Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome the New Mods and Express Your Sympathy

Jumbo

We'd like to again thank those of you who were willing to plunge into the abyss, and know that there are still some of you we're keeping in mind for down the road because you never know when at least one of us may be unable to make bail.  B)

And now for the winners of your 2015 Moderator Star Search:

Starting with the nominee who dazzled in the swimsuit competition (though a two piece was a tad unexpected)---Destino!

Des may be more familiar to some as a very long time and well-respected staple (and an unusually stable one) of the tailgate forum where he touches on many subjects with thoughtfulness and insight and humor, yet is one of those intrepid ES'ers who dares to post in the stadium and ATN, too.  We also hear that Des has some sort of ethnicity (that's how he wrote it on his application) that might cover our ass with the NFL's minority hire rules. So off we go!

Welcome Destino!

An impressive showing in the talent competition was made by our next nominee, when he ate a variety of the foulest looking and smelling food since Fear Factor, and all were traditional dishes of his homeland. We were also under a little pressure from the NFL again with their whole London affliction to pick a limey and since we're lucky enough to have our own squad of Brits, we chose Martin C. Martin is calm, collected. and rational. He's quite intelligent, knows his football, usually succinct, and regularly conducts himself as a mature adult. We have no idea why he wants to hang out on ES, but we got him now!

Welcome Martin C! 

And our final sacrifice...I mean winner... is none other than thesubmittedone. sub did the best with the interview competition where candidates were asked some really important stuff that none of us remember anything about. What is important to know about sub, aside from our thinking that he took his screen name from an interest in the kinkier side of romance, is that he also is a reg in our three main forums, knows football, knows the board, and is burdened with an ability to see more than one side with most issues and works towards drawing a reasoned conclusion and expressing it well. Again, there's some handicaps here, but we'll work with him.

Welcome thesubmittedone!

These guys have long shown their worth in every way---they love the Redskins, they love extremeskins and they care about (and understand) the community here, just as so many of you do. We are very fortunate on ES. Please give them your support and cooperation and try to show them mercy.  :P

The Brittish are coming! The Brittish are coming! 

DcvZz.gif

First there was The Beatles. 

Then Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Judus Priest, Def Leporad, & Whitesnake, who gave us Tawny Kitaen on the hood of a car.

A~hem.

tawney-kitane-300x218.jpg

Now, there's another Brittish Invasion coming to ES. Behold MartinC. For Brittish Invasions, you've got some legacy to match up to. You top the Whitesnake contribution, you're golden. :)  Well.....that or you can always start shipping some Tennets this way. :D

Behold Destino.

For a guy that walks in the door with his own action figure ready to roll out, he's pretty impressive. 

Destro-TV-Card-Cobra-GIjoe_1226271994.jp

Word from Dez is there'll be a GI Joe low rider avaible at the start of the next quarter & pre orders will start next month.

Behold thesubmittedone.

He'll be along as soon as he gets his Fandango tickets for this flick:

May Joe Gibbs have mercy on their souls for what's about to come....

Typical despite the appearace of a broad an extensive search we end up with the same old face the es modderators wanted all the time ....

I mean what was the point in even interviewing yakuza Ritch from the cowboy zone if all we were going to do was hire some deserving well respected posters WE ALREADY KNEW !!!

For goodness sake ...

No seriously I want to congratulate someone ... The new mods ... But then the rubbish that goes on here and the death threats tk alluded too ... Well ... Cannot say you were not warned .... Congratulations seems the wrong word .... But thanks seems better .... Someone needs to help keep the peace ...and clear up after everyone else and well spend even more time than strictly would be considered healthy on an Internet forum .... So Thanks guys ...

I could congratulate the existing moderators for being able to share your curse .... I mean resonsibilty and status

But I think the winners will be es itself with new knowledgable and rational moderators helping to keep the forum running smoothly ... So congratulations us ...

Woohoo

Go Us

Fifty shades of grey, action figures and MartinC...

What an image......

That really does not bear thinking about - some things can never be unthought :-)

Seriously appreciate the congratulations and even the laughter! I can confirm I do have a Tampa Bay connection - well I've been there anyway ...

Archived