Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd, Ahmed

CapsSkins

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Howell to the Seahawks! @actorguy1 had it first.

Howell, a 4th and a 6th to Seattle for a 3rd and a 5th

Not s Howell hater, actually like him as a player and felt bad for him for the hand he was dealt here, though still held him accountable for a good portion of his increasing decline.

Hope he has a good career, he is a good guy and I think he still has upside. 

The deal seems fine to me and it probably is better to have him elsewhere as the team and coaching and scheme is going to be completely different than what he learned last year.

• Like 13
  • Thumb up 2

I didn’t see Commies trading Howell. Wow, at worst I believed he would be a cheap backup on this team. Well well well, a new age is here to n DC. Out with the old and in with the new.  Looking forward to whoever Commanders draft for qb this year.

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Sucks to lose Howell.

I am having difficulty determine the value gaines via the pick swap in this trade.

What does the point scale say?

We gained another 3rd for a 4th. We gained another 5th for a 6th. That’s all I care about.

All the best to Sam. Honestly hope he does well!

Drake Maye, you’re up.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Sucks to lose Howell.

I am having difficulty determine the value gaines via the pick swap in this trade.

Looks like we net 118.8 points per 2024 chart, equivalent of pick #95 (low 3rd).

Edit: Fixing math, sorry.

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Al Galdi is very good and less obnoxious than Sheehan for sure.  Doc needs to retire and go fishing.

Al is the absolute best "personality" in DC sports and it's not even close.

I've said for ages, there are 3 types of media jobs:

1. Reporter

2. Analyst

3. Opinion

Al is #1 in category 3.  

Doc has, at times, tried to be either an analyst or an opinion creator.  He's sucked at both.  He's a TERRIBLE analyst.  Even Joe Gibbs in Gibbs part II told him to "shut up and just go hit the nose" during a press conference.  Granted, it was half a joke.  But it was half Joe wanting nothing to do with dumb tough guy talk.

23 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Doc has been consistently advocating the need for change within the franchise for over 30 years, highlighting the enduring issues. However, our fans dismiss this perspective. Fans of teams like the Steelers and Ravens would resonate with his messaging, as those organizations emphasize the process, hard work, and dominating opponents. However, fans dismiss his perspective because it doesn't rely heavily on analytics or whatever. 

Comparatively, Galdi's approach is akin to Stephen A. Smith discussing football; while he's well-prepared and focused on stats and analytics,  he lacks depth, nuance, and a comprehensive understanding, in my opinion.

I speculate that Doc, for the first time in a long while, will be over the moon about the values, team principles, expectations, culture, and identity embraced by the front office and coaches. My guess is that Quinn will echo similar language used by Doc quite frequently.

Football dudes through and through, looking to take down the nerdy OCs most around these parts wanted! 

AI will not take any jobs. One of the effects of having a PhD in… | by  Pontus Wärnestål | Medium

19 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Doc catches a lot of flak for his commentary lol He’s one of my favorite Washington media personalities. 

This explains a lot. :P 

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, Dah-Dee said:

Looks like we net 119.6 points per 2024 chart, equivalent of pick #95 (low 3rd).

Not bad.

More than I thought we would get for him and right where I had the "godfather line" of where if that offer came he's gone.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Sucks to lose Howell.

On paper we traded 145.8 in draft value and received 230.8.

So amazing for us.

But that's with Howell being worth the 144th pick in the 2022 draft. If you value Howell at a 3rd round pick or higher then Seattle got the better value. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Sounds like the equivalent of a 3rd round pick based off the draft pick value chart on draftek

Moving up from 102 to 78 = +108 pts

Moving up from 179 to 152 = +10.8 pts

118.8 pts = 95/96th pick in late 3rd round

Not a bad return.  But I still think we should've had him back up the rookie instead of Mariota.  But not losing sleep over it.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Sucks to lose Howell.

Commanders 230.6 (78+152) Seahawks 118.8 (102+179) = 3rd (95)

Edited by FrFan
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Sucks to lose Howell.

+118 points so like a bottom 3rd round pick 

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2024 at 11:04 AM, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

Bough will be the “vet presence” for Maye/Daniels and Howell will be the backup.

If Maye/Daniels isn’t ready to start week #1 then Howell will and they can learn plenty watching him whether he does well or not.

Any questions from Maye/Daniels about “why is” or “why that” concerning all things QB play can be answered by Blough/Prichard/Johnson/Kingsbury.

There is no need to bring in a vet imo. 

Well, this aged poorly...

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Mooka said:

On paper we traded 145.8 in draft value and received 230.8.

So amazing for us.

But that's with Howell being worth the 144th pick in the 2022 draft. If you value Howell at a 3rd round pick or higher then Seattle got the better value. 

The value will be in the pick selection. I could care less what Seattle gets out of this.