polled and actually voted in the election gave Trump a 3 point edge.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/04/23/poll-trump-beat-clinton-rematch-among-2016-voters/

Archived