Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

Blaming one side or the other is pointless as they have both had failures in states and cities. While I love the GOP's new found concern for poor people, I want to know what policies they are interested in implementing to help them.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/289883-trump-draws-backlash-for-comments-on-slain-soldiers

Trump draws backlash for comments on slain soldier's father

Donald Trump is facing backlash from both sides of the aisle for attacking Khizr Khan, the father of a U.S. soldier killed in Iraq that strongly rebuked Trump last week at the Democratic convention.

A spokeswoman for Speaker Paul Ryan Saturday responded to Trump's comments, reaffirming the Speaker's distaste for Trump's rhetoric about Muslims.

"The speaker has made clear many times that he rejects this idea, and himself has talked about how Muslim Americans have made the ultimate sacrifice for this country," AshLee Strong said in a statement to CBS News.

Tim Miller, a former communications director for Jeb Bush's presidential campaign, called Trump's comments "inhuman."

"Her son is dead. This is inhuman," he tweeted.

Blaming one side or the other is pointless as they have both had failures in states and cities. While I love the GOP's new found concern for poor people, I want to know what policies they are interested in implementing to help them.

both vocational and advanced classes in schools combined with partnering with businesses for both mentoring and internships

creating job opportunity and reducing barriers to both employment and starting a business

adjusting zoning so both living and working can expand

lowering the cost of college and expanding both access and offering job specific training courses

come see, we been doing it for awhile

The Democrats have always been about protectionism and ensuring that jobs don't ship overseas. Trump is appealing to the same people as well, and it appears that he will win that vote in a landslide. He will do much better than Romney did.

Here is what my White colleague told me ( and I am a minority): whites are becoming a minority in this country. She plans to vote for Trump. She also believes that Obama is a Muslim. I called her a racist, but then I immediately apologized, lol.

what policies do some of you want to see in a platform that would help poor people? Or how are they supposed to demonstrate the "really care?"

I'd like to see the education system significantly reformed. That would help with the future generations.

A training/relocation program for the poor of today.

I'd like serious change in our drug policy. I think our current system negatively affects them the most.

The current system, and fighting over the funding, doesn't work.

I'm sure I could come up with specifics but the reality is it would take someone smarter than me in the various areas to come up with a good plan. It would take months of work.

Obama is a Muslim according to Muslim doctrine and attended Christian church....it's a wonderful country

whites have been a minority round my parts for awhile  :P ....they still got jobs

Blaming one side or the other is pointless as they have both had failures in states and cities.

Which is why I blame both sides.

The right's insistence that they just need to not be lazy is as frustrating to me as the left's insistence that they have done anything worth being proud of.

Poverty is bad in our country and the signs of it can be found everywhere. Especially in the prison system.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/donald-trump-elevator-colorado-226470#ixzz4FweHSMvm

Donald Trump was trapped in an elevator for 30 minutes ahead of a Friday rally before being rescued by Colorado Springs fire department, multiple local news outlets reported Saturday.

According to news station KRDO, emergency crews responded to an elevator rescue at The Mining Exchange Hotel where a group of 10, including the Republican nominee, were trapped between the first and second floor.

"The firefighters were able to secure the elevator, open the top elevator hatch, lower a ladder into the elevator which allowed all individuals to self-evacuate, including Mr. Trump, onto the second floor lobby area," Steven Wilch, who is with the Colorado Springs Fire Department, told KRDO.

Within an hour, the station noted, the GOP presidential nominee was bashing the fire marshal at his rally.

both vocational and advanced classes in schools combined with partnering with businesses for both mentoring and internships

creating job opportunity and reducing barriers to both employment and starting a business

adjusting zoning so both living and working can expand

lowering the cost of college and expanding both access and offering job specific training courses

come see, we been doing it for awhile

While some of those are fine ideas that I agree with, Texas has a pretty high poverty rate.

How does adjusting the zoning help or hurt?

While some of those are fine ideas that I agree with, Texas has a pretty high poverty rate.

How does adjusting the zoning help or hurt?

allows affordable housing and business creation....while reducing costs

I'd rather be in poverty here where I can get by ......I am in poverty if I lived in some of your restricted areas

allows affordable housing and business creation....while reducing costs

I'd rather be in poverty here where I can get by ......I am in poverty if I lived in some of your restricted areas

http://urbanedge.blogs.rice.edu/2015/09/08/forget-what-youve-heard-houston-really-does-have-zoning-sort-of/#.V51iMusrLDc

"For Festa, the evidence is clear: there’s something that seems a lot like zoning in Houston. It’s almost useless to debate whether it exists.

Instead, what’s more important is to have a discussion about whether the de facto zoning system is working for all residents. That doesn’t seem to be happening. The problem, Festa said, “is there’s no comprehensive plan.”

As decisions about building are made, they’re often not done in a way that examines how they positively or negatively affect each neighborhood.

Instead, it’s the communities with the time, resources and political clout that essentially have the power to restrict development within their borders. That pushes it to other areas without a meaningful discussion of the citywide implications."

What Houston might have is the worst of both worlds: all the burdens of regulation and none of the foresight to use it effectively. “It works like zoning,” Festa said, “but it’s not the product of a comprehensive plan.”

He is a despicable human being.

This, surely, is going to loose him significant support. It's one thing to make general fear-mongering statements tying all Muslims to radicals, and to make connections with terrorism, security, immigration etc.

It's quite another to make a personal attack on the parents grieving over the loss of their son who is a national hero.

What Houston might have is the worst of both worlds: all the burdens of regulation and none of the foresight to use it effectively. “It works like zoning,” Festa said, “but it’s not the product of a comprehensive plan.”

festa seems bigoted 

can you explain why Detroit and Chicago are bankrupt or near it?

we could follow the model of a non-welfare state that has the highest credit rating of all states  :P

whose self interests are you referring to?

A lot of things affect the economy of states.  Predicto has written quite a bit about the ability of middle class people being able to flee cities in what are plains states.

But other things also had an effect that most people don't even think about.  Things like the legality/enforcement of non-compete clauses.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20150318/NEWS01/150319843/laws-on-noncompete-agreements-hurt-michigan-new-study-says

"The inventors were, unsurprisingly, particularly likely to relocate to states that did not enforce noncompetes. The researchers controlled for other factors that could have encouraged entrepreneurs to pack up, such as the decline in Michigan’s auto and agriculture industries, and found the same pattern.

Even worse for Michigan, its most talented inventors were also the most likely to flee."

Archived