10-Yard Split

Vertical Jump
36’’

Broad Jump
10’ 1’’

3-Cone Drill

20-Yd Shuttle

Overview

Big slot target who comes from high-end NFL bloodlines and who showed noticeable improvement in his second season at the position. Luke lacks the size of his father, former Pro Bowl receiver Ed McCaffrey, and the explosiveness of his brother, Offensive Player of the Year Christian McCaffrey, but he catches with soft hands, great focus and extreme toughness. McCaffrey struggles to release and bypass press coverage and might not have enough separation quickness or top-end speed to uncover against NFL defenders. However, with additional time to learn the position and fine-tune his route running, McCaffrey might be able to follow his dad and brother into the league as a possession slot receiver.

Strengths

• The former QB took a big step forward in his second season at receiver.
  • Accelerates into top speed fairly quickly.
  • Fearless into the teeth of the defense and excels at combat catches.
  • Route running improved over the second half of 2023.
  • Made jaw-dropping one-handed catches with coverage draped over him.
  • Focus drops do not exist in his dojo.

Weaknesses

• Had trouble releasing cleanly against serious press attempts.
  • Movement is more one-speed than sudden and shifty.
  • Still needs work getting in and out of breaks more quickly.
  • Can improve with adjustments coming back to deep throws.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not gonna lie, pretty shocked he went this early, but I’m for it.  With that short speed, I’m looking for quick separation, and combined with those hands, he’s gonna be a guy Daniels trusts/leans on sooner rather than later.  And having Crowder to compete with and learn from is a boon IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, redskinss said:

How do they get to that score of 9.44 when the average of the rest of the numbers combined is not even close to that number?

I have no idea how ras works and how they get to that number.

Got to be a relative importance of the individual scores. No idea how Kent weighs the numbers against each though.

He was my second favorite day 3 WR after Malik Washington. I think he can develop into a really good WR1 with this group. I love this pick. 

I still want a 5'8" 200lbs MJD built, but WR with breakaway speed like Malik on day 3 to return kicks and handle screens and stuff. 

Man, I have called this draft so close to perfect.

What was the trade for multiple 50's picks? That was genius. I've been Pounding the table for that for months 

• Like 2

everyone looks at Luke and wonders if he's just a legacy, but from the all star game you could tell he plays with a fire, that is somethign I think you will need where he slots in on our team.

He was a depth WR I thought we'd take but I figured Malik Washington would be taken before we took him.  They must have him scouted better than what I saw for sure, this makes me smile if true, our slot position like TE has done little after the first guy.

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

What was the trade for multiple 50's picks? That was genius. I've been Pounding the table for that for months 

I was actually shocked they didn't trade 36, but after seeing the tape on the Illinois DT, I was stoked.  He may have some position flex in him, imagine him allen payne swapping around inside and at de.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Not gonna lie, pretty shocked he went this early, but I’m for it.  With that short speed, I’m looking for quick separation, and combined with those hands, he’s gonna be a guy Daniels trusts/leans on sooner rather than later.  And having Crowder to compete with and learn from is a boon IMO.

Yeah feels a bit early to me too, but remember once you get to this portion of the draft everyone's board is gonna be radically different. Also, we don't pick again until round 5, so if we really like him we had to take him at 100 or we weren't going to get him at all.

• Like 1

Seems like quite a reach to me.  He's going to have to get much stronger without losing quickness/speed to have much success at the NFL level.

Unless they like his skills as a QB enough to use him regularly in plays where he has an option to throw.  Especially with Daniels athleticism/running ability it seems like you could keep him on the field and you'd have to have a legitimate defender to cover him.

Not sure even if that would make enough of a difference to justify this.

• Like 1

OUr 3-5 WRS Are 
a 5-8 176 2nd year guy in Kazmeir Allen
a 5-8 6 year 26 year old named Alamide  Zaccheaus
6-4 Brycen Tremayne (Out of standford in his 2nd year?)
6-1 Mitchell Tinsley 3rd year out of Pen state 
6-0 Dax Milne
5-11 Davion Davis (3rd year out of Sam Houston St)
5-9 Jamison Crowder (10 years experience)
6-0 Dyami Brown

We didn't exactly hav ea lot of names at 3rd 4th WR.

If they think he beats out any of these guys to make the roster it has to be an improvement.